No replies to this topic

#1 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi everybody, I am 22 years old and have had anemia and several health problems my whole life including: tachyarrythmic episodes, interstitial cystitis, chronic fatigue, abdominal swelling w/constipation then diarrhea, arthritis w/ no injury and intermittent spasms in extremities. I have recently been told that i could have a sensitivity to gluten. When i quit eating gluten the bladder condition(supposed to be permanent) disappeared and the abdominal swelling subsides (although i think i have been swelling with soy and i am now lactose intolerant as an adult).

I am desperate for some advice as to where i can go to get tested for a gluten allergy or celiac disease but the last doctor i went to did not have me tested (i payed $500+ out of pocket and he failed to order any allergy tests or anything after i expressed my severe symptoms and desire for testing.

Needless to say i dont want to be waisting any more money as i do not have insurance. I am also not very enthused to start eating gluten again because it usually has me sleeping ten hours a day and still walking around like a drowsy zombie. I want to make sure if i go through this it gets done right.

Anyway my questions are: Does anyone know a good doctor around chattanooga?
What kind of tests should i make sure he orders?

Thank you so much in advance!
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: