Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamaw

Kozy Shack Pudding

I just found Kozy shack has a limited edition --- pumpkin pudding. I came home & made cream puff dough for pumpkin cream puffs......

I'm on a pumpkin binge...... ice cream sandwiches (Annalise Roberts recipe) with pumpkin ice cream......

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Thanks for the info! We haven't got it in our area of the country yet since I was at the grocery store yesterday and did not see it. I did buy some chocolate pudding so hopefully I did not just miss it.

I've now given my husband the heads up so we will keep an eye out for it. Thanks for posting!

Michelle

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for sharing. I'll look for it at the store tonight. Could you also share your recipe? It sounds delicious! :D

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Jenny C

this is the recipe from betty hageman ( gluten-free gourmet) that I used for creampuffs...

1 c. water

1/2 c. shortening

1/3 c. potato starch flour

2/3 c rice flour 1/2 tsp. salt

1 tbsp. sugar

4 eggs

preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Combine water & shortening in a large saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil. Mix flours,, salt & sugar & add to water & shortening. Stir until mixture forms a ball that leaves the side of the pan. Remove from heat & cool slightly,

Add the unbeaten eggs, one at a time, beating well with electric mixer after each egg is added.

Drop by tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet.The puffs should be approx.2 inches round & 1 1/2 inches high. Leave space for them to expand. Bake 450 for 20 kin. , then reduce heat to 350 for 20 min.more. Remove from oven & prick with a knife to let the steam escape.

Serve cold & fill with your favorite filling. Makes 8 to 10 cream puffs.

Is this the recipe you wanted, Jenny?

enjoy

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Sande,

That recipe looks so good!

Now I can't stop thinking about chocolate cream puffs......I haven't had a cream puff in years--thanks :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

This is a vegan recipe a friend of mine made up...

1 tbsp coconut oil

1 cup risotto rice*

2 cups water

1 can coconut milk

pinch of salt

maple syrup to taste

(handful of shredded coconut and/or nuts optional)

-Bring water and oil to a boil.

-Add rice, reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally till rice is cooked through.

-Off the heat add the coconut milk, salt and syrup.

I like it with dried cherries and pistachios and a pinch of cardamom and/or cinnamon!)

*risotto rice is key for it to be creamy. you can also use short grain sushi rice in a pinch, it has a high starch content like aborio.

Join eNewsletter

Mamaw, yes that was the recipe. Thank you very much! I love to make sweets...a bit too much. :lol:

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Join eNewsletter

Hi Jenny C

Me too, I love to bake .... I'm sorta lucky that I can give most of mine away & get it out of my house!!!!! I try not to think of all the calories & at times I just tell myself I can have it as a reward for being on this diet!!!!! You know mind over matter....... yeah!!!

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter