This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

kareng Grand Master

Queen Emily, you are wise ruler.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
psawyer Proficient

No new weight shall be garnered by the citizens of Psillyville from the consumption of any and all alcoholic libation.

I'll drink to that! :DMartini3.webp

Darn210 Enthusiast

I believe that this is my first Official Edict:

No new weight shall be garnered by the citizens of Psillyville from the consumption of any and all alcoholic libation.

:rolleyes:

Um . . . :unsure: . . . would that there proclamation be retroactive?? . . . <hopeful phace/keeping fingers crossed>

kareng Grand Master

I'm enjoying a calorie free Bard's right now! All hail the Queen!

kareng Grand Master

Um . . . :unsure: . . . would that there proclamation be retroactive?? . . . <hopeful phace/keeping fingers crossed>

To 1979?

mushroom Proficient

To 1979?

Heck, I'd even taken 1989! Bottoms up!

elye Community Regular

What superb timing! I put forth an unparalleled, highly popular Royal Edict last evening, and this morning I find THIS in my email:

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

What superb timing! I put forth an unparalleled, highly popular Royal Edict last evening, and this morning I find THIS in my email:

Wow :o That was quite sumphin!

Much like the Royal Edict B)

Darn210 Enthusiast

Wow!!! I shall have to try that sometime . . . great partay trick!!! . . . :unsure: . . . wait . . . :huh: . . . I don't have to be able to speak French during it, do I?? Is that an essential step?? . . . Is that some kind of special shoe?? Do I have to have that exact shoe?? . . . Cuz if I have to have that exact shoe, then I think it's just easier to carry around a cork screw . . . less bulky in the pocket.

nikki-uk Enthusiast

.. . Cuz if I have to have that exact shoe, then I think it's just easier to carry around a cork screw . . . less bulky in the pocket.

Also more fashionable :lol:

kareng Grand Master

Fab! We have been on a trip and forgot to bring a wine opener. Wish we had seen this very educational video. Why don't they teach these practical and important lessons in school?

elye Community Regular

Fab! We have been on a trip and forgot to bring a wine opener. Wish we had seen this very educational video.

Yup... . .and you've always got at least one shoe with you... . ..

But wait... . ..... .:unsure:... . . .it could be true - - perhaps you have to be a Frenchman with hideous shoes to pull this off.. . .. .

kareng Grand Master

Yup... . .and you've always got at least one shoe with you... . ..

But wait... . ..... .:unsure:... . . .it could be true - - perhaps you have to be a Frenchman with hideous shoes to pull this off.. . .. .

Hmmm... We'll... I guess you could sit in the lobby of the hotel and ask every guy with ugly shoes if he is French.f

elye Community Regular

Hmmm... We'll... I guess you could sit in the lobby of the hotel and ask every guy with ugly shoes if he is French.f

And every man with a French accent who saunters by? Discreetly check out his footwear.... . ..

I work at the French Embassy, so I'm home-free if I ever suddenly need to get a big wine bottle open during my break. . .. . . ...

kareng Grand Master

And every man with a French accent who saunters by? Discreetly check out his footwear.... . ..

I work at the French Embassy, so I'm home-free if I ever suddenly need to get a big wine bottle open during my break. . .. . . ...

I did not know this. Do all Frenchmen wear shoes capable of opening wine?

elye Community Regular

I did not know this. Do all Frenchmen wear shoes capable of opening wine?

Knowing the culture, I'd say it's bloody likely.. . . .... .

:lol:

Jestgar Rising Star

Knowing the culture, I'd say it's bloody likely.. . . .... .

At least they would be good for something.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

At least they would be good for something.

Oh, I'm sure they're good for sumfin......but they smell too much like cigs :D

I've been popping in and out the past few days, reading along and doing my duties ;) Just not chatty. I've been stuck in Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm almost done with The Girl Who Played with Fire. Has anyone else read these? Was anyone else as ticked off at the end of the Dragon book?!?!

I've also changed the name of our house to the "Harvey Hostel" My brother and his girlfriend moved in...temporarily...on Sunday and DH's cousin and his girlfriend are moving in tonight...temporarily...I'm in denial. I didn't need to double the amount of people in my home in a week and we have no idea how long it will take for these young'ns to find apartments :blink: We are down 2 bathrooms too. And no one is paying rent or helping with groceries. Or helping with meals. I actually don't mind my brother being there. We've been thru a lot together and it's nice to spend some calming time together.

Anyone else need a room? Can't promise a view, or a room wifout big-arse spiders, but yer more than welcome, and I do bake ;):D

jerseyangel Proficient

Gee Rash-shell....I'm kinda in between residences right now myself. Maybe I'll come and join the crowd :lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

....and his thumbs, fer the heck of it....

Just sayin' :P

Lisa Mentor

Patti said..... "just sayin". :D:D:D

mushroom Proficient

I've been popping in and out the past few days, reading along and doing my duties ;) Just not chatty. I've been stuck in Stieg Larsson's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I'm almost done with The Girl Who Played with Fire. Has anyone else read these? Was anyone else as ticked off at the end of the Dragon book?!?!

I've also changed the name of our house to the "Harvey Hostel" My brother and his girlfriend moved in...temporarily...on Sunday and DH's cousin and his girlfriend are moving in tonight...temporarily...I'm in denial. I didn't need to double the amount of people in my home in a week and we have no idea how long it will take for these young'ns to find apartments :blink: We are down 2 bathrooms too. And no one is paying rent or helping with groceries. Or helping with meals. I actually don't mind my brother being there. We've been thru a lot together and it's nice to spend some calming time together.

Anyone else need a room? Can't promise a view, or a room wifout big-arse spiders, but yer more than welcome, and I do bake ;):D

Me too! Read the Dragon Tattoo while in ICU - gave me summat to do besides flutter :P and no, I didn't mind the ending that much. Am halfway through The Girl Who Played with Fire, but like you, have been doing my duties!! ;) on the QT.

Ye gods, Rayshellle, boarders who don't pay board OR earn their keep :rolleyes: Is this some kind of of charity you're operating, like a halfway house or somefink?

Don't think I'll take up yer offer cuz big-arse spideys and I don't get along too well :blink: It's either them or me what's got to go.

kareng Grand Master

It going to be 100 here tomorrow & humid. I don't mind spiders. Could bring a spider & a bug book & magnifiers & the kids & I could identify your insects, Isopods and arachnids.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Patti said..... "just sayin". :D:D:D

:lol::lol:

I was just gonna say how it cracks me up when Patti says "just sayin"

I've read the Dragon book . . . I also didn't have a problem with the ending. Have not read any of the others but they are on my list. Book club took a field trip to see the movie (had subtitles) . . . my imagination was not quite as graphic as the movie. I've heard they are going to do an American version.

RayShell . . . I'm going to beg off a visit to your house for now seein' how I just got home and all. Also, when I do visit, I am willing to kill or relocate big-arse spiders and thus hope to earn my room and board.

celiac-mommy Collaborator

It going to be 100 here tomorrow & humid. I don't mind spiders. Could bring a spider & a bug book & magnifiers & the kids & I could identify your insects, Isopods and arachnids.

Yes, please come! I've put down glue traps inside one of my basement closets and I checked tonight-apparently there was a pack that was on it's way out of the closet when they were so rudely stopped by my trap. I caught 5 big, hairy beasts :blink:

I've read the Dragon book . . . I also didn't have a problem with the ending. Have not read any of the others but they are on my list. Book club took a field trip to see the movie (had subtitles) . . . my imagination was not quite as graphic as the movie. I've heard they are going to do an American version.

RayShell . . . I'm going to beg off a visit to your house for now seein' how I just got home and all. Also, when I do visit, I am willing to kill or relocate big-arse spiders and thus hope to earn my room and board.

I think I would pay you to come and stay if you'd take care of the spiders for me!

I was really happy with the Dragon book until the very last page....the way the relationship worked itself out wasn't what I was expecting. I'm 3/4 done with the Fire book and it's all the same characters so it continues. It's really, really good!!

Archived