No replies to this topic

#1 mjbonsais

mjbonsais

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:10 AM

I know that I've read on one of the celiac disease sites where gluten ingestion symptoms can be delayed and then show up weeks down the road- maybe it was on this site that I read this but not positive.

I would suspect gluten sensitivity perhaps. As mentioned in an earlier posting, you may very well have other food intolerance issues. Look at all the food you are eating every day and write it down in a ledger. Show the reactions your body is giving you and write the symptoms/date too.

I have been doing this and I can see that my having a yeast intolerance will be increased by sugar intake or fermented foods as well. I am now avoiding corn syrup and vinegars. Vinegars are fermented and they are included in mustard, pickles, mushrooms etc..... I had been drinking regular soda free of caffeine but it contained high fructose corn syrup! Definite NO for me. Corn syrup is in canned tomato sauces as well. Once again, you need to read the ingredient labels. Torula yeast is also used in many processed foods. < yet another reason to begin the natural food processing route.

I could go on an on but just wanted to voice my thoughts. What better way to learn than from each other.

Hugs

Mary Jo

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: