This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tiredofdoctors - Lynne

mouse

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Lynne...you are an amazing women. That sense of humor of yours is the BEST!! :lol:

I know you're gonna get through this just fine.

I'll be sending lots of prayers your way. :)

I dont have any hairstyle ideas to throw in there but I'm really glad to hear you wont be the next "Britney". :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DingoGirl Enthusiast

ohhhhhhhhh Lynne - - do whatever you want to your head! I say shave the whole thing...but just keep up your spirits and your sense of humour. God bless!

{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Generic Apprentice

You could always shave little designs in your hair....like the basketball players etc do. But I so love the the goth look, so that would be good too.

Jestgar Rising Star

I vote for the designs - but leave the part around your face long so you can pull it back into a pony tail if you need to look respectable.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Thoughts, prayers and hugs comming your way!!

How about that sanjya look (american idol) with the ponytails down the middle??

Or maybe something in the Cindi Lauper category.....totally 80's!?!

-Jessica :rolleyes:

tiredofdoctors Enthusiast

The design thing sounds pretty good . . . . I'd have to have that done professionally, however. Tried to do that with my son's hair when he was younger. No one speaks of it without malice. Mostly, my son.

I do like the idea, also, of keeping my hair long in the front. Every now and then I do need to LOOK respectable, even if my verbage and demeanor CLEARLY point to the contrary!!!

My neice, however, is still wanting me to put neon pink streaks in my hair. If I should have to have surgery, she would REALLY want it then. Jestgar, I'm thinking that I should do something more along the lines of your avatar.

Of WHICH Sanjya look are you speaking???!!!!! :lol::lol: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't look back at your post! Oops . . had to edit my post! If they left me with enough hair I possibly could pull that off.

Cyndi Lauper . . . . . interesting . . . . Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, you know . . . . . and it IS, as gluten-free Memphis pointed out, the month of a blue moon!!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

So you wanna keep it long in the front, eh?

Just don't go the Donald Trump route, okay? The old "comb over"..... (shudders.......) :o

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mouse Enthusiast

I just got off of the phone with Lynne. Today is not a great one for her as she is feeling scared.

She had the CT angiogram yesterday and they took 53 photo's. They also put them on disc for the neuro-surgeon, besides sending the photo's. she has them in her pocession for Tuesday. She said that the report is probably on the disc. but that for the first time in her life, she will not snoop. She does not want to know and will wait for the Tuesday appt.

She was laughing so hard at the end of the phone call as she was telling me about a Chevy Chase vacation movie with the uncle that had a metal plate in his brain. She said she was telling Dave that she did not want to go to Las Vegas with me and have to keep hitting her head to shift the metal plate. This sickie (LOL) thought that was hilarious. Thank God for her humor.

elye Community Regular

Thanks for the update, mouse...now we all sit and wait, with bated breath...

Hey, guys -- the worst that could happen is that I could be like the cousin-in-law in Las Vegas Vacation!! I could have intermittent moments of fainting unless I "shift the metal plate" in my head!!

Just not going to think about it. Will wait until Tuesday, see what the guy says, and go from there. Hoping that 3mm isn't so big when it comes to "blips" in brain arteries! Will just, again, have to see.

Karen -- do you know that the new Mrs. Trump does his comb-over? He admitted it on some late-night talk show! Seriously -- if you were some fashion-model type, would you continue to let your husband have a comb-over? So, here's the deal: I'd like to have your little avatar-guy dressed with a comb-over -- I could be the "ugly twin"!!

Anyway, just having a yuck day . . . getting ready to go back to bed . . . . .

Have to cause trouble tomorrow -- even IF it's mother's day!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

happygirl Collaborator

thanks again for the updates, lynne and armetta. We are all rooting for you and your hair, lynne. :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

It's Mothers Day tomorrow?? (it's in March in the UK)

You go and cause as much trouble as you can Lynne ;)

Ok, as Laura said, totally rooting for you for Tuesday (and hair ;) ) :)

Had brunch with my daughter after listening to her and her husband sing in the choir at their church and watch Ashley direct the Children's choir. Kind of strange seeing your child as much of an adult as I did today. Then see her again as your little girl when you go to brunch!

According to my daughter, there is just a small square of hair which is cut out of the area at which they are going to drill. She said that the hole is somewhat small. Of course, that is all VERY relative. She shows me the diameter of the hole in her friend's head after surgery for an aneurysm. Personally, I thought it was large. She thought it was small!

I also question having a square shaved out of my hair!! And HOW do you color it as it grows back in?????!!!!! Let's face it -- they won't let me do that for 6-8 weeks minimum. HELLO???? I have ROOTS!!!!!!! Mostly gray, some are very dark brown!!!!!!!!! So, we'll have to come up with some plans, guys!

Going to go see my mother and my son in a few . . . .

Take care all -- you really are the best.

Love & Hugs,

Lynne

CarlaB Enthusiast

Get it colored right before surgery ... of course, if your stylist is as booked as mine, it's easier to get an appt. with a brain surgeon!

VydorScope Proficient

Wow Lynn! I am just finding about this now! I will be praying for you.. but I am not sure if I should focus the pray on your surgery, or finding a new hair do! :lol:

DEFINITELY focus prayers on if I have to have surgery, that God will guide the surgeon to use his knowledge, experience and talent to fix whatever is wrong, and that the optic nerve in my eye isn't permanently damaged.

The hair???? It's just hair. No biggie. Just want everything to go well -- if I HAVE to have surgery -- still may not, just don't know. But if I do, I just want things to get better. I have so many bruises on my arms, I have had people ask me, away from Dave, what has happened to me. It's just from SO MANY falls recently. If I could get some of the vision back in my left eye, I think that would at least make the damage from the celiac more tolerable. Right now, between the celiac damage and the balance difficulties I have from it, coupled with the loss of vision in my left eye -- it's a recipe for disaster! So, just hoping for a little improvement. A LOT of improvement would be greatly appreciated, as well!

Just using the hair as something to laugh about to distract me . . . . . and to make sure that I keep laughing! Norman Cousins says that the endorphin rush from laughing is quite healing . . . . . . . so keep those jokes coming!!!!!!

Nantzie Collaborator

A blonde and a redhead walked into a bar. The brunette ducked.

That's GREAT!!

My hair has been every color imaginable! At one point, I had that very "purple-ish auburn" color. My mother very gently told me, "Honey, I've always believed that eggplant is a vegetable, not a hair color!!"

It's been so long since I've seen my original hair color, I'd probably blow that aneurysm if I knew EXACTLY how much gray there is!!

VydorScope Proficient

Perhaps we better pray you do not get a bald surgeon who is jealous of your hair then!

Kyalesyin Apprentice

I've lit a candle, I hope it helps.

Maybe if they shave off all the hair at once, they could make it into a wig...

Kyalesyin -- thank you VERY much for lighting a candle for me. I appreciate that very much. I also like the idea of the wig-thing! If I shaved my head like Britney, I would have enough hair to make a really decent wig! My hair is below my shoulders now, so that would be a good idea!

Actually, I do think that if I have to have surgery, it will be just a small area that they shave. If it's a larger area, then, I'll just have to "shoot from the hip"! And, quite frankly, I just wouldn't care. My mom lost her hair two years ago when she had chemo -- we're used to "baldies" in our family!!! My daughter bought scarves for both of us, and we tucked our hair up in them and wore them like Mom did. We wanted to shave our heads in solidarity, but mother kind of threw a fit when we said that! So, we decided that tucking our hair up in the scarves was second best.

Tomorrow is the big day . . . . I'm getting nervous about finding out what the neurosurgeon is going to say. Definitely a case of butterflies now.

Hey Vincent -- Luckily, the surgeon has LOTS of hair. He performed my sister's surgery, and she has hair like me, so I may be relatively safe!

jerseyangel Proficient

Lynne,

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, and praying for good news. :)

You're our own "Unsinkable Molly Brown"--I know that this is the toughest one yet, but I have faith that whatever is ahead, you will come through with flying colors! ;)

And, while your hair is really the least of your worries, I have an idea about the possible root dilemma. To get you through until you can have it done properly, maybe try the new "root touch-up" kits. Those look easier to direct the color right where you want it with less chance of getting it where you don't. :)

Rusla Enthusiast

Lynne,

I will be home later in the afternoon today and all evening give me a call and let me know what has happened, or I will get a hold of you. You tell those doctors to clever up or they will find my hoof up their snouts.

Kyalesyin Apprentice
Kyalesyin -- thank you VERY much for lighting a candle for me. I appreciate that very much. I also like the idea of the wig-thing! If I shaved my head like Britney, I would have enough hair to make a really decent wig! My hair is below my shoulders now, so that would be a good idea!

Actually, I do think that if I have to have surgery, it will be just a small area that they shave. If it's a larger area, then, I'll just have to "shoot from the hip"! And, quite frankly, I just wouldn't care. My mom lost her hair two years ago when she had chemo -- we're used to "baldies" in our family!!! My daughter bought scarves for both of us, and we tucked our hair up in them and wore them like Mom did. We wanted to shave our heads in solidarity, but mother kind of threw a fit when we said that! So, we decided that tucking our hair up in the scarves was second best.

Tomorrow is the big day . . . . I'm getting nervous about finding out what the neurosurgeon is going to say. Definitely a case of butterflies now.

Hey Vincent -- Luckily, the surgeon has LOTS of hair. He performed my sister's surgery, and she has hair like me, so I may be relatively safe!

Hey, its no problem! I suck at prayer, but I've often been told that a candle and a quiet thought can work as well as a prayer cried to the heavens... I normally have a few candles on the go. I'll keep yours lit until you're outta the woods!

Maybe if they can't make you a wig from your hair you get yourself something in day-glo... pink or orange.

mouse Enthusiast

Lynne called me this morning to tell me some good news and I was in a deep sleep (bad night with pain) and all I could do was mumble. She said one of her doctor's called and that she has no aneuyrism. Now we wait and see what the neuro surgeon says tomorrow about how to fix the triple wrapped artieries in the brain.

The power of prayer, good vibes and candles at work. Lets keep them flowing.

Archived