This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Cecile,

How was your dinner? Are you ok so far?

I see you. :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
evie Rookie

you guys....

:(:):(:):(:):(:):(:)

having a mixture of crying (tons) and laughing, THANK YOU for your blessed thoughts and kind words...Patti, I would never have thought that of you.....THANK YOU, friend.

Nikkie, Evie, thank YOU both for you kind words also....all of this is making me cry harder...but that's good....

Was off for awhile and thinking about your headches & etc problems, started wondering if you could be getting some of those from paint fumes!! B) I used be BAD/ chemical sensitivties, could not stand to be around paint, gas, oil, diesel fumes ( had to have an air cleaner in the car).Anyway I had many headaches along/ D. Just a thot to pass along. I am much better that way now, been a lot of years too, got out of moldy basement where I worked, that may have helped the most but still have some breathing difficulties when heavy, damp air carries mold outside. Be better friend!! :huh: evie

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Celia, Good to see you home in one piece :D I was wondering how you did. That's funny about the waiter--I guess he didn't quite know what to make of you....

Are you feeling ok?

AndreaB Contributor

Cecile,

It doesn't sound like you had enough to eat. Make sure you eat something else if you need too. :P

jerseyangel Proficient
So far okay... I had a bit of trouble last night so I'm still feeling that but I hope it doesn't get worse... everyone else had big ol' dinners... looked yummy.... spinach this whole Celiac disease :o:lol:

I know--bummer :angry:

It's times like this that it's particularly irritating :D

rinne Apprentice

I have this problem when I step away for a few hours and find pages to read when I return, I start to read and then I want to respond to a comment but I want to keep reading and I think, oh, I'll remember and by the time I get to the end there are five comments I want to respond to but I've forgotten the first four. :lol:

Was it Ryan who said he got a phone call at home? I'm amazed that anyone could make it through basic training without understanding the lines of authority. This guy has a problem.

I haven't noticed the weather affecting the AS, it is just painful all the time, but ice packs help.

Susan, I am sorry that you are feeling so very sad. Please don't be too hard on yourself or them, trust your healing and know that real change takes time. I waited for ten years for my son to be willing to communicate with me and now I am completely willing to have him define our relationship. I will never ask him to forgive me, I know that in the past my hope for forgiveness was felt on his part like a responsibility I laid on him and it made him angry. I mean think about it, first I abandon him and then I want him to forgive me for abandoning him. :( I have forgiven myself for my failures and it seems funny to write that because I also feel that I have been forgiven. I feel that somehow we must lift ourselves up from our grief at our great failures, and we all fail, and find the joy in each day so that joy is what we bring to each other even if it is still tangled up in our list of griefs. :) Susan, you bring that joy here, we all know it and are grateful for it. Big Hug.

And Cecile, those photos were awesome. I am so glad that you are okay for now but I am not happy about having a friend live in such a crazy place. :P

Ha, I remembered four. :lol: To everyone else, hello, oh I remember now and is it Alan? Welcome, yes I do admire someone with the verve to jump in here. I think about inviting newcomers but I am afraid the history lesson would scare them. :lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Rinne,

I'm glad you were able to come to terms with a renewed relationship with your son. Such kinds words of advice and wisdom for Susan to ponder. I'm glad to call all of you loving, kind people here my friends. :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I have this problem when I step away for a few hours and find pages to read when I return, I start to read and then I want to respond to a comment but I want to keep reading and I think, oh, I'll remember and by the time I get to the end there are five comments I want to respond to but I've forgotten the first four. :lol:

oh my gosh, yup, this is all the time...Hi Rinne, thank you also for your kind words. Some days, things are like this....and then next week, wtih the exact same set of circumstances, I can be fine.

Andrea - - you are so right. Thank you also for taht wonderful post. I have been and am doing my part...

But listen girls, your prayers must have done something:

The girls and I went to the park - they are POOPED - - SO many squirrels and even I worked up a good sweat. My niece had called both phones before I left (probably a late invitation to lunch), but I didn't answer since I was crying and pitiful (YES CECILE, lots of snot :huh: ). So I got home and she called again....I decided go answer. She wanted to pop in with her boyfriend (who's closer to my age, BTW). Of couse I joyfully said yes, they stayed for about 90 minutes and we had a wonderful time. Just fun - no heavy stuff. They drank a bit of wine. And guess what, we are all going climbing tomorrow morning, with the three youngest girls as well. They also kept repeatedly asking me to come to dinner where another sister works, but, I"ve got a killer headache and still not feeling so great, and need to finish painting as carpet is getting ripped out on Monday morning or Tues., and also want to get plenty of sleep for climbing tomorrow.

So, I think God heard my sobs this morning (spent a good bit on my knees in prayer), and I was given a small but very dear miracle today.

But holy cow, did I go through the wringer this morning....

I am so grateful for all of your kind words and support. It means the world to me, if I haven't said that already. The PMS SHOULD be gone soon..... :ph34r: and then can get THAT out of the way....I don't think all the chocolate helped THAT this week.

Evie - the headache - -I hadn't even thought of paint fumes, thought it was from gluten...dunno.

Cecile - - I hope you do NOT get sick!

Cissie - - didn't get an email - did you send it?

Judy - glad you got out in the garden and we didn't have to send a search party! But the dingos are always ready for that, rest assured.

Much love to all of you. I am emotionally spent and exhausted....but guess what, I get to go climbing tomorrow, and just be out with the dogs and the girls in my favorite spot of all, the Kaiser Wilderness....this will do wonders for my soul as with the cost of gas, I don't head up much at all any more.

I gotta take a little nap. Thanks for letting me vent here and offering such support. I think the more time my niece spends wtih me and I"m just really mellow, the better things will continue to become (she lived with me the summer she was 16 and I was a bit of a tyrant - - VERY strict).

Love to all of you - - I"ll check in later.....

AndreaB Contributor
Hey check this out... I put the cold pack right underneath my right ribs in front and kind of wrapped it aroud to where my stomach is, and it took some of that pain away.... Rhonda... my friend you are on to something!

Where is my pain fummed driven mucus buddy?

EDIT ALERT... can you freezer burn your insides?

It is best to have something in between your skin and the ice pack girlie. :P But not so much that you can't feel it. Of course I always used a plain ice pack on my head when I was younger. Talk about brain freeze....and not from eating ice cream. :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Where is my paint fumed driven mucus buddy?

EDIT ALERT... can you freezer burn your insides?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I know I can count on my SILLY DINGBAT buddy to make me laugh, every time. It was a tired and small laugh, but a laugh, none-the-less. Please try not to freezer-burn your insides, silly. HOly cow, you are a goof.

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

That's great news!!! Have fun, get some rest and let us know how it goes tomorrow. Sounds like fun and beauty all wrapped up in one package. I don't get out of the house much and am so out of shape I wouldn't be able to take much more than a very slight incline walk. I do love God's nature though.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
HA.. Andrea... I really don't care about my skin... I had a slight panic attack cuz some of my stomach pain went away and I thought it was because I froze my insides :blink::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I think you need to spend a little more time in the cold, like, say climbing Everest or something, to freeze your insides.....you are a NUT

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

so happy for you Susan!

What a difference a few hrs make.

hugs

Judy

rinne Apprentice
HA.. Andrea... I really don't care about my skin... I had a slight panic attack cuz some of my stomach pain went away and I thought it was because I froze my insides

ROTFLMAO and these moments just add to a fun day. :lol::lol::lol:

I think the limit is twenty minutes for ice off for an hour then twenty minutes....but where is the town physiotherapist?

Susan, that is wonderful news. :)

AndreaB Contributor
EDIT AGAIN... Tony just came in and laughed at me cuz I'm in baby blue checkered jammies... orange tank top... and bright purple sweater wrapped around my waist to keep the cold pack on my tummy <_<

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

dlp252 Apprentice

Hi everyone, it was STEVENS CREEK, not Walnut Creek, lol... :D Wished I'd logged on yesterday, lol. I I'm only on for a few minutes here and haven't read the many posts but sounds like I missed a lot. Glad Rachel is okay. I'll try to catch up tomorrow!

DingoGirl Enthusiast

I know, I was wondering where our Donna was.....hey, where's Julie?

AndreaB Contributor
I know, I was wondering where our Donna was.....hey, where's Julie?

Julie was online yesterday according to her profile. She must of just not posted. I usually check profiles now before I start worrying.....sometimes I don't feel like posting or don't have time but always get on to read.

AndreaB Contributor
Good gawwwddd girlfriend you are fast :lol: well at least she's not missing.

I checked on her earlier today. :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Dang, someone has a life, we get all worried and send out the dingos.... :P

(except that our FOUNDER usually does post every day, so that was worrisome!)

Guest Robbin

Omg, I just typed a post and lost it all. I hate it when I do that. :angry:

Susan-We all love you so much and I am so glad that your niece came over. I hope you are well enough to hike --bring back loads of laughs to share. Are the dingos going?

Celia-Never worry about sharing your concerns with the hurricanes-you have every reason to be concerned and friends are here to listen and if you need to evacuate to higher ground, you can come to my place anytime. Bring the whole family, if you need to.

ALLEN -A NEW GUY IN TOWN!!! Welcome to our little slice of paradise here :) . Thanks for the info on Breyers for the lucky people who can eat it here. :P

The dog festival was a little goofy-everyone brought their dogs into town and the shops had dog themes and there were poop-scoop cans, doggy booths selling scarves, a dog beauty contest, spca was there with puppies, etc. It was nice and not too hot today. Saw three dead deer by the road on the way in different spots, though. I also saw six live ones in the meadow, so felt better seeing that. The poor things. :(

Nikki-Have a great holiday! Sounds wonderful. I hope your dh feels better. There is not much you can get comfortable with when your back hurts. I would so hate to have anyone take care of my pets right now the mess I have going is not a pretty sight. I am taking my dog with me to Ohio and leaving the cats with two litter boxes and four big bowls of food and a big water dish, so they should be ok. The oldest cat will probably eat like a pig and pass out for a day or two at first. He is insatiable with the eating. I am going for only four days, but am putting down newspaper all over the bathroom with the litter boxes. It should be ok. I am also covering the carpets with drop cloths in case of fur ball barf.

rinne-Am I remembering correctly that you have acupuncture treatments? Forgive me if I am mistaken, but I am thinking about trying it for my back. I hope you get some relief somehow. Chronic pain can be like a monkey on your back and it either makes a person sensitive to others or a mean-spirited whiner. All of you who are on here are the sensitive kind ones :) .

Cissie, oh, Cissie--We miss your sweet self :)

Julie --Where is our queen ???

Andrea--Please try to get some Mommy-time -you deserve it. Lock the bathroom door and take a bubblebath -it helps to turn on some music to drown out the yells from the kids and hubby. I have a friend with 5 kids ages 8 to 1 yr. old AND she works full time. She has these little bath vacations alot :) !

Rachel-Waiting anxiously for the latest research lesson-I always learn alot from your research. :) Take care everyone and have a wonderful Sunday.

AndreaB Contributor

Robbin,

It is annoying when you lose a post isn't it. I've done that before too.

When are you leaving your critters for a mini vacation? I took care of my old neighbors kitties, horses and bird whenever she needed me too. She has one cat that is the absolute most loveable cat I've ever been around. He'll claw you climbing up to get more attention. The bird is a cockatu and is also sweet. I don't know if she still has him. She was going to try and find a home for him with another bird owner so he'd have company. She always takes her 3 boxers with her. They are also sweet. I really miss having her as a neighbor but we had to move since our rental was sold. She has the 3 dogs, 2 horses, 1 cockatu, 3 or more chickens and 7 cats.

Guest Robbin

Andrea, I just saw your post-wow, you took care of a ZOO while she was away!! I am going next Thurs. coming home Sunday night. I may be checking in on the hotel computer. We are staying in a pet friendly hotel, thank goodness. Ds wants to get online, so I have to go.... Have a good night.

btw-Andrea-I am pm-ing a msg to you :) .

Guest BERNESES

Hi Everyone- I know, I know, I'm like 292 pages behind, but I would humbly request that I come visit Rachelville (maybe you guys would let me live here?) because i KNOW you're all having fun and uhm.. I'm not. And I wanna!

My question is, do I have to read all 292 pages or can I just apply and come for an interview? :)

AndreaB Contributor

Beverly,

Here is the job application Rachel (the Prez) typed out. If you pass the application (it's easy), then we need to know your preferred job placement area.

Here is the application for a job in R-ville.

Are you gluten free?

Do you promise to never infiltrate Rachelville with gluteney foods?

Do you promise to never bring gigantic Auxigro ridden produce into R-Ville?

OK...Thats about it.

If you answered yes to all of the above....the job is yours. :D

Oh...the purple glittery bats are our friends...so please do not hurt them. :)

How are you feeling? I know you've had threads going about not feeling well. Have things gotten any better? And no, you don't have to read the whole book. :P

Archived