Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Martha Stewart

I got this from Delphi. I'm copying and pasting the persons post (as I didn't actually see the show)

Today on Martha Stewart, she had seven employees that had entered a contest for the next big idea for the future of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. One of the employees cannot eat gluten and has suggested a magazine for people with allergies and celiac disease. Martha couldn't decide which idea to pick, so everyone can vote online to choose the next big idea. Please vote - the link is below, and you can read the ideas, then scroll to the bottom for the vote. The magazine idea for people with allergies is not getting many votes - you have until February 7th!

http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/?rs...mepage_Homepage

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Currently it looks as if the Pet-lovers are going to win. We have 17% votes and they have 38%. Lets vote people!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Currently it looks as if the Pet-lovers are going to win. We have 17% votes and they have 38%. Lets vote people!

I just voted, and yes, we may only have 17%, but that 17% is tied for 2nd place, which may serve as a wake-up call that this really is an issue and a market niche worth exploring. :)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

I just voted, and yes, we may only have 17%, but that 17% is tied for 2nd place, which may serve as a wake-up call that this really is an issue and a market niche worth exploring. :)

Great point!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

It would be HUGE to get a big name attached to a gluten free magazine/allergy free!!! VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

Thanks for the heads up!!

-Jessica

I got this from Delphi. I'm copying and pasting the persons post (as I didn't actually see the show)

Today on Martha Stewart, she had seven employees that had entered a contest for the next big idea for the future of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. One of the employees cannot eat gluten and has suggested a magazine for people with allergies and celiac disease. Martha couldn't decide which idea to pick, so everyone can vote online to choose the next big idea. Please vote - the link is below, and you can read the ideas, then scroll to the bottom for the vote. The magazine idea for people with allergies is not getting many votes - you have until February 7th!

http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/?rs...mepage_Homepage

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

We're barely in 2nd place. The Martha Stewart store is 16% and we're 19%. Arggggh

Vote, vote, vote!

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

It says you can vote as many times as you would like so go and vote MULTIPLE times! :)

Jessica

Kansas

Voted!! B)

Collette

Positive Bloodwork Oct 1st 2007. Gluten-free 3 YEARS Oct 1st!

Dairy & Soy free since Dec 1st 2007.

Potato free since January 3rd 2008.

Remaining Nightshades since April 1st 2008. Back on September 2010. :)

Developed Rice & Tapioca & Corn Intolerances...

NO Carageenan.

In a constant state of evolution... sending love! :)

Just voted and we are at 20% lets keep the votes going!!!!

~~Jodi~~

diagnosed celiac around age 6

gluten free from age 6-age 12ish

Gluten free (again) since November 2007

People Say I am on a DIET, I tell them its a LIFESTYLE

It says you can vote once per day. If someone could remember to post to this thread to jog our memories, that would be great! I'm afraid my brain would forget.

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

i am wondering how they know how many times the same person votes??? seriously, cuz if you just close out of it and reopen it it lets you vote again?? anyhow i sent the link to my mom and asked her to vote and to get all her co workers to vote, also going to send it to my aunt!

~~Jodi~~

OMG - I voted twice - THEN it said you can vote once a day for.......I forgot (have a SEVERE head cold!)....

But I forwarded the link to all females I know and, under threat of death, they MUST vote for what we want. ;)

I think it's AWESOME our choice is in second place!!!!!!!

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

I posted it to my yahoo group. That should get it a bit more publicity!!! KEEP VOTING!!! We can do it!!! It sounds like you can vote as many times per day as you wish.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Jessica

Kansas

I voted once, then changed clothes and voted again. Do you think they will recognize me? :ph34r:

I also posted this over to the celiacforums board. The more votes we can get the better. If anyone can bring gluten-free into the mainstream, the mighty and powerful Martha can do it.

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Im going to send it out threw myspace, things get passed around there so fast lolpaula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

When i just voted again we had 27 percent, im going to go vote on the other 2 puters now lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

I cast my vote. It's now in first place tied with pets at 30% each.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

okay so just voted on a dif computer, and we were up to 30% pets is 1% more than us, My mom and everyone at her work voted for us, going to put it up on myspace, and hope like heck that people vote!

This is kinda exciting...lol

~~Jodi~~

I voted. Still tied with pets at 31%.

Positive Bloodwork January 2007

Positive Biopsy Feb. 2007

Gluten Free since January 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (Subtype 2,9)

Voted!

I was soo dissapointed the other day when they said she was going to do "allergy free cupcakes" on her show and they were egg, dairy and nut free but chock full of gluten! I watched the whole show in anticipation of that :(

Pre-diagnosis misdiagnoses: endometriosis, migraines, psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis

Diagnosed April 2006 with multiple food sensitivities (gluten, yeast, eggs, cow dairy, legumes, some nuts and veggies) and a systemic candida infection -no pre-diagnosis symptoms since!