This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

dlp252 Apprentice

Well, had a BioSET appointment today. I don't think I'll EVER be done with this, lol. She keeps finding stuff! We were supposed to be doing allergies, but today it was the pesky bacteria that seems to want to hide from everyone...they can see bacterial problems but have had a hard time finding it apparently.

I had thought that she gave me the results of all the testing she ran a few weeks ago, but apparently not the bacterial report. Got that today. This was a stool profile that I did. The bacteria that showed up was Citrobacter sedlaki and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. The last one was in the "dysbiotic" side. The Citrobacter was in the "imbalance" section. The beneficial flora that showed up were Bifidobacter, e.coli spp., lactobacillus spp., enterococcus spp. I haven't read the report yet...this is from Doctor's Data and they give a pretty great report which explains each of the things.

She gave me a drainage/detox drop to take and put me on caprylic acid which will take care of this and also the candida. I already took both today. I bought oil of oregano today and will start that in a couple of days.

I'm also taking Banderol and Cumanda on a rotating basis, but can't take as much as you do Rachel. Anna said I only tested well for 5 drops twice a day!!! I was taking way more than that (of both of those) with no physical problems though.

And sheesh Susie, talk about falling off the diet, lol. I have been having intense cravings for stuff...not necessarily sugar though. I dreamed of eating gluten the other night (pie crust (not the filling mind you) and crumb cake for anyone interested in dreams, lol). I haven't done that in the almost 2 years that I've been gluten free. I've been craving salad, corn dogs, hot chocolate or mocha, coffee, peanuts, and a bunch of other stuff. Weird! I've had a few sips of coffee this week, and I finally just stopped at Starbucks this morning and got a small--hoping that will kill the cravings. :ph34r:

Ha, made my own salad dressing today with olive oil, lemon, garlic and salt. Not wonderful, but it was enough to let me have a little of the salad I've been craving.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judyin Philly Enthusiast

donna...........saw this from you and made me laugh...me the one who can't spell worth a nickel.

"""""Gosh, so sorry to hear of that stupid duck you saw...every once in a while Dr. Rick will want me to get a test that I have to go to the regular doctor for, but I usually just don't go, lol.""" :lol::lol::lol:

of course with your sense of humor.....which I love by th way.......maybe you meant it....which is even funnier :lol:

Just went and saw your cloud/sunray photo,.,,,,amazing shot...............tried to copy it but didn't suceed but have another thought i'll try. what a perfect photo of 'strength from the board' for me today.

just woke up dry from a 2 1/2 hr nap........... :D now that's a blessing in itself.

going to go edit my post........it's even too narley gross :ph34r: for me to read.

Rachel you really have me thinking of this 'a' connection............i know i seem like a hypo..but...that's how we have all learned on here...........

esp with the lung congestion...both with lod and this...IPF....possible connection...and there were 3 more too...........maybe in the link someone put up.........can't find now.

deck still a mess but I'll feel better after the 'nap' escape...so think i'll try to finish up.

interesting note..........when i woke up i was itching..........looked and had 5 red pimple/welts/like bites that itch like the devil.....wondering about DH...after this am but from coffee..........oxalate not gluten...........oh lord another question.............. :ph34r: OH LORD............MAYBE I'M ALLERGIC TO DIRT...............NOW THAT WOULD BE BAD............VERY VERY BAD :ph34r::lol:

thanks all.

judy

Green12 Enthusiast

So many in Rachelville are going through tough times and it breaks my heart :( I'm thinking of you all, hoping things turn around soon!

Rachel, so sorry about your appointment. I had many of those myself and I leave feeling so frustrated.

They make us feel like we are dumb and we shouldn't question anything and that is what makes me the angriest, afterall we know our bodies best and we are getting signs and signals that deep down something just isn't right. Instinct and intuition is a gift that we all have been given and to have it denied and not validated is a shame- even if it is not right on it usually gives another clue and gets us closer to where we need to be, my opinion anyway.

I got my netti pot at Wild Oats, it was on sale, but you can find them at any health food store and even Walgreens has them.

FYI, pink is a great color for healing, emotional balance, calm, opens the heart, etc. Don't be afraid to embrace the pink :lol::lol::lol:

Good idea on starting up with the Cumanda SLOWLY, I'm all for that. My body, and I am sure most all of us here, is really touchy and sensitive to things. When I am having my supplements tested I am so specific to what I want and need and it usually is less than more, a slightly higher dose usually causes all my points to drop out of balance.

Excellent scientificness about the aspergillus.

Rinne, thanks for the feedback on the detox baths and castor oil packs. Sounds like you were taking pretty strong baths. I am definitely going to start out slowly with them so I appreciate the heads up on that! I am looking forward to starting the castor oil packs next week :D

Alkalize is a word :D Don't ask me if lemons or limes are alkalizing, I still haven't figured that one out! I have heard many people say completely opposite things on which does what :huh:

Depression, I hear you all on that too. It's so frustrating when you go to the doctor for that first visit, you explain your physical symptoms, and that somehow translates into a clinical depression diagnosis and you leave with AD samples and scrips, referrals for therapists. That is the very problem IMO, that modern medicine is failing to recognize or even acknowledge that auto-immune conditions are REAL and they EXIST, at a increasing rate as well. It's not all in our head.

Susie, it wasn't until I changed my diet the the clouds parted for me- basically fresh foods in the most natural state as possible, organic, good quality proteins, lots of veggies, healthy fats, whole grains (other than the gluten containing grains of course) . If I cheat a little here and there with sugar, baked goods, something alittle more complicated with a lot of ingredients and more processed in nature, chemicals, dairy, etc then I notice right away a shift in brain chemistry. I think what affects who varies from person to person. Dairy, Gluten and sugar are my hugest offenders.

I pay out of pocket too, I've spent an arm and a leg, and another leg on treatments :o

Judy, I am sorry all that you have had to go through with your son. You were just doing what you were being told, and we all trust that the doctors word has our best interest, safety, and health in mind.

Hi Bev, good to see you pooping in :lol: Hope you are well.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THANKS JULIE..........APPRECIATE IT

SUSIE QUOTE. "Rachel, your Dr saying about the blood and black eyes really cracks me up JUDY DITTO S'S

It reminds me of when I tried to talk to my Dr about Candida some time back. Apparently you have to be at death's door to get systemic Candida. They actually said, you have to have a severely compromised immune system (are our immune systems just pretending then?! )

Susie

YEP...THAT'S WHAT MY PRIMARY, GI, SAID TO ME TOO............I'M NOT SICK ENOUGH...........

(are our immune systems just pretending then?! WILL HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS ONE.....

WISH THEY COULD HAVE BEEN IN THE GARDEN WITH ME TODAY................ :lol: WELL NOT REALLY :ph34r: BUT .....................GUESS WE HAVE TO BE BROUGHT IN ON A CODE BLUE.............TO GET THEIR ATTENTION ON THE ............COMPROMISED IMMUNE SYSTEMS............

J

CarlaB Enthusiast
Alkalize is a word :D Don't ask me if lemons or limes are alkalizing

My LLMD says they are alkalinizing and that if you benefit from drinking lemon/lime water, you would also probably benefit from an alkalinizing diet.

Green12 Enthusiast

Glad you have been able to be out and about in the garden Judy :)

I knew I would forget something, I always do after I hit "add reply", sometimes I go back and edit but I didn't want anyone to miss this:

Susie Q says hi to all and sends her best :D I am hoping she will pop in soon.

Green12 Enthusiast
My LLMD says they are alkalinizing and that if you benefit from drinking lemon/lime water, you would also probably benefit from an alkalinizing diet.

I knew they did something, I have heard one is alkalizing and one more acidic from different schools of thought.

How are you feeling Carla? You haven't posted for a while and I thought that meant you weren't feeling so great......

Donna, good to see you! I am so glad to hear your dark cloud has lifted somewhat. I was very worried, you were just not your usual happy upbeat self that I have always known you to be. Your presence and outlook was definitely missed! That's great news to know it was just a matter of tweaking a supplement.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice

Judy, here is a link to my photo album on Shutterfly.com...I hope the link works...it usually gets emailed to people. I lost all these pictures when my computer died last year. Fortunately I had them online, and I have some of them on a C.D, but some got overwritten before I could save them.

Anyway, don't try to look at ALL the pictures, lol...there are around 300 (it was my first time and only time in Northern Europe (cruise)). Anyway, the picture you like is on the first page of this album. I'd email the full size picture if I still had it. :(

Open Original Shared Link

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

thanks so much donna

my 3 ways didn't work

will try this one later tonight

neat deck on cruise cabin by the by... :lol: only looked at that one honest!

dlp252 Apprentice
thanks so much donna

my 3 ways didn't work

will try this one later tonight

neat deck on cruise cabin by the by... :lol: only looked at that one honest!

:lol: you can look at them all if you want...there's only 210! :lol: Actually there are some really nice shots of gardens at Versaille and in Scotland you might like.

AndreaB Contributor
Well, had a BioSET appointment today. I don't think I'll EVER be done with this, lol. She keeps finding stuff! We were supposed to be doing allergies, but today it was the pesky bacteria that seems to want to hide from everyone...they can see bacterial problems but have had a hard time finding it apparently.

Just look at it this way......you're getting closer with each appointment! :D

Yay on the salad dressing. Hope your little treat took care of the cravings. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
I knew they did something, I have heard one is alkalizing and one more acidic from different schools of thought.

How are you feeling Carla? You haven't posted for a while and I thought that meant you weren't feeling so great......

I've read that all citrus is alkalizing, but lemons don't have sugar. Not sure whether limes do or not.

I'm pulling out of the bad part ... I've had some herxing in my head though. My attitude is bad and everyone is out to get me :P . This is good news though ... it means that it's getting to what's giving me the cognitive symptoms. Those have to go away with this or I'm stuck with IV.

Physically, I tire easily.

Honestly, I have no babs symptoms anymore and few Lyme symptoms. My joint pain is mostly gone, so are my muscle aches. I have been getting low grade fevers, disorientation, worse GI symptoms, poor short term memory, worse insomnia, etc. from the new bart treatment.

I am going to be retested for heavy metals to see if were're done with that treatment. I should get my orange jug next week.

Adam was gone all last week and will be gone all this week, too. Friends are bringing dinner for me several times per week last week and this week. Of course, I felt fine the two days I got dinner last week, but the day before and the day after I was sick in bed with a fever. <_< The SAME thing happened to my other friend with Lyme ... the first time she had someone bring her dinner was the first time she felt good in months. I think the cure for our Lyme is to have dinner brought in every night. :P

rinne Apprentice

I think that those of us willing to pay for our own health care are in a better position to take charge of the kind of health care we receive. It would appear that in Canada we have free medical care but the quality of that care is questionable and what is so great about free if it makes you sicker and keeps you sicker?

I know that if I had gone with my initial doctor's recommendations I would be sicker now than when I went to her. And when I think back to the C.T. Scan they did and the feeling I had of being burned for at least three months afterwards I know that that was a turning point for me, I realized then that I was competely responsible for my health and that nobody else was going to figure it out for me.

For those of you who are receiving excellent care I am grateful that you have found it but for me I continue to muddle along toward health with minimal supplements and at this point minimal contact with anyone in the health care profession.

I am so much better and that is greatly due to this thread and through it the oxalate thread. I knew that once the festival was over that I would take a break from the rinne bars and I have no doubt that just that would have made some difference but cutting out all the oxalates has make a big difference in just a few days.

Thank you. :wub:

....Yes, the chips (my only source of chocolate) are high oxalate, so no more for now. :angry: I so know what you mean about the Stax--I could eat a whole tube easily :D

Have a good rest-of -the-day everyone. Off to look at houses....today and tomorrow. I'll check in later :)

Just one tube. :o:lol:

I hope your house hunting went well. :)

We are on state assisted insurance and nothing is covered if you don't go to their doctors. We've put everything on credit and are maxed out now. Now I've got to try and come up with money to continue supplements. Things are definately harder when you have to pay out of pocket. Just do what you can.

Andrea, I am sorry money is such a struggle. I hope Mitch can get enough hours. :)

This illness has been a real wake-up call for me financially. I realized that I was very fortunate to have a husband to take care of me and then when I thought about it I had to wonder who would take care of him if he was to fall ill? I know that is not so easy for you with the children and home schooling them but I wonder if there is a way you could take advantage of the internet with sales? I know you have sold things on EBay. :wub:

....Judy,

Rinne started the oxolate posts over here, you just copied her quotes. That's ok though.....both of you. :D

See, even when I think I'm leaving Rachelville I don't go far. :lol: Yes, it is mental pause. :lol:

FYI, pink is a great color for healing, emotional balance, calm, opens the heart, etc. Don't be afraid to embrace the pink :lol::lol::lol:

Here, here!!!

Carla, thanks and is there a way I would know I was benefitting? :) That sounds funny but sometimes I feel like I am tracking pain systems through my body, like storms on a map of a continent, does anyone know what I mean?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I found a netipot at Whole Foods. They had 3 different colors...NO PINK! :P

I was gonna get the cute purple one but then I realized I have no idea what to do with it. :huh:

So I need some help from the Rachelvillers and then I'll go back and get it next week. :)

There was directions on how to *use* it but what am I supposed to put in it?? Just warm water or salt water or what?? :unsure:

Julie....does purple promote healing too?? I hope so because I honestly think that pink might mess me up....cause a setback or something....me and pink dont go too well together. :P

I'm praying that some kind of miracle happens with figuring out whats in my sinuses...praying that I can eat foods again. If I can accomplish this I can go to Disneyland. :D

My mom said shed even pay for me to go if I can get better. So yeah...I have two weeks vacation left and I wanna go to Disneyland and be able to eat more than ground beef and peas. :)

I havent forgotten about the gluten-free mickey mouse shaped pancakes. :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

CARLA ........... :( SORRY YOUR STILL SICK ONLY ON THE + SIDE IS THE DINNERS YOUR RIGHT.

RENNI.........GLAD YOUR FINDING HELP IN THE OXALATE THREAD JUST AS MANY OF US HAVE IN ADDITION TO THE OMG.

HUGS ANDREA.........THINK I HAVE SOMETHING TO READ FROM YOU...

J

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

WOOPS RACHEL GUESS WE WERE BOTH POSTING.

THERE WAS A GREAT LINK ON HERE AND I WATCHED A GREAT VIDEO ON HOW TO USE IT.

DID RENNI PUT IT UP OR JIN.

HECK I CAN'T REMEMBER. :blink:

rinne Apprentice

:) I hope you get to enjoy those someday Rachel. Sorry about your yucky doctor appointment though the reality is it is almost a guaranteed bad experience.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

FOUND IT RACHEL........HOPE YOUR STILL ON LINE.

I SURE COULDN'T FIND SEARCHING ON THIS BLASTED SITE SO WENT TO GOOGLE.

THE VIDEO IS SO GOOD RACHEL.

GOOD LUCK

YouTube - neti pot

About 6 months ago my Dr recommended that I get a neti pot ...

Hide video - 2 min 5 sec -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

HUGS.......DRIPPY NOSE............. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast

Thanks for the updates Carla and rinne.

Julie....does purple promote healing too?? I hope so because I honestly think that pink might mess me up....cause a setback or something....me and pink dont go too well together. :P

:lol::lol:

All colors have their purpose of course, my accupuncturist just had me working with pink a lot the last few years. But now that I think of it I suppose it's an individual thing and what is specific to each person.

I found this on purple:

Characteristics of Purple

Purple is used in excessive menstruation (opposite in effect to scarlet) If the bleeding is excessive, use indigo instead because it will reduce the bleeding more effectively.

Purple has an analgesic, anti-pyretic, narcotic and hypnotic effect.

Purple is indicated in malaria.

Purple is the color of anger, divinity and royalty.

Purple is a venous stimulant.

Purple gives authority, prestige, and distance; reduces heart pain, stiffness and cysts.

Diseases treated with Purple

Purple is considered by many to be a high vibrational color. It is this high vibration which gives it its ability for purification. It is effective to use when strong detoxifying of the body is needed, as in the case of cancerous or pre-cancerous conditions. Purple is purifying to the body. It can be used to stimulate venous activity in the body. It can also be used for headaches.

The red-purple range is beneficial to balancing the polarities of the body. The blue- purple range is effective in helping to shrink (such as tumors) and to cool, easing inflammations.

Caution/Precaution

Because of its high vibration, purple should be used sparingly. Too much purple can create or aggravate depression. It can stagnate or suppress emotions - especially anger.

And this is on pink:

Pink

Pink is soothing. It can be used for treating skin conditions and inflammations and the immune system.

Pink is a soothing color on all levels, physical mental and emotional levels. It can be used to soothe conditions of anger and feelings of neglect. Pink can be used to awaken compassion, love, and purity. It can be used in meditation to discern greater truths. It is comforting to the emotional energies of the individual.

Physically, pink is most effective in the treatment of skin problems and conditions, especially when combined with aqua. It also stimulates the thymus gland and ease stresses upon the immune system of the body.

No mystery why I was working with pink :lol:

I find color therapy quite interesting, here is an excellent link if you want to check out other colors:

AndreaB Contributor
I think the cure for our Lyme is to have dinner brought in every night. :P

:lol:

I am so much better and that is greatly due to this thread and through it the oxalate thread. I knew that once the festival was over that I would take a break from the rinne bars and I have no doubt that just that would have made some difference but cutting out all the oxalates has make a big difference in just a few days.

Andrea, I am sorry money is such a struggle. I hope Mitch can get enough hours. :)

This illness has been a real wake-up call for me financially. I realized that I was very fortunate to have a husband to take care of me and then when I thought about it I had to wonder who would take care of him if he was to fall ill? I know that is not so easy for you with the children and home schooling them but I wonder if there is a way you could take advantage of the internet with sales? I know you have sold things on EBay. :wub:

I'm glad you've been doing better incorporating things you've learned.

We've looked into ebay and online sales before but had no idea what to sell. It's not so easy to break into. What I usually sell is just things we've accumulated and are getting rid of. Nothing of any value left.

You'll be going. It will probably be within the next 6 month - 1 year....maybe even sooner since you've done the LED's. When do you need to use up your vacation?

No mystery why I was working with pink :lol:

No mystery at all. Thanks for the link....I've got it bookmarked to look at later. I know with the ASYRA remedy drops that color, flower, tree therapies are included in the drops.

rinne Apprentice

Thanks for the link Julie. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Patti,

I thought those posts must have been from the oxalate thread! :lol: I was worried I was slipping! Paranoia is never good. :unsure: I thought I completely missed something. It is good to know I am not completely nuts!

Chocolate having oxalates is not good! I eat it nearly every single day. My grandfather is like that, too. I hope oxalates are not an issue for me. If I have aspergillus, then oxalates will have to be avoided.

Lay's Stax are so good! I cannot eat too many, because of the fat. Too much fat makes me very sick. I apparently do not react to MSG like other people, because I do fine with the flavored ones as well. I do not usually eat them very often, though. That might make a difference.

Good luck with the house hunting! Surely there is a perfect place for you out there! You just have to find it! Let us know how things go. We will all be anxious to hear!

Dear Susie,

I am so glad the NMH information helped you! I believe that site is where I got my best information. Thank you for the link. The site really explains the trouble well. I have the symptoms you described as well. :( Just walking up the stairs can make my heart pound and make me feel as if I am going to faint. It is so scary!

No wonder you are exhausted! Cycling like that all of the time would wear you out! According to what I understand, NMH is a miscommunication between the heart and brain with blood flow. My doctor told me to just add a bit of salt. It helps. The last physician and my new doctor both told me the strange feeling I had been getting could be caused by low blood pressure.

The doctor who told you it can help you live to be 100 is not wrong. In Japan, their blood pressure is often around 90/70 and they live longer than anyone on the planet! There are more people over 100 there than anywhere else in the world. One man I read about just turned 112! I believe that normally people with NMH have something else going on. Perhaps people with blood pressure that is low have a proper blood flow situation, and people with NMH do not.

I get sick from cutting out carbohydrates. That other form of diabetes is something I have not heard much about. I am hypoglycemic. That makes things problematic. Depression can definitely result from low carbohydrate diets. An article about Atkins was talking about that.

Dear Rinne,

Parkinson's is one of those diseases doctors seem to use whenever a person has shaking. They just cannot interpret it as anything else. So many diseases have the same symptoms. My grandmother has a palsy. Her hands shake something awful. :(

There are some vast differences, but doctors tend to ignore the diagnostic criteria. I do not see how that helps any of their patients. Honestly, that pretty much destroys any possibility of getting to the cause of an illness. Cures are then impossible.

I see no point to this whatsoever. The approach is completely blind.

You cannot receive proper treatment without a correct diagnosis. Why do doctors ignore this? I would assume because it is easy. :angry: That still does not change the fact they place people on drugs with terrible side-effects unnecessarily. They put my grandmother on those new pills for Alzheimer's.

One of the side-effects is fecal incontinence. So, you might uncontrollably crap yourself, but you will remember it! :rolleyes: Does anyone see what is wrong with this picture? How does that fix anything? Truthfully, most people who have that occur would likely not want to remember that experience!

As far as your grandmother's situation goes, I agree the hair spray and dye may have contributed greatly. Many hair products, particularly salon grade items, have heavy metals in them. My grandmother used to be a beautician. Breathing all of those chemicals in cannot be good for people. Grandmom also dyed her hair blonde for many years. Some of the dye she used could have contained lead or other metals. No matter what anyone says, I believe that stuff could soak into your head through the roots of your hair and scalp membranes.

It is good to hear you are doing well on the oxalate diet. I do not know if I will try it or not. It might be worthwhile. There is no telling what is messing my system up. Many options exist. Lectins are another possibility.

Dear Julie,

From what I understand, lemon is alkalinizing. That was surprising. I expected citrus to be acidic. How weird is that? :huh: I could see why you were confused.

Say hello to Susie Q for me! I miss her! :wub: She spends more time on the Silly Thread I have heard. I have read some of it, but have not had the opportunity to post anything yet. Keeping up with this thread is difficult enough! :lol:

I agree intuition should never be ignored. Our bodies sense what is wrong. Every time I ignored my feelings against my better judgment and listened to my family or a doctor about my body, I ended up sorry. :( No matter what others tell you, go with your gut! A good example is that I could have had my gallbladder rupture inside of me had I listened to the doctor saying there was no way that could be it because the tests showed nothing.

Thank you for the color therapy link! In Wicca, we use colors a lot, too. Certain colored candles are used for certain spells.

For instance, if you want to attract money, use a green candle. To attract health, green and rose-colored candles are used for the spell. I like pink, but love blue as well.

Dear Rachel,

Go for the neti pot! Purple is a nice color, too! Purple is the color of creativity and spirituality. As funny as it sounds, if you ever have writer's block, use a pen with purple ink to help. I told some people in my writing class about it last year, and they could not believe it really worked! :lol:

Aspergillus probably effects people differently by their system. The information you found was really interesting. I hope I do not have an aspergillus situation going on, but I could. You know that stabbing pain in your forehead between your eyes?

I get that, too! The head feeling like it is swelling is another issue I have.

Dear Judy,

The scatological terror sure was awful yesterday! I hope today is better. Still, I am glad you got some gardening in despite it. :) Do not worry about the post. You had to share with people who understood.

It was definitely not me who posted the neti pot link. I think it was probably Rinne or possibly Julie. They are experienced with them. Neti pots seem like a nice way to get relief from sinuses. I would be glad to cut down on the pills I take.

That would suck if you are allergic to dirt! I am allergic to chiggers. Pollens and various outdoor items make my skin breakout in a rash, as well as cause sneezing and other symptoms. Dirt is not a common allergen, but we are not common people! Our health really is a guessing game, isn't it?

Dear Kassandra,

Your new eating method sounds quite healthy. I am going to try and get off of sugar completely except for fruit. So far, I have chocolate every single day. I am not devouring too much junk, though. Most of what I eat is fruit and vegetables with some meat.

I can see why you worry about your weight. Birth control is notorious for causing weight gain. The lower abdominal bloating particularly is common. My mother never tolerated any pills they tried her on. All of the ones I was on seemed to actually make the cyst situation worse.

Hypoglycemia is hard to deal with. My blood sugar was 67 (normal is 80) an hour or so after eating! :blink: Dad's gets dangerously low, so I must get that from him. If I eat every four hours, I normally am okay. Like you, I am hungry not long after eating much of the time. The only thing that keeps me full for a while is peanut butter. The fat and natural molds are not good for me, though.

Depression is tough to deal with. Doctors always try to blame physical misery on your mental state. It is impossible to feel horrible physically all the time and not become depressed! Pills are the only solution doctors have. They treat symptoms, they do not identify the cause and then treat the illness. Finding the root is essential to healing.

I am glad you are getting as much sleep as possible. That will help in school. It is easy to be overwhelmed when you are exhausted. I was like you in high school, where I could hardly wait to get home so I could sleep. I often would make it on 3 hours of sleep a day, and have no idea how I did it. Now I am lucky to not fall over dead with fewer than 6 hours, and most of the time I need at least 8.

Dear Andrea,

Funds being low is so stressful. If I had money, my health and depression would improve. Having no money deprives you of everything. You cannot have food, medical care, or anything else without it. I am a wreck because I need to come up with thousands of dollars to the school and Citibank as well as a Stafford Loan soon. I am totally panicked.

Medical assistance from the state is not worth anything. They will not pay for most things. The state pays for as little as possible. This includes dental. I met a girl on welfare, and the dental assistand and I discussed that briefly.

You know what I really am tired of? Hearing people say that money cannot buy happiness. It is obvious these people have always had money. They seem to think money just drops in your lap out of the sky. :blink: They have no idea what it is like to worry about affording just basic things, like food or a necessary doctor's visit. Another annoying thing is people who have money, but whine that they are poor. I have relatives like that.

Dear Carla,

Bart seems to be a nasty illness. Those stupid buggers! I declare war! They will die. Our little soldiers will go in there and destroy them.

I am glad you are a bit better. It certainly takes time. The bugs have been festering for a while. At least Adam will be back after this week. That will help. In the meantime, it is nice that friends are bringing food. How thoughtful!

The alkalinizing is interesting. Citrus was not on the top of my list of expected alkaline foods. They always tell you to avoid it for acid reflux. Apparently, that is not correct. I know alkalinizing the body is good to help with killing Candida. Candida survives best in an acidic environment.

Dear Donna,

How nice to hear the cloud had some sun peering through! A little sun is better than none at all! Everyday maybe things will improve a bit. How scary about the ALA causing frightening dark thoughts. Be careful with that stuff!

I cannot wait to view your Shutterfly album! All of those pics sound nice. They will be fun to look at. I always love looking at my best friend's scrapbooks after she has returned from a vacation. I am amazed at the miniatures they have for the scrapbooking now. You know they have little 3-D sandals made from paper? They are so cute!

Oh no, how did all that bacteria get there? What exactly are they going to do to kill it? Use the oil of oregano? It is a powerful antimicrobial. Doctor's Data is what my doctor wanted me to do a test with. They seem like a good lab.

I need to view the oxalate thread as well. If it gets to large, I will have trouble keeping up. I hope I am not too far behind on it. We will see! Maybe I will get to poke around on there this morning. I have a lot of e-mail to respond to first.

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie

Rachel-

Nice appt. I told my mom about the canada thing- That is so classic!!!!!!!!!!! I am really sorry you had to experience it but my god so classic!!!

Donna-

your bacteria is my parasites- no matter what i do they will not go away!!!

Ok so my appt with the muscle testing was really interesting. I will get the full write up of her findings later this week and i will post them. But My main organ under stress was my pancreas and than my liver. The pancreas thing makes alot of sense to me because in eastern mediciene the pancreas and the spleen are the same thing and based on my research i have always felt like that is the key to my problems.

She found candida and parasites. My main issues where food and chemicals these seemed to greatly out weight the metals as stressors on my body.

She tested all my supplements and then she found 4 supplements she wants me to take. One for the pancreas, one for the yeast, one is a detoxifier and one is a probiotic enzyme.

I actually tested really well for alpha lipioc acid, but i think i am gonna hold off on it for now.

SO - The 4 I am gonna start taking are all by this company Standard Process- they are Pancreatrophin, Lact-Enz, Zymex and SP Cleanse.

I am going to keep taking three lac, CQ10, Pleo fort, and my digestive enzyme.

There were some others i tested ok for but i don't want to over burden my body and i want to see how I react to the new ones .

I reacted to almost all grains except white rice and corn- which i could have told you without the testing. SO its cool that the results really seemed to ring true. I reacted to dairy (I knew this) . Soy was not great but not as bad as others. SO she thought it was safe to have a little which is what i do now. The cool thing is i did not react to eggs so for the first time in years I am going to try them it would be so cool if i could eat eggs!!!!

Ok thats a brief update there is more but again i will post when i have the full write up.

I asked my doc to call her becasue i want the to share information. I don't want to be doing 2 seperate things i want everything to be part of one plan and to make sure one treatment does not contradict with another. So he called her and she wasen't at her offic ebut they made a phone appt. for tuesday. I see her on thursday so this is good. She wants me to come in 1 time a week for now jus tfor 15 minutes to see how things are going.

Its weird but i feel very excited is the wrong word but anxious to see how this all goes. My fingers and toes are definitly crossed.

Miamia

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Mia,

Your poor pancreas! :( I am sorry to hear how much stress your body is under. Hopefully, there will be a solution to this that is not so complicated. I hate to hear how difficult it is to balance all of this. The body is such an odd thing at times.

Those stupid parasites are still there? :blink: Gus must have had cousins or children or something. Candida is not a surprise. In fact, I think it is considered a parasite. I hate having to deal with it, but do not have much of a choice.

I am glad to hear the metals are not the main stressor on your system. However, it is not good foods and chemicals are your primary problems either. Chemicals bother me a lot. Perfume, cologne, scented candles, and all kinds of other things bother me. Even worse, Dad smokes, and I am stuck inhaling it no matter where in the house I go!

Be sure to post your results from the muscle testing. We are all wondering about that. What they found could be very interesting. Maybe we could help you with some of it. I think it is terrific your doctor is going to have you come weekly for follow-up. Keep us updated! :)

Sincerely,

Jin

Flor Apprentice

Dear Miamia,

I notice you listed co-enzyme Q10 in your list of what you're taking. Can you tell me what it was recommended for?

I've been taking it off and on for the last couple of years for a totally wacky reason -- I had never heard of it before and then a doctor told me in a dream (!) that I should take it. This was the same doctor and the same dream in which I was told I had celiac disease (before I knew what it was).

I have weird dreams, but not usually prophetic ones!

So anyway, I was curious about why you take it and would love to hear if others are taking it and why.

I know it's a powerful anti-oxidant, but don't know otherwise how it might be recommended for those with gut problems.

Archived