This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

I wonder what it is about them? A few other things will give me digestive problems, but legumes are different. Different even from gluten.

Can you have almonds? You should try Elana's pantry almond butter brownies. Oh. My. God. You can replace the agave with honey one for one, if you want, too.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mushroom Proficient

I wonder what it is about them? A few other things will give me digestive problems, but legumes are different. Different even from gluten.

Well, I have my own theories that not too many others seem to subscribe to :wacko: that it is a lectin problem :blink: . Have been talking to veggienft on another forum, and listening to all his stuff about cytokine storms which sounds like eggzactly what happens when those nasty lectins invade :ph34r: But I have shut the gate and put triple locks on it and reinforced it with metal rods and nasty spikes, so they are not getting in again!

kareng Grand Master

Don't be skeert Khareign. :)

You're not intolerant to them, right?

I don't think so.

Ok this guy just came to the door selling "pest management". First he rang the door bell 3 rings in a row. Then he banged on the door. Once I had manly teenaged back up, I opened it and told him that in this city you have to respect the "no soliciting" sticker on the outside of the window. He looked around & then I looked & it wasn't there anymore! One of these solicitors peeled it off! Now I have to go to City Hall & get a new one. :angry:

Darn210 Enthusiast

I don't think so.

Ok this guy just came to the door selling "pest management". First he rang the door bell 3 rings in a row. Then he banged on the door. Once I had manly teenaged back up, I opened it and told him that in this city you have to respect the "no soliciting" sticker on the outside of the window. He looked around & then I looked & it wasn't there anymore! One of these solicitors peeled it off! Now I have to go to City Hall & get a new one. :angry:

Hey, he wasn't from a company called Venture, was he? 'Cuz he was just here a few days ago.

. . . I want me a "no soliciting" sticker!!! :jealousphace:

jerseyangel Proficient

Can you have almonds? You should try Elana's pantry almond butter brownies. Oh. My. God. You can replace the agave with honey one for one, if you want, too.

Those sound gooooood! How you feeling, Bun?

Well, I have my own theories that not too many others seem to subscribe to :wacko: that it is a lectin problem :blink: . Have been talking to veggienft on another forum, and listening to all his stuff about cytokine storms which sounds like eggzactly what happens when those nasty lectins invade :ph34r:

That sounds very interesting. There was a sports doctor (well, that's what he said he was...lol!) on the board a while back and he would answer questions for us. I asked about legumes and he said that it's not unusual for folks with autoimmune diseases to have problems with them. I wish I could remember his name--his posts are still in the "sports/fitness" forum.

jerseyangel Proficient

I looked & it wasn't there anymore! One of these solicitors peeled it off!

The noive!! <_<

kareng Grand Master

Hey, he wasn't from a company called Venture, was he? 'Cuz he was just here a few days ago.

. . . I want me a "no soliciting" sticker!!! :jealousphace:

It was Enviro something.

I could send you a sticker or maybe you could make one. It has a little lettering under the big "No Soliciting" that says something official like "pursuant to Karen city code # 24568-126"

There was a sports doctor (well, that's what he said he was...lol!)

Yes, well ... I'm a supermodel. You've seen me in Victorias Secret. Yeah.. That's it!

(OK - truth is I have been in Victorias Secret to get my niece a Xmas gift).

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Those sound gooooood! How you feeling, Bun?

Much better, thanks! On lots of drugs. Well, imodium. Thankfully, noone at the job seems too annoyed.

jerseyangel Proficient

Much better, thanks! On lots of drugs. Well, imodium. Thankfully, noone at the job seems too annoyed.

Good deal! :D

elye Community Regular

OK.. youse guys are scaring me. Was going to have a veggie mix with black beans in it. Now I look at the picture and see evil faces on the beans. Wait, is that slices of onions or little white machine guns?

:lol: You is phunneee, Kherrighnne... . . . ..... ...psychopathic beans....... . ..

Something else I was going to say but can't see the posts & didn't not do speedy reply.

Well.. . . ........likely a prudent move, as there could have been li'l black beans hidden, scattered within the text of those posts lurking behind you. . . ... . . . .... :huh::lol:

I must be tired.. .. . ...these things are really crackin' me up.... ... . .

I'm sorry, but that just does NOT sound appealling. Black beans do NOT belong in desserts.

Truly, black beans are excellent in brownies. I make the recipe from time to time and everybody raves. Actually, there is very little gained by putting them into such things - - they are high in calories, and except for the protein and some fibre, there ain't a whole lot nutritionally to say about them.. . ...... ..it's just a neat novelty to see the faces of those who have polished off three brownies upon hearing that these treats are full of pureed black beans.. .. ...... . .

...and listening to all his stuff about cytokine storms which sounds like eggzactly what happens when those nasty lectins invade :ph34r: But I have shut the gate and put triple locks on it and reinforced it with metal rods and nasty spikes, so they are not getting in again!

Perhaps all you need is a smearing of peanut butter and Cheese Whiz. It finally worked on Gerald.... . . ...!

Ok this guy just came to the door selling "pest management". First he rang the door bell 3 rings in a row. Then he banged on the door. Once I had manly teenaged back up, I opened it

Man, you needed to buy his "pest management" system, and set it up for the next time he comes a' ringing and a' banging.. . .. .. . ....much irony, here, in the product this bloke is flogging like he does.... :lol:

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Well.... . . . we heard the "SNAP" just after midnight. "Ahhhhh..... . . I GOT him...... . I just KNOW it!!!".......DH whispered as we lay there.

This morning I opened the cupboard door, and honest to gawd, I saw THE most horrifically obese mouse one could ever imagine... . . . he looked like a big, furry tennis ball with a long tail. Good thing the trap got him across the back of the head, as his body had gotten so huge it would not have fit in the trap.

:blink:

:lol:

RIP, Gerald. Due to your enormity, I now know that it was you alone, the solitary renegade, carefully and cleverly avoiding the lethal trap for so long, and reaping all those spoils.. . . . . . ....

I guess there's a lesson there, somewhere. ........ . . . .... . . .poor, fat Gerald. . ....!

Hahahaha!!!

Have you tried the glue trraps? They're strips of uber sticky glue and I put a blob of PB in the middle. Once they touch the paper they stick and cannae get off. Not super humane but super effective! The first one we caught was just by the hind legs and Max was so distraught that we actually had to take it into the park and pry the poor thing off with a knife. I told him we'd come back and check on him later and if he was gone he must have felt better and ran away. Madeleine said, "or something ate it!!!". Stinker!!

God help me....the maple cream filled cookies! My thighs are NOT gonna thank me tomorrow!

kareng Grand Master

Hahahaha!!!

Have you tried the glue trraps? They're strips of uber sticky glue and I put a blob of PB in the middle. Once they touch the paper they stick and cannae get off. Not super humane but super effective! The first one we caught was just by the hind legs and Max was so distraught that we actually had to take it into the park and pry the poor thing off with a knife. I told him we'd come back and check on him later and if he was gone he must have felt better and ran away. Madeleine said, "or something ate it!!!". Stinker!!

God help me....the maple cream filled cookies! My thighs are NOT gonna thank me tomorrow!

Sounds like you are having fun. Did you make your husband shoe shop and go to High Tea? That should earn him some gluten-free brownie points!

psawyer Proficient

Cat challenge on hold until the morning. Ran late at work, traffic was hell. Got home in time to make pizza supper and watch FlashForward and CSI. We're not in the store until early afternoon on Fridays so we will try things out in the morning.

Mtndog Collaborator

Am woefully behind but been reading along. Saw this

Methinks you actually caught Geraldine . . . a pregnant Geraldine . . . lucky you did before you had lots of little Geralds and Geraldines running about.

Burst out laughing....'tis me MIL's name. No comment.

Jestgar Rising Star

Well, I think I've finally recovered from Wednesday afternoon evening night... It's been a very long week with lots of running around and I will be glad to have a day off. If it stops raining maybe I'll finally plant some things in my garden.

Skipping the workout today -although I'll probably still get in six miles of walking- but may be having drinks tonight with a friend. She had a boss she hated, turned in her resignation, talked to HR who told her "wait, stay one more week", and then fired her boss :P . They're restructuring the whole department and want her to stay and be one of the top managers. She may need to celebrate.

elye Community Regular

'Morning, Peeps!

Gah! I do hope they were shaped like veritable maple leaves. . .. . ...!

Jestgar Rising Star

Gah! I do hope they were shaped like veritable maple leaves. . .. . ...!

her thighs?? :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

She had a boss she hated, turned in her resignation, talked to HR who told her "wait, stay one more week", and then fired her boss :P . They're restructuring the whole department and want her to stay and be one of the top managers. She may need to celebrate.

Ain't it nice when the good guys win :D

kareng Grand Master

I keep getting stopped by the topic under restaurants : "Has anyone tried the gluten-free men..."

Jestgar Rising Star

I keep getting stopped by the topic under restaurants : "Has anyone tried the gluten-free men..."

Hey!!! I want one!!

elye Community Regular

her thighs?? :blink:

OMG. .. . . thighs shaped like maple leaves... . . .. . . .now THAT would be a true Canadian.......!

Hmm.... . ..... . ..they are probably boring, hard to work with, expensive and high-maintenance. I just want the regular men - - much more exciting, bad for my health, easy to be with, can pick 'em up in any fast food joint. . .... . ...

But he'd eventually kill me. . . .. .. :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Trying to avoid cleaning out the fridge & organizing the cabinets so that all the stuff I bought at Costco & Target will fit. Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend? Hub & M are going on a Fishing campout for Scouts.

mushroom Proficient

but may be having drinks tonight with a friend. She had a boss she hated, turned in her resignation, talked to HR who told her "wait, stay one more week", and then fired her boss :P . They're restructuring the whole department and want her to stay and be one of the top managers. She may need to celebrate.

Best excuse reason I've heard of to go on the booze :lol: Yay for your friend!

conniebky Collaborator

EXCUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE !!!! I'm tryin' to get my drink on and they keep comin on the tv talking about tornadoes :ph34r:

EXCUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEE !!!! I'm tryin' to get my drink on and they keep comin on the tv talking about tornadoes :ph34r:

How wude!

Archived