Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clhsc

Anyone In South Carolina

Hi! I am new to this and would like to meet some new people to share ideas about restaurants, health food stores, and good southern cooking!

Negative blood test

Positive dietary response

Endometriosis

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

ADD

Asthma

Migraines

Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hey,

My family just moved to SC this summer (we moved the day my doctor told me i needed to get the blood work done to find out if i had celiacs -- talk about timing!).

Anyways I was officially diagnosed this october and although i'm supposed to be at college right now im home with my family in SC trying to get this under control so I can attempt to have a normal college life. I was wondering if there were any support groups (Especially for teens) near the Charleston area. It would be really helpful to not go through this alone.

I'm here in Columbia with Turtle! :)

Courtney

Courtney - 25

Columbia, SC

Gluten-free since July 8, 2006

Casein-free since October 16, 2006

Went six weeks, and fell back into a deliciously painful world of cheese.

Casein-free (again and for serious this time) December 11, 2006

Stupid cheese addiction....2/07

Dx Hypothyroid in 1993

Dx Gluten & Casein Sensitive through Enterolab 10/06

Dx Adrenal *Exhaustion* 2/07

Originally from WI, I am still in denial over my newfound casein intolerance. I fear I will not be allowed back into the state if I can no longer eat cheese and drink milk. This could pose some trouble over holidays when I wish to visit my family. It also poses a problem involving the severe rage I feel when I have to throw away somebody's unfinished cheese sticks. That is so wrong.

I'm in Myrtle Beach

Hi,

I'm in Greenville, SC. There is an active Celiac Disease support group here. We meet the second Thursday of each month at the Earth Fare Health Food store on I-85 north and Pelham Rd. (exit 54) at 7:00 PM.

Drive up sometime and meet with us! We have all ages in our support group, from 19 to 60.

Linda

lindajeaninsc@yahoo.com

Linda Jean

in Greenville, SC, USA

Hello all in South Carolina i live in Mt. Pleasant.... love it, okay i work at Crave Kitchen and cocktails and we are part owners we do offer gluten free options lots of them. We have a menu that you can ask for; be sure to remind your server also. I am there alot my name is Carmela everyone will know who i am. The food is awesome and we know how hard it is to find restraunts with options. So please come check us out. I get very sick if i am glutened it sucks . The kitchen is very good at accomidating...

"There is always a Brighter side to every situation"

I live in the Charlotte area of N.C. but, my territory is in SC.

There is a good Earthfare in Rock Hill.

Also, Fort Mill has Pei Wei, Outback, and Carraba's-all have gluten-free menu's.

Sarah

"What comes around, goes around"

Hello all in South Carolina i live in Mt. Pleasant.... love it, okay i work at Crave Kitchen and cocktails and we are part owners we do offer gluten free options lots of them. We have a menu that you can ask for; be sure to remind your server also. I am there alot my name is Carmela everyone will know who i am. The food is awesome and we know how hard it is to find restraunts with options. So please come check us out. I get very sick if i am glutened it sucks . The kitchen is very good at accomidating...

Thanks, I'll try to come by on my next Whole Foods junket.

The fluffy assassin? My cat, Amelia. Just fluffy, really.

About '02, lactose intolerance hit. Quit gluten in late '07. Immediately had better energy, less anxiety.

By '09, no lactose intolerance, but I gave up dairy 7/18/09 anyway (and in August soy). Restarted dairy, Nov' '10; stopped for good, December.

9/12/09 Wound up in the emergency room with what turned out to be hypothyroid symptoms. Resolved quickly when I got my iodine levels up. If you're on a whole foods diet, make sure you get enough iodine. Believe me!

PS: Fluoridation sucks.

PPS: You might enjoy my blog, Writing When The Cat Lets Me.

I'm in myrtle beach, and would be interested in meeting more people.

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes"Douglas Adams