This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Don't need to go to Jess's house yet,

Me neither, just gonna sit it out, y'all want to come to my door soon ;)

Just realized, I'm turning into one of those crazy, old, lonely people who reply to their own posts. :unsure:

:lol:

At least someone is here for you, even if it's only you.

You can rely on yourself to always give the answer you want IMO ;)

UGH! Al's school sports day at school (goes ON for hours :rolleyes: )

At least it's good wevah for sitting on the playing field!

T'is also his school's fête (do you have those?)....must STOP Al buying all manner of tatt :rolleyes:

Roll on Friday!! (school breaks UP for 6 weeks!!.... :unsure: ...mixed feelings)....i can feel a 'lie-in/slob about in your pj's 'til at least midday' coming on! B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
curlyfries Contributor

T'is also his school's f

kareng Grand Master

UGH! Al's school sports day at school (goes ON for hours :rolleyes: )

At least it's good wevah for sitting on the playing field!

T'is also his school's f

celiac-mommy Collaborator

Only stinging nettles in New Zealand :) And haven't found anything bad to get into in Nevada yet :P and I sure don't try.

Arg! I hate stinging nettles! Used to get mixed up in them all the time as a kid. We'd follow the creek in our backyard as far as we could go, trapsing (sp?) all over the woods, I'd come home with white nettle bumps all over my arms and legs. Itches so bad!!

At least someone is here for you, even if it's only you.

:lol::lol::lol:

I talk to myself all the time ;)

T'is also his school's f

Ghost story update:

So we've had a bunch of little happenings in our house over the last year, Madeleine hearing her name being called multiple times a week, a pillow flipped over away from Max when he tried to pick it up (Which freaked the HELL out of him!), odd things in pictures-like my blog photo, looks like theres a sheer fabric in front of my face.... small unexplainable things.

Anyway, my brother, who's living in our basement (where Maddie hears her name being called and I see flashes of something walking up and down the stairs out of the corner of my eye-frequently) asks me last night if I've ever experienced anything odd. I think I surprised him when I said yes. He said on Monday morning, everyone was gone for the day and he jumped in the shower. When he got out of the shower, in the fog on the mirror, he saw, in perfect script, and recently written "Hello xoxo" at a diagonal at the top of the mirror! It wasn't there the night before when his girlfriend showered and it wasn't there that night when she showered again. He never wiped it off and he said the writing was way too thin to have been a fingertip and way too perfect to be done by hand. He said he didn't feel uncomfortable or anything, it was just odd...

What do you think?!?!

mushroom Proficient

I think you probably do have a ghost in your house :blink: Count me in the realm of believers, having lived in a 'ghostly' house myself. (twice, in fact - two of them) and no, it wasn't just me either what noticed it.

How old is your house and do you know any of its history? What has happened in the house previously usually seems to account for the ghostly apparitions and strange happenings. I never actually saw anything but you sure could feel it, and the things that moved during the night of their own volition, and the gunshots that rang out :unsure: and the way the kittehs would run to the same (front) door each night about the same time of night when there was nothing there :o (that I could discern). And that was just my last house....

elye Community Regular

:blink:

:o

:unsure: .... . ...:unsure:... .. . . . . .... .. ... ..:unsure:

Wow, Rah-shcellle. . ....... . . .. . ...... . . ......((((((((heebie-heebie-jeebies))))))). . . . . .... .. . ..

These kinds of stories completely fascinate me. I am a pragmatist, but I somehow firmly believe that we do not simply "stop" when death happens. I have seen and heard spirits throughout my life, and of my dad, I think, most recently. So, I'm completely ready to believe that there is a spirit in your house. I know you've mentioned these ghostly things before.. . ..have you told us whether or not you know the history of your house?

SO fascinating! And not really psilly, I suppose. . . . ...... . perhaps this is a Psilly Pspirit you have hanging around. Test it out... . . . . .leave out a note stating that you wish to see evidence of thumb size.... ...... . ..

:rolleyes:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

This is also my 2nd haunted house. The other one is from when I was a kid. It's a crazy story, I'll tell ya's later when I have more time-I'm a slow typer :rolleyes:

The house was built in 1914, I don't have any history on it farther back than the 70's. The 3rd story was added on sometime in the 80's, so the basement and part of the main floor are original to the house. The photo and the pillow incident both happened on the 3rd floor though. I'm not sure how to go about getting the history on the house...

.leave out a note stating that you wish to see evidence of thumb size.... ...... . ..

:lol::lol:

Well, apparently "it's" hot for my brother. It's never made contact like that before... :blink:

jerseyangel Proficient

Woah Rah-shell! :o Sounds like yer house may well be haunted. I know that I have seen my grandparents who appeared to me years after they were gone.

I wouldn't be scared either--from what you've said before and now this, it sounds like whomever is lurking means your family no harm.

I wonder if the thumb rule applies for ghosts.... :unsure:

elye Community Regular

I wonder if the thumb rule applies for ghosts.... :unsure:

I know.. . . .. .... ....do they even HAVE thumbs? Or penises? Do they still need such things wherever they are? :huh:

jerseyangel Proficient

Thanks fer all the poison ivy info yesterday--my hands look fine today, so I think I got away wif it. :)

Need to get a pair of gardening gloves--didn't think to bring mine up wif me....

kareng Grand Master

Great Rey-schelle. Love the friendly ghosts!

When J (now 17) was very little, after a nap or in the morning, he would tell me he saw a "grandpa". Called all older people "Grandmas" or "Grandpas". He seemed to realize there wasn't an actual man in his room. I asked him if that was scary. He said, "No. He smiles at me." Even to this day he sort of remembers and says the grandpa wasn't scary but a nice happy safe feeling. We are the only ones who have lived in our house and before that it was cow pasture & before that probally just tall grass prairie with a swale (drainage only creek / dry creek). My grandmother was alive and kept saying that her husband would adore the boys if he was alive. So maybe?

kareng Grand Master

I talk to myself all the time ;)

I have a dog, so I can pretend I'm actually talking to him or the ghosts. :P

Jestgar Rising Star

WIH is everyone?

OK, so I sort of accidentally signed up on an on-line dating thing. I guy contacted me and it turns out he's a writer (published 'n everything). Anyway, I asked him to send me a piece of fiction he'd written and in return I'd send him a poem. Well, he critiqued it, 'cause that's what he does, and it is the weirdest thing ever to have someone analyse my poetry. Even I don't analyse my poetry.

I sent him 'how doth the little cat' last night and he returned this whole long commentary about meter and rhyme and use of concrete and abstract and all kinds of stuff I never considered 'cause I just write to express emotion.

It's all very curious.

Jestgar Rising Star

oh yeah, and I totally believe in ghosts. When I went to Auschwitz I somehow ended up touring the camp all by myself. It has been left as it was found, the buildings intact, some of them with the collected concrete memories of the inhabitants - shoes, luggage, etc.

Anyway, walking through the buildings and the along the paths, the whole place swirls with emotion: sadness, fear, confusion, despair, it's just everywhere. In one building the upstairs was open and as I went to go up, I put my hand on the railing. The intensity of emotion that came through the touch made me gasp and let go and step back.

I am a scientist. I am cold, analytical. I require proof. I was not walking along in a haze of romantic supernatural thoughts. I was not looking for that.

I believe in ghosts.

kareng Grand Master

WIH is everyone?

OK, so I sort of accidentally signed up on an on-line dating thing. I guy contacted me and it turns out he's a writer (published 'n everything). Anyway, I asked him to send me a piece of fiction he'd written and in return I'd send him a poem. Well, he critiqued it, 'cause that's what he does, and it is the weirdest thing ever to have someone analyse my poetry. Even I don't analyse my poetry.

I sent him 'how doth the little cat' last night and he returned this whole long commentary about meter and rhyme and use of concrete and abstract and all kinds of stuff I never considered 'cause I just write to express emotion.

It's all very curious.

So......????? Are you going to meet?

curlyfries Contributor

WIH is everyone?

OK, so I sort of accidentally signed up on an on-line dating thing.

:huh:

How do you accidentally sign up on an on-line dating thing? Hmmmmm? :unsure:

Soooooo.......when are ya gonna ask to see his thumbs? ;)

And I'm a believer, too. Don't have any interesting stories of my own, though. My life is boring. :(

Dentist appointment today

Gynecologist was Tuesday

Chiropractor was Monday and Wednesday

Orthopedic doc tomorrow

.......and back to work next week Friday....a district-wide meeting, and kids back in school on August 2.

Jestgar Rising Star

How do you accidentally sign up on an on-line dating thing? Hmmmmm? :unsure:

<snort>

My little technician has severe body-image issues and I was looking for stuff on line showing photo-shopping of models to show her that what exists in magazines isn't real. Anyway, one of the articles had a link to a body image quiz. After I took it, I discovered that it was this on-line dating thing. I figured 'what the hell' and finished signing up. Mind you, one of my profile pics is me in the mask preparing to demolish my kitchen,

so it's not like I'm really looking.

My 'about me' section is a list of things with the the comment "One of these things is not true".

elye Community Regular

So......????? Are you going to meet?

WAIT! WAIT! Gaaaaaaahhhhhh.. . . ..Jyesss, before you arrange to meet this writer/editor/critic, Leeeeesargh is correct -- some things MUST be known ahead of time. You need to send him another poem.

Oh Mystery Man,

Do we dare to meet?

Are you recklessly messy,

or obsessively neat?

Do you roll your TP to the front or the back?

Do you snore? Do you stink? Dentures covered in plaque?

Are you five hundred pounds? Scoff at exercise?

But most vital of all.... . . . .. . .... .... . ...I need your thumb size.

<snort>

Mind you, one of my profile pics is me in the mask preparing to demolish my kitchen

My 'about me' section is a list of things with the the comment "One of these things is not true".

:unsure:

Um... . .. . . . ..Jyesssss.... . . . .... .. you haven't, um. . . . . .. . . ....been on the dating scene in a while, I'm assuming. . . . . . . . ...

Jestgar Rising Star

Um... . .. . . . ..Jyesssss.... . . . .... .. you haven't, um. . . . . .. . . ....been on the dating scene in a while, I'm assuming. . . . . . . . ...

:lol: :lol: :lol: Is there a better way to do it?

Awesome poem btw :P

Jestgar Rising Star
Open Original Shared Link
kareng Grand Master

Seems a bit odd, in a good way. (didn't read the whole thing as my attention span is short). Appears to be employed. Great first name! The kind of name I would give a kid. :P

kareng Grand Master

Just got a call from my college age niece which is odd and my first thought was something happened to her car & she couldn't get a hold of anyone else. Her good friend of many years, whom I have met a few times and found to be a delightful girl, just got dxed with celiac disease!. Talked with friend briefly and will send her an email. Sounds like it was : "You've got it. Good luck with that".

Hi, Hon, if you're reading this! Told her to come on here, so I may have to watch myself! :P

kareng Grand Master

This makes you glad to be gluten free:

Archived