Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

Good Finds At The Dillsburg Gluten Free Store

Last night, we took a trip to Dillsburg to pick up my pumpkin pie at the Gluten Free source. I love this store and with raising gas prices, when I need something I usually mail-order it. Well, I had enough time to browse last night and I found the Ian's French toast sticks and Gluten free Corn Dogs. Now I have not gotten to try either but it is was a good find.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm so jealous! I still haven't gotten out there and I really should. I have an almost 4 year old who's never had a corn dog! :blink:

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

Oh Wow! That is a bit of a hike. Would take us about 3 hours to get there. Might be worth stopping in if I get out to Mom's place on a non-holiday.

2/05 GERD

3/07 Multinodular goiter (suspicious for follicular neoplasm as of 11/07)

5/07 Iron, vit D, and B vit deficiencies (all of them), but particularly B1, B5, B12 and folate

6/07 Elevated mercury, subclinical hypothyroid, adrenal fatigue, CFS

9/07 Endo/Colonoscopy - neg biopsy (only took 2 samples), diverticulosis, benign polyps

10/07 PCOS (cysts in breasts, ovaries and cervix)

10/07 Major reaction to wheat challenge. Minor reactions to corn, dairy, barley, and refined sugar

2/08 Candida (per Doctor's Data)

3/08 Lyme disease (clinical dx), began tx

3/08 Intradermal allergy testing - high for wheat, beef, pork, tuna, and corn - moderate for almonds, chicken, coffee, eggs, garlic, gluten, green peas, milk, rice, soy, sugar, tomatoes, green peppers, celery, sesame, garbanzo, mushroom, cabbage, strawberries, and spinach.

4/08 Began tx for babs and bart

4/08 Slightly elevated titres for EBV and HHV-6. IgG1 deficiency.

"What doesn't kill us makes us stronger... and stranger."

Join eNewsletter

I'm kinda halfway between Reading and KoP, just off 422.

2/05 GERD

5/07 Iron, vit D, and B vit deficiencies (all of them), but particularly B1, B5, B12 and folate

9/07 Endo/Colonoscopy - neg biopsy (only took 2 samples), diverticulosis, benign polyps

10/07 Major reaction to wheat challenge. Minor reactions to corn, dairy, barley, and refined sugar

3/08 Intradermal allergy testing - high for wheat, beef, pork, tuna, and corn - moderate for almonds, chicken, coffee, eggs, garlic, gluten, green peas, milk, rice, soy, sugar, tomatoes, green peppers, celery, sesame, garbanzo, mushroom, cabbage, strawberries, and spinach.

Join eNewsletter

Have you guys noticed a big increase in Celiacs in our area? I've met so many new Celiacs over the past year its not even funny.

Mmmmm... GlutenFree4Me...

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Join eNewsletter

I had no idea you went there. That is so cool!

I've been there just a few times, but my mom is there fairly often to get treats for me. I like to think I know my gluten free foods, and they certainly have it covered! Great family-happy to support them.

Join eNewsletter

I too love that store --it is a overnight trip for us...... Lauren & Beverly Fleming (the owners) are very nice ......They have a large selection so it is almost one stop shopping for gluten-free....

If anyone is going there ask them to carry Against the Grain rolls & baguettes. These are excellent..... The distributor for this is United Natural Foods -- they will need to know that info...

mamaw

Join eNewsletter

I'm just a little bit below PA, in MD. I went out there a few months ago and felt like I just kept driving and driving....forever. I even got lost (but I can get lost in a paper bag ;) ). It was well worth the trip, though.

Cindy

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease April 2005

Diabetic

Join eNewsletter

That's cool, I was just shopping to King of Prussia last month.

You're a braver woman than I am. LOL! I live 1/2 hour from the mall complex and haven't been there in 6 or 7 years. After about an hour, I go into sensory overload and have to get out of there.

I'm going to be checking out Kimberton Whole Foods next week. I've heard they have a pretty good gluten-free section. They have 3 locations in our area and they're a lot closer than Whole Foods or Trader Joes. Will let you know how it turns out.

2/05 GERD

Join eNewsletter

Have you guys noticed a big increase in Celiacs in our area? I've met so many new Celiacs over the past year its not even funny.

Mmmmm... GlutenFree4Me...

I work in a company of about 30, and there are two confirmed Celiacs, and i suspect 2 others... but neither of them want to hear it.. they would rather live with "IBS" diagnosis.

Oh well.. It's nice that I now have a "gluten-free" buddy so we can make sure that we have gluten-free stuff at our pot luck lunches.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!