Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Recipes?

3 posts in this topic

I guess that this is the best place to post this request.

I'm looking for any recipes that you enjoy making for yourself or for your families or even your friends. There's not a recipe that I'm looking for in particular, just ones that you like as CDers.

Thanks!

Ads by Google:

** These are great!! I didn't smash them and I added chocolate chips, but they were light and chewy...definitely my favorite gluten-free cookie**

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies#71175

by BAker (see my other recipes) posted on Sep 11, 2003

(6 reviews)

I couldn't believe that you could make these cookies without flour. I saw them on Emeril and had to give them a try. An added touch is to put chocolate chips in the batter. Yum!

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup sugar

1 egg, slightly beaten

1 teaspoon baking soda

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Mix peanut butter and sugar until creamy.

3. Add egg and baking soda.

4. Mix well.

5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet, 2" apart.

6. Dip a fork in sugar and make a criss-cross pattern on the cookies.

7. Bake until slightly browned, but still soft to the touch, about 10 minutes.

8. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.

9. Transfer to wire rack until cooled.

72 cookies

20 minutes ( 10 mins prep time, 10 mins cook time )

Don't forget! After you make this recipe, rate and review it, so future cooks will know what works. To post your review, type the recipe ID#71175 in the Search box at the top of Recipezaar.com and enter your rating at the bottom of the recipe page.

Nutrition Facts

Calculated for 1 cookies

Recipe makes 72 cookies

Calories 32

Calories from Fat 17

Amount Per Serving %RDA

Total Fat 1.9g 2%

Saturated Fat 0.4g 1%

Polyunsat. Fat 0.5g

Monounsat. Fat 0.9g

Cholesterol 2mg 0%

Sodium 35mg 1%

Potassium 24mg 0%

Total Carbohydrate 3.5g 1%

Dietary Fiber 0.2g 0%

Protein 1.0g 1%

Vitamin A 3mcg 0%

Vitamin B6 0.0mg 1%

Vitamin B12 0.0mcg 0%

Vitamin C 0mg 0%

Vitamin E 0mcg 1%

Calcium 1mg 0%

Magnesium 5mg 1%

Iron 0mg 0%

Percentage Daily Values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your caloric needs.

Nutritional information provided here is an estimate based on ingredients, which means there are imperfections. We encourage you to learn how Nutritional Facts are calculated, so you know how to interpret this data.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I sit in an ice bath after a long training (running or riding).  It speeds my recovery, I swear!  
    • Oh, one last thing..... ICE PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll feel better. Hey, you have a tub? Want to join the polar bear club in the privacy of your own home? Fill that thing with cold water & dump a 5 or 10 lb bag of ice in there. I'm serious.
    • I don't care what she specializes in, you MAKE her do a dh biopsy. I'm not being mean. Please understand that. It's just that I've heard this a thousand times before - no, a thousand one hundred!  Here's another thing ~~~ get her to order a eTG aka TG3 serum (blood test). That is specific for dh.  Oh gosh! Don't you just hate the ones in your ears???!!!!! Nah, we hate ALL of them! I swear though, when those suckers get going in & on your ears it just drives you stark raving mad!!!!! You've convinced me there is more than ample reason to strongly suspect it's dh.  Here's a tip..... the patterning the lab will be looking for is very easily destroyed by scratching so pick you out some prime places that are new & maybe, just maybe you haven't scratched them to smithereens thus far, and make some super thick gauze bandages & place them over those places so even if you reach to scratch (& we know you will! right?) the gauze will remind you & hopefully help to protect it. The biopsy needs to be taken from a clear area adjacent to a fresh lesion. No steroid creams okay? Not till after the biopsy. BTW, if she wants to put you on steroids after the biopsy be warned, 99% of the time there is such a backlash of the rash the moment you go off the steroid that you will wish you were never born. A dx of dh IS a dx of celiac disease & no further testing is needed. Please come back & update us after you see her tomorrow. In the meantime you have my heartfelt sympathy. Take those cold showers & grit your teeth. Hopefully you will soon be able to go gluten free & start getting some relief.   
    • Extremely itchy and keeps me up at night to the point I was taking cold showers at 3am.   Currently my ears, scalp, feet, and chin just will not stop itching, my elbows have the rash and look purple. Eventually the rash will heal and leaves scars that seem to be purplish in color. I have not tried gluten free diet yet.  Waiting for all the testing to stop.  The new allergist i am seeing tomorrow specializes in skin disorders.
    • I am so sorry for your suffering.  Your story drives home the point that having Celiac Disease drives us all to do our own research and try to find a doc to help--if we are lucky. I wish you a speedy recovery and my most earnest wish that you are NEVER cross-contaminated again! You are a real trooper (little comfort, I know).  Wish I could do more.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    kierra.morris11@gmail.com