Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian Karen

Okay, It's Confirmed, I Have A Sick Sense Of Humour!

If I were one to believe in re-incarnation, I would swear that Nancy Grace is the re-incarnation of this journalist!

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

Join eNewsletter

If I were one to believe in re-incarnation, I would swear that Nancy Grace is the re-incarnation of this journalist!

LMAO!!

Yeah...I must have a sick mind too cuz that was HILARIOUS!! :lol:

OMG...how many times did he say that she was burnt, charred, dried up, burning to death amongst piteous screams! WOAH! We would never read something like that now! :blink:

Totally Nancy Grace in her previous life! :lol:

Rachel

Join eNewsletter

ROFLMAO :lol::lol::lol:

Absolutely!! I can hear that WAY too southern voice enjoying saying every word of the burned to a crisp . . . . !!!!

That was GREAT.

And yes, I did QUICKLY catch on to the Kentucky Fried Chicken reference . . . . . . <_<

Hugs back,

Lynne

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Join eNewsletter

Okay guys...

I'm a little worried about my mental health because I'm now seriously craving Kentucky Fried Chicken for the first time in months. And if I'm being honest, it's the Extra Crispy that I'm craving. :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Join eNewsletter

Would you like that biggie sized. Please drive to the bottom of the stairs and pick up your extra crispy charred corpse...er chicken. It is gluten-free as kerosine kills gluten.

Rusla

Asthma-1969

wheat/ dairy allergies, lactose/casein intolerance-1980

Multiple food, environmental allergies

allergic to all antibiotics except sulpha

Rheumitoid arthritis,Migraine headaches,TMJ- 1975

fibromyalgia-1995

egg allergy-1997

msg allergy,gall bladder surgery-1972

Skin Biopsy positive DH-Dec.1 2005, confirmed celiac disease

gluten-free totally since Nov. 28, 2005

Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism- 2005

Pernicious Anemia 1999 (still anemic on and off.)

Osteoporosis Aug. 2006

Creative people need maids.

Join eNewsletter

Would you like that biggie sized. Please drive to the bottom of the stairs and pick up your extra crispy charred corpse...er chicken. It is gluten-free as kerosine kills gluten.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Join eNewsletter

EEEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!! I am SO ashamed of good old Colonel Sanders! His memory will never be the same again . . . .

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

Join eNewsletter

OMG!!! How did it get from dead burnt body to everyone lamenting the loss of KFC !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Join eNewsletter

Many folks these days (particularly those on the extremes of both sides) complain bitterly about how biased or opinionated the news is today. Some complain articles are too graphic. Although it's not political in nature, this article shows that today's writing is much, much more blalanced than it used to be. In the not too distant past, reporters were expected to add their own opinions and observations and to provide fairly graphic detail that would never be printed today.

richard

Join eNewsletter

Slow news days, probably detail filled up the the local newspaper. Poor woman, but I agree, that was way too much information!

My mom had a cousin that was blown up in an outhouse, back (I'm guessing here) the 1930's-early 1940's should catch it. She had gone out to use the outhouse, and unfortunately not realizing that methane gas and lit cigarettes do not mix, when she tossed it down the hole, up went the outhouse like the 4th of July. What a way to go. No disrepect, but hey...can you imagine reading the newspaper obit? OMG :blink:

Join eNewsletter

The body was fried up nice and crispy with forty seven different herbs and spices. They carefully removed for fear of the joints falling apart. Her husband fearing the worst, was out of his mind at losing his former inmate and wife.

Rusla- You need to start writing and publishing satire NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are a freaking hoot! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karen- We have ALL loved your sick sex, I mean sense, of humor for a long long long time!

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Karen: Speaking of what Bev just said, is Terry out of the doghouse yet? I found the CUTEST little tin of Altoids yesterday :o , but was reluctant to purchase for fear that he's spending all of 2007 there!!!!! :lol:

Hugs,

Lynne :wub:

Lynne

Join eNewsletter

What does this mean "his mind would give way"? Apparently I'm not as good in old-english as I thought. Does this mean, they were afraid, he would go crazy? Well, after he read this article in the newspaper he probably did :blink: !

Stef

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Join eNewsletter

When they told him she burned to death, he then almost lost his mind? How could he expected anything else when he

left her burning ran around in the streets and then taking the time to knock the door down to find her and the whole basement engulfed in flames. I wonder if Nancy would in her cynical tone suspect him of murder.... :o

C'mon lol

Thanks Karen for a good laugh

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

Join eNewsletter

My mom had a cousin that was blown up in an outhouse, back (I'm guessing here) the 1930's-early 1940's should catch it. She had gone out to use the outhouse, and unfortunately not realizing that methane gas and lit cigarettes do not mix, when she tossed it down the hole, up went the outhouse like the 4th of July. What a way to go. No disrepect, but hey...can you imagine reading the newspaper obit? OMG :blink:

:o OH my Lord! Yes, can you imagine the obit.

Extremely amusing news article (style, not content - it's quite grizzly!!)......I miss obits that still, until rather recently, gave some information on cause of death.

Losing his mind......oh dear gawd...... :lol:

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

I can so picture the OBIT... way too funny... what a warped sense of humour I have (and I guess you all do too)... I love it

Tanya

Canadian eh and new to all of this!

DH Diagnosed December 20, 2006

Waiting on Gatro appt. until April!

Join eNewsletter

:lol::lol: This thread has got to be the best entertainment! Rusla, you are just too funny! :lol: My hubby thinks I've gone nuts laughing at the computer. :lol:

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter