Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jentu

Ener-g Tapioca Loaf

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

:lol::lol::lol: Oops, you didn't get that memo?

I don't eat a lot a bread, but I have found that Kinnikinnick Foods make the best loaf bread and english muffins. You can find them at www.kinnikinnick.com

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Join eNewsletter

Wow, this stuff if FOUL. Why didn't you guys warn me before I went out and bought this stuff?! :lol:

YUCK!

If you microwave it you might be able to choke it down. My DS actually likes the stuff. I vote for the Kinnikinnick myself.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's not the best, I agree. But my son likes it, and eats it every day. So I buy it by the case from Amazon. I think it's actually really good for grilled sandwiches. I think Kinnikinnick is the best pre-made bread.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

Just think of it as a rite of initiation. Now you are one of us. :lol:

You may want to go to that thread where people list wretched gluten-free products. I think the worst is Holgrain rice crackers. At least the animals ate the EnerG bread when I put it out. The crackers (which have the consistency and taste of styrofoam) just sat there for weeks. Animals have some standards, I guess. Those crackers didn't even biodegrade. I just buried them under the mulch. Next spring I'll look and see if they are still there in their pristine glory ...

McDougall diet (low fat vegan) since 6/00

Gluten free since 1/6/07

Soy free and completely casein and egg free since 2/15/07

Yeast free, on and off, since 3/1/07 -- I can't notice any difference one way or the other

Enterolab results -- 2/15/07

Fecal Antigliladin IgA 140 (Normal Range <10 units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 50 (Normal Range <10 units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 517 (Normal Range <300 units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 127 (Normal Range <10 units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 06xx

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (subtype 5,6)

Fecal anti-ovalbumin (chicken egg) IgA antibody 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae (dietary yeast) IgA 11 (Normal range <10 units)

Fecal Anti-Soy IgA 119 (Normal Range < 10 units)

Join eNewsletter

You may want to go to that thread where people list wretched gluten-free products. I think the worst is Holgrain rice crackers. At least the animals ate the EnerG bread when I put it out. The crackers (which have the consistency and taste of styrofoam) just sat there for weeks. Animals have some standards, I guess. Those crackers didn't even biodegrade. I just buried them under the mulch. Next spring I'll look and see if they are still there in their pristine glory ...

:D:D:D When you do be sure to take a picture. I have no doubt they will be sitting there in all their glory. I tried those once and would rather have eaten the box they came in, at least that would have tasted a bit better.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I have to agree that stuff is awful. Another good one is the whole foods brand sandwich bread. Haven't actually tried making a sandwich with it but it makes pretty good toast. First time I tried it I didn't like it but it grows on you. I actually kind of look forward to having toast now.

And ridgewalker, great name for your four year old son. :D

Ezra

Join eNewsletter

too true :D

what i did with mine is made it into a turkey meatball dish. actually turned out really good, after soaking the bread in milk. i've got the rest of the loaf freezing until i find another good recipe to use it in.

Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT

Gluten-free since June 2006

Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991

Dairy-free for good since summer 2008

Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008

Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(

Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

Join eNewsletter

My aunt actually bought me a loaf of EnerG bread when I went to visit her. I opened it up and took one bite - just couldn't get any more down. My aunt commented that the bread smelled awful and was making her sick. I took it outside and crumbled it up for the birds. They wouldn't even eat it. :D

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

Join eNewsletter

Yep, not the best bread. Before I found the grainless baker, it was the bread I tolerated....I would toast it which would disguise some of the foul strange taste.

Now I use the grainless baker sandwich bread.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Call me crazy but I don't mind the Tapioca Lite Loaf. Of course, like all of them, I toast it to make it more palletable. My son takes it in school lunches and likes it as well as any - it holds up anyway.

Gina

gluten-free since 2001

Son dx celiac March 2005

Join eNewsletter

Haha.. I saw the name of this post and I had to check it out..and when I read 'wow this stuff is FOUL' I could not help but laugh. I was SOO excited to try my first gluten free bread (I must have been high on some left over gluten in my system) and that is what I bought. Needless to say, I thought it 'wasn't that bad...maybe' but Im pretty sure I was trying to think reallly positive. I tried it a second time, and I couldnt keep it down! Very disappointing...I have however discovered some glutino english muffins that I find to be soo delicious! They are soft and squishy and taste actually good when toasted! Im still on a search for excellent bread though...

Depression, asthma, a million enviromental allergies, psoriasis,

fatigue, sleepy after eating, extreme IBS symptoms, muscle and body pain apon waking, acne

when I never had it before - all developed (or at least became obvious) in the last 5 years

Diagnosed Gluten Intolerant November '07

Happily (for the most part) gluten free for 3 months, go me!

Join eNewsletter

I have to agree that stuff is awful. Another good one is the whole foods brand sandwich bread. Haven't actually tried making a sandwich with it but it makes pretty good toast. First time I tried it I didn't like it but it grows on you. I actually kind of look forward to having toast now.

And ridgewalker, great name for your four year old son. :D

Ezra

Thanks! :lol:

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

I hate that bread too. But don't throw it out. You can use it as breadcrumbs or cubes to stuff the holiday turkey with. It works well for that.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter