Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

aclebrecht

Suggestions For A Gluten Free And Dairy Free Breakfast. Please Post

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You could eat anything for breakfast. Left- overs from dinner, a Peanut butter sandwich, etc.

But some traditional foods: gluten-free instant oatmeal, cereals like Chex and gluten-free Special K, Kind, Udi's. Luna, etc protein/ granola bars, Udis muffins, Vans or Eggo frozen waffles, toast with peanut or almond butters or Nutella, fruit and yogurt. I like sliced ham with some shredded cheese warmed up in the microwave or just wrapped around a slice of cheese. I have seen hard boiled eggs at the grocery in the egg section. Glutino " pop tarts".

Edit:

I am assuming you could toast or microwave? These little things let you microwave eggs. Just crack them in and microwave! Get some microwave bacon, too!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Chef-Buddy-Microwave-Egg-Cooker/24806074

I am in the USA, so products may differ in other countries.

Edited by kareng

Join eNewsletter

I tend to like bacon and eggs, or coconut flour pancakes for breakfast, but I eat a lot of other foods too: trailmix (nuts, raisins, seeds, coconut, cacao), coconut yogurt, raw veggies with tzaziki of hunnus dip, pepperoni sticks, cheese, coconut cream in my coffee, smoothies and leftovers. I rarely rarely eat cereal, bread or muffins for breakfast. I think the last time I had cereal for breakfast was January - I got a small bag of a cereal called "Holy Crap" that was quite tasty with coconut milk.

You could eat anything you want for breakfast. As a senior, you've earned that right.  ;)

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

I struggle with this one as well because I don't have time or energy to cook anything in the morning either. My usual breakfast is nut butter on gluten free bread. Nutella has milk in it, but Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is similar and dairy free. (http://justins.com/product/chocolate-hazelnut-butter/) Otherwise peanut butter is an option if you don't like your breakfast to be too sweet.

I also came across a happy find just last weekend when I noticed that the simple truth gluten free toaster waffles happen to also be dairy free. (http://www.simpletruth.com/products/frozen-foods/frozen-breakfast/gluten-free-homestyle-waffles/) You'd never know about the lack of dairy from the front of the box, but the ingredients list on the back shows no dairy. I topped mine with some earth balance spread and maple syrup. Yum.

If you're willing to use a blender, you could also whip up dairy free smoothies using any of the non-dairy milks and yogurts that are now available along with whatever fruit strikes your fancy.

There are also gluten free/dairy free granola bars.

If you're really avoiding all forms of cooking but need some protein in the morning (and are tired of nuts), many grocery stores sell hardboiled eggs.

That's all I can think of. I hope it helps. :)

Join eNewsletter

Since you say you can't do any cooking:

1. Fruits, nuts or both with a diary-free yogurt (Silk, So Delicious, and Almond Dream are a few brand names).

2. Katz Gluten Free (website:  http://www.katzglutenfree.com/ ) has several gluten-free and dairy-free breads, cookies, and cakes.  They deliver and they are carried in some stores.  (I really like their stuff.  It's not too sweet, like a lot of gluten-free products seem to be.)  So you can have toast and jam or a sandwich.

3. Check with your local community and see if there's a food delivery service for those who are homebound.  If so, they might be able to do gluten-free, dairy-free breakfasts for you that would just need warmed up.

4.  Chex cereals (the ones marked "Gluten Free") are both gluten and dairy-free.  Cereal and a non-dairy milk (almond milk, rice milk, soy milk) make a quick breakfast, too.

Join eNewsletter

I do hard boiled eggs a lot too. Full of lots of protein to start off your day. If you don't want to mess with boiling them you can purchase an egg cooker for under $20 and boil them in that.

Join eNewsletter

I know it may sound a little odd, but one of my favorite things to eat when I am on the go around breakfast time is baby carrots and walnuts.   Will sometimes add raisins or some other fruit. Remember you don't have to eat "breakfast" foods only at breakfast time.

I am my husband's "Silly Yak Girl" :)

I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in January 2013. I also have Lupus and Common Variable Immunodeficiency(CVID) for which I am on IVIG.

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Hi,

I know that this was written a while ago, but I just joined the forum.  Assuming you can also have quinoa, this is a great recipe (i have it in the oven now).  I make it and then bring a piece to work and heat it up in the mircowave.  I've also used egg beaters in place of the eggs.  It's basically, eggs/egg beaters, milk, garlic, spinach, salt, pepper, spinach, and quinoa.

http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Healthy-Quinoa-Egg-Bake-Recipe-26947762

Enjoy!

Laurie

Join eNewsletter

A little late but I just joined the group.

For me, fruits or a green smoothie (just water, fruits, some green leaves) or a more substantial green smoothie with raw cacao powder or (hulled) hemp seeds or raw nuts, for example. Add a little vanilla flavor. Or the same with the store-bought almond milk instead of water.

Or toast corn tortillas (I buy one with just organic corn flour, salt and water) and add mashed bananas, cinnamon and honey or other natural sweetener to it.

Join eNewsletter