This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Everyone- I know, I know, I'm like 292 pages behind, but I would humbly request that I come visit Rachelville (maybe you guys would let me live here?) because i KNOW you're all having fun and uhm.. I'm not. And I wanna!

My question is, do I have to read all 292 pages or can I just apply and come for an interview? :)

Bev--Of course you're welcome here! We'll bypass the interview process, and go right to getting you a job. What is it you would like to do? :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mouse Enthusiast

Hey Beverly, watch what you say about a job. I happened to mention a couple of hundred pages back that my husband and I watched my brother-in-laws dairy farm while they went on vacation. They have me down to milk cows and I never milked a cow in my life. All I did was wash the cows teats and my husband hooked the machines up. I ought to be great on a milk stool. The cow will have the cleanest teats-he he.

Guest BERNESES

Are you gluten free? GOD YES!

Do you promise to never infiltrate Rachelville with gluteney foods? ABSOLUTELY

Do you promise to never bring gigantic Auxigro ridden produce into R-Ville? I DEFINITELY WOULD NOT!

OK...Thats about it.

If you answered yes to all of the above....the job is yours. biggrin.gif YIPPEE!!!!!!!

Oh...the purple glittery bats are our friends...so please do not hurt them. smile.gif I LIKE BATS. And geese and dingos.

Uhmm.. job- I could be an English teacher. I am working on my PhD so when I finish I could start the University of Rachelville (where even the keg parties would have ONLY gluten-free beer). Do you have a university yet?

No- I still feel like poop but thank you for asking. It's kind of a long story which needs more elaboration than I can give it now (hubby's waiting to watch a movie with me). But I will expand next time I log on. And I will eagerly await the response to my application. :P

Hugs to all and to all a good night, Beverly :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor
They have me down to milk cows and I never milked a cow in my life. All I did was wash the cows teats and my husband hooked the machines up. I ought to be great on a milk stool. The cow will have the cleanest teats-he he.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Armetta,

Would you like us to add you to another duty? What do you like to do?

penguin Community Regular

Of course you're welcome, Bev!!!

I've read all the pages today, but, I feel lost anyway :blink:

I'll toast to everyone instead, "may your rough patches turn smooth, may your enemies be scarce, may you know increasing health every day, and may your blanks be blanks"

I like toasts with a bit of flexibility, fill in the blanks as you see fit :P

I feel like I'm in high school...here I am, a fat cow, with few friends, freaking out about scholarships :rolleyes:

Someone flog me with a wet noodle, please :rolleyes:

Where's that rock for me to crawl under?

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Uhmm.. job- I could be an English teacher. I am working on my PhD so when I finish I could start the University of Rachelville (where even the keg parties would have ONLY gluten-free beer). Do you have a university yet?

Bev, uh, we don't have a response time here or a committe to review, for that matter.....so the answer is

YES, YOU ARE OUR NEW ENGLISH TEACHER

Welcome to Rachelville! :rolleyes:

We have a university (The University of the Celiac Cult Farm or UCCF) and you can work with Cissie, who is Chair of the Dept. of Celiac Literary Oddities or something like that.....

Good to have you!

Armetta - you can change jobs if you don't want to clean the teats....

okay, I am supposed to be painting my living room and am clearly avoiding it....very spent from today's meltdown.....

gotta to - - am turning off computer.

And remember, tomorrow, up in the Sierra most of the day.....don't send the dingos, as THEY WILL BE WITH ME!!!!!

ha ha

Love you guys......

AndreaB Contributor

Ok Beverly, you've been added as english teacher. See Cissie for further instruction.

Here's the updated list everyone......waiting for Armetta to get back to us on her preferences.

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water.

Population (not sure haven't counted)

President: Rachel

Vice President: Patti

Governor: Julie

Lt. Governors: Miamia & Chelsea

Mayor: Andrea

Senator: Lisa

Secretary: Donna & Susan

Minister of Defense: Cissi in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs and Town Raconteur

Security: Donna

Village ambassador and queen: Julie

Newscaster: Celia

Decor and Design Committee: Patti -Decor Advisor, Susan - Garden Color Coordinator, Robbin - Assistant Decor Advisor, Rachel - Building and Landscape Advisor (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Computer Tech: Vincent

Picard: Coach (for community sports) Oh and Diver for all our sea food..sorry you got 2 jobs

Christine: Nurse (you work in a hospital right?)

Cow and goat milkers: Evie and Armetta (I think she said she has milked before)

Alison: Music teacher

Chef 1: Miamia - Chef 2: Chelse - Chef 3: Rinne

Andrea & Patti: Teachers

Donna & Rachel: Shopping consultants

Rinne: Community Events Coordinator

Meredith: Village adventurer/researcher, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Tony: captain for any water craft, so he can take Picard out for diving.

Mitch: truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.)

Andrea: Treasurer

Ryan: Handy-man, general fixer upper

Nikki: Cosmotologist, hair dresser

Lynne: Physical Therapist

Cissie: Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville

Vincent: Town hero and rule breaker

Jeny: Animal caretaker/veterinarian

Susan & Celia & Adam: Town comics

Cissie: Town matriarch

Cissie: History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.

Ryan: Language teacher

Tavi: Town bum, with the off time duty of raking leaves off paths in the fall

Karen: Counselor

Donna: Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all.

Carla: Social Director

Robbin & Rinne: Book store attendants

Rachel: Ice cream maker

Rinne: Juice bar operator

Dave: Ship designer and defender of the downtrodden

Jim: Maker of boxes for precious collectibles.

Liz: PE Teacher

Tavi: Minister of tumbleweeds on outskirts of village

Tavi: Cornshucker

Beverly: English teacher

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Chelsea--Don't be so hard on yourself, girl!

You have some temporary gluten weight that will be coming off very soon :D And all of those pesky little details will get worked out-- you'll be up to your eyeballs in garlic and saute pans before you know it!

We're all pretty much "works in progress" here--no putting yourself down allowed B)

VydorScope Proficient
:( an english teacher? Welllll I guess it was only time before some one came along that would not like me. :(
AndreaB Contributor
I'll toast to everyone instead, "may your rough patches turn smooth, may your enemies be scarce, may you know increasing health every day, and may your blanks be blanks"

I like toasts with a bit of flexibility, fill in the blanks as you see fit :P

I feel like I'm in high school...here I am, a fat cow, with few friends, freaking out about scholarships :rolleyes:

Someone flog me with a wet noodle, please :rolleyes:

Where's that rock for me to crawl under?

First of all :lol::lol:

Second of all....consider yourself flogged and can't you crawl under that adorable kitten of yours. Not exactly a rock but certainly cuddly and comforting (at least as much as a wired kitten can be).

Thirdly,

You're not fat and the weight will start coming off soon. Only about 2 more weeks girl.....you've done good. :P

mouse Enthusiast

May I be in charge of the library. I love books and can even put them on the right shelf - he he.

AndreaB Contributor
:( an english teacher? Welllll I guess it was only time before some one came along that would not like me. :(

Vincent, what's not to like. You're our town rule breaker and hero. How do those two go together? :unsure:

jerseyangel Proficient
May I be in charge of the library. I love books and can even put them on the right shelf - he he.

On the right shelf, eh? Ok, you're hired.

Andrea--where's that list.....

AndreaB Contributor

Armetta,

Left you on as helper for the cows and added you for your preferred occupation.

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water.

Population (not sure haven't counted)

President: Rachel

Vice President: Patti

Governor: Julie

Lt. Governors: Miamia & Chelsea

Mayor: Andrea

Senator: Lisa

Secretary: Donna & Susan

Minister of Defense: Cissi in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs and Town Raconteur

Security: Donna

Village ambassador and queen: Julie

Newscaster: Celia

Decor and Design Committee: Patti -Decor Advisor, Susan - Garden Color Coordinator, Robbin - Assistant Decor Advisor, Rachel - Building and Landscape Advisor (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Computer Tech: Vincent

Picard: Coach (for community sports) Oh and Diver for all our sea food..sorry you got 2 jobs

Christine: Nurse (you work in a hospital right?)

Cow and goat milkers: Evie and Armetta as helper

Alison: Music teacher

Chef 1: Miamia - Chef 2: Chelse - Chef 3: Rinne

Andrea & Patti: Teachers

Donna & Rachel: Shopping consultants

Rinne: Community Events Coordinator

Meredith: Village adventurer/researcher, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Tony: captain for any water craft, so he can take Picard out for diving.

Mitch: truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.)

Andrea: Treasurer

Ryan: Handy-man, general fixer upper

Nikki: Cosmotologist, hair dresser

Lynne: Physical Therapist

Cissie: Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville

Vincent: Town hero and rule breaker

Jeny: Animal caretaker/veterinarian

Susan & Celia & Adam: Town comics

Cissie: Town matriarch

Cissie: History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.

Ryan: Language teacher

Tavi: Town bum, with the off time duty of raking leaves off paths in the fall

Karen: Counselor

Donna: Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all.

Carla: Social Director

Robbin & Rinne: Book store attendants

Rachel: Ice cream maker

Rinne: Juice bar operator

Dave: Ship designer and defender of the downtrodden

Jim: Maker of boxes for precious collectibles.

Liz: PE Teacher

Tavi: Minister of tumbleweeds on outskirts of village

Tavi: Cornshucker

Beverly: English teacher

Armetta: Bookstore helper and librarian

Rachel--24 Collaborator

OMG...I am soooo sad right now. :(

I wrote a long post...responding to alot of stuff that I missed and now its LOST!! I dunno what happened...I posted it and its not here. :o

I'm brainfogged and dont know if I maybe I messed it up myself. :unsure:

What happened to my post....I'm too fogged to rewrite it all. :(

Beverly!!! Welcome to Rachelville!! :D

Robbin...the science lesson may have to wait till I get my brain back. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

I'm sorry Rachel. Robbin lost her post earlier today too. I just hate that.

We're glad you ok aside from being brainfogged and hope you get over that quickly.

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm just gonna be a lurker till my brain comes back....good thing I've got a great VP to take over during times like these! ;)

Ummm...I think I might have glutened myself day before last....I was eating Edward and Sons crackers...(umm yes, for the 3rd time) and I got a mouth blister right away so stopped eating them but havent been right ever since. :huh:

Stupid brainfog :angry:

Stupid crackers :angry:

Stupid Rachel for eating the crackers....again. :ph34r:

Oh....on page one of this thread I was talking about getting my thyroid meds compounded. Well I did... that very week....so that would have been in early May. Anyways the doc told me to get tested a few weeks later to make sure the pill is still being absorbed the same since its a totally new formula. I totally lagged on getting tested. Its been like 3 months and my hairs been falling out like crazy for 2 months but I was too busy in Rachelville to really do anything about it. :rolleyes:

I got tested Thursday and HOLY COW...my thyroid is WAAAAY low. No wonder I'm in a fog. :rolleyes:

Well...I'll probably need at least three times the amount I've been taking to get back to normal. Woah...I figured it might be low considering the hair being everywhere (except on my head where it should be) but I didnt think it was THAT low. :o

Good thing I have lots of hair to begin with!

rinne Apprentice

Welcome Beverly and yes Rachelville is a fun place to be. :) And no one should feel they have to read nearly three hundred pages even though every one of those pages is fascinating. :lol:

Robbin, I have been going twice a week since January for acupuncture and I do think it is making a difference. He hasn't been working on my back directly though, just my digestion which he sees as a priority. Some years ago I saw an acupuncturist for a shoulder injury that physiotherapy just wasn't helping and after three sessions I was better.

So far we have spinach and relevations in the "Wordage" Rachelville's Dictionary. :lol:

No Vincent she will love you .. she knows you are the trouble maker :D

Every class must have one and Vincent you called it yourself. :lol:

Rachel, sorry you lost your post, that really irks me when I do that, I try to make a habit of saving every post to the clipboard so that if it is lost in the posting I have a back-up but I forget to do that too. :(

AndreaB Contributor
I'm just gonna be a lurker till my brain comes back....good thing I've got a great VP to take over during times like these! ;)

Ummm...I think I might have glutened myself day before last....I was eating Edward and Sons crackers...(umm yes, for the 3rd time) and I got a mouth blister right away so stopped eating them but havent been right ever since. :huh:

Stupid brainfog :angry:

Stupid crackers :angry:

Stupid Rachel for eating the crackers....again. :ph34r:

Rachel,

Get rid of those crackers! They do you in every time. Don't be so hard on yourself ok.

I'm sure sorry about your thyroid. How long does it take to get the situation back under control and be able to start reducing the meds again? :(

I'm going out to play with the kidlets for a few minutes.....I'll be back for a few before I get the little one and the bigger ones to bed. Then it's Mitch's turn for a little while but I'll be checking in every now and then for new posts.

Cecile,

Hope you can get a good nights rest despite feeling not so good.

evie Rookie

Could I be Armetta's assisstant at the library??? :huh: I was our church librarian for many years, of course not as many books or as varied as Rville library will and our oldest daughter has been her town librarian for LOTS of years!! quote

Say, aren't we in' fine fettle' this Sat. night?? :rolleyes: We found our president, some of us are feeling better, some are going traveling!! We are just the busiest group here in Rachelville and the hurricane fizzled out. Does it seem like we have heard of less hurricanes at this time than last year? If so we ARE real glad!! :)

Will say Gnite all now, planning to get myself back on sleep schedule after my night with very little sleep a few nights ago. I now know a dark chocolate bar can do that to you if you ate the WHOLE thing. You thought I knew better than that, RIGHT. evie :)

AndreaB Contributor

Evie,

Your job has been expanded. :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast
So far we have spinach and relevations in the "Wordage" Rachelville's Dictionary. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Um, I am ALMOST finished painting the living room (WHY did I decide to paint the ceiling and now may not have enough paint for the whole dining/kitchen area, and since I invented the color by mixing four gallons and some quarts together :ph34r: GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY gotta darken it or lighten it for the other area......)

but I thought of a new job for Bev - unless she really WANTs to be the English teacher (our jobs are usually more fun than the ones we have - or don't have :ph34r: - in real life) - - - I nominate Bev to head up our new climbing and mountaineering section of R-ville, and I will be her assistant if I can get my arse in shape again.... BEV, what say you??

Rachel, SO good to have you back....so sorry about the crackers and the brain fog, dang, don't I know that one with my nuggets and all....but holy moly about your thyroid issue, you must fix that and soon! Will you feel better right away once meds are adjusted? (I am in my own brain fog myself today from that wicked Italian soda last night).....

'night Evie and Cecile.....sleep well.....

NIkki, have I wished you a fantastic holiday yet? And bullocks on the cleaning, ( :ph34r: oops, that's probably a naughty word in England)....we will miss you!

back to the heinous task at hand. I really wanna go to bed now......almost done wiht that room...

Say, aren't we in' fine fettle' this Sat. night?? :rolleyes: We found our president, some of us are feeling better, some are going traveling!! We are just the busiest group here in Rachelville and the hurricane fizzled out. Does it seem like we have heard of less hurricanes at this time than last year? If so we ARE real glad!! :)

Fine fettle indeed, and fun to be here. I joined quite late in teh game, so don't even know all of your stories. But at least, I'm not as late as Bev..... :lol:

Guest Robbin

Welcome Bev!!! We need you to not only help with the creations of new wordage, but to organize mountain expeditions of which I want to be a part of too. We must build a cabin for each of us in the mountains also.

Good Googly Moogly (my impression of cecile, lol) Armetta--I would absolutely hate to be in the barn with ugh-cows. I grew up with those stink- makers around. Cows-hate the smell, love the steaks :) You need to be in the library of course, and evie we need you there too. "Fine fettle--love that phrase-haven't heard that used in awhile. I vow to use it more often-thank you for the wordage of the day evie.

Dingo, Dingo-girl-It's your ceiling, make it unique-swirl it all together and it will look marbled. You can tell everyone it was on purpose. We have a phrase we use alot-"accidentally on purpose" . You accidentally on purpose ran out of paint. Wordage is a word, btw. Also, we use drinkage, poopage, barfage, (most action words can have -age on it can't they teacher Bev?)

Now, I have to go to bed or I will not wake up till noon :blink: Good night-

Rachel -those crackers need some kind of warning label for you or something. We may have to do an intervention with Rachel everyone--"crack-er addict" that she is...lol. I hope you feel better dear visored one and get some rest. We need your brain un-fogged!!!

Green12 Enthusiast

Hello to all in Rachelville,

I've been laying kind of low the last week, but I am never far.

I'm glad we found Rachel, we are becoming experts at sending out a search party :lol:

Rachel- So sorry about the thyroid, hopefully it will all normalize when you get a correct dosage. I am thinking I am going to have to make an executive decision as Mayor, and Queen for heaven's sake, that it is time for an Edwards & Sons Rice Crackers intervention. Just say NO!!!!

Chelse- Don't be so hard on yourself about the weight. It will all come off as soon as you get through this. And starting something new and exciting, and entering the "unknown" is always stressful. It's normal to be having all the feelings and emotions you are experiencing.

Susan- So sorry you have been having a difficult time trying to mend fences with your family. It wouldn't hurt this much if it wasn't something that was so very valuable and important to you. I know you were advised to let it go, but have you thought about writing a letter before you do? If you had only one chance to say what you want to say to them what would it be? You wouldn't even have to mail or deliver the letter, just get out all of your feelings, your apologies for the past, your intentions for the present and future, and then seal it and let it go. It might bring you a peace of mind, that you gave your best effort and put yourself out there, they are choosing not to forgive, and now you must go on. It really is their loss.

rinne, I have also been going to get acupuncture treatments again. So far I have been going once every two weeks. My acupuncturist is working on my digestion, and also I told her about the histamine stuff so she is doing some things for that, in Chinese medicine histamine is associated with the immune system and also "heat" in the body.

Celia- I heard a forecaster say it was going to be a mild hurricane season. Don't know if there is anything to that, but I hope he is right.

Robbin, Cissie, evie, armetta, mia mia, hope you all are feeling better

I miss Donna and Patti, haven't talked to you gals in a while.

Andrea, thanks for checking in and taking good care of everyone and the thread, you are the bestest "mother hen".

Hello to Mango down under :)

Welcome Beverly!!! So glad you decided to come and join the madness. We have so much fun here, takes our focus off being sick and the ups and downs of getting better.

All you other Rachelville-ites, hello, goodbye and goodnight :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, SO good to have you back....so sorry about the crackers and the brain fog, dang, don't I know that one with my nuggets and all....but holy moly about your thyroid issue, you must fix that and soon! Will you feel better right away once meds are adjusted? (I am in my own brain fog myself today from that wicked Italian soda last night).....

Thyroid meds take about 6 weeks to build up to a constant and stable level in the blood. Also the other way around...if you were stable and then just stopped taking meds it would take a few weeks to really have a big affect because the meds stay in the blood for awhile. Thats why I didnt start having hairloss until about a month after my meds got compounded.

It kind of sucks because I've been on 1 grain (60mg) but I'm estimatating I will need up to 3 grains to be stable. My doctor only doubled the dose for now because she doesnt want to overshoot. I have to retest in 6 weeks cuz it takes that long to build up in the blood. Then if its still low she will increase again. I know it will still be low so its gonna be awhile till I get the blood levels to where they need to be.

Bummer cuz now when I'm brain fogged or feeling crappy I dont know if its from food or low thyroid. Low thyroid can cause some big time brain fog so maybe thats why I'm so out of it right now. :unsure:

I read about what happened with the Italian soda. :(

I had posted to you earlier about what you've been going through today but it got lost in space and now I'm too fuzzy to try and remember all that I've read.

Sheeeesh...are you guys sure you want me as your President?? :ph34r:

First, I abandoned the cult farm for a few days and now I come back all spaced out and fuzzy. :blink:

Archived