Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkmunchkin

Martha Stewart

We were tied with pets at 32 percent, but the MSLO employee cookbook is on the move. The votes have been increasing by several hundred every few seconds as the MSLO employee cookbook has risen from 13 to 18 percent and Allergies mag has dropped down to 28 percent. Must be on some other blog somewhere - or lots of employees voting! :)

Anyway, it was nice for Alexis to come up with the idea and bring it to the forefront. Hopefully it will make mainstream food shows and magazines aware of the market and the need to take special food and diet populations into consideration when planning menus and creating recipes.

Gluten intolerant and egg intolerant

Gluten/egg free since 11/2005 :-)

Join eNewsletter

i AGREE WITH YA AMANDA

Last time I voted it was 32 and us 31 % what the heck????????????????? :blink:

Judy in Southern CA

Join eNewsletter

We're neck and neck. Both at 29% this morning!

Osteoporosis, and sacroiliac arthritis diagnosed 32 yrs of age.  Chronic low wbc, Severe constipation, Migraines, severe GERD, multiple miscarriages, Sjrogen's disease, positive ANA, thyroid nodules (hyperthryoid), fatty liver disease with elevated enzymes, low vitamin D, low protein, IBS, SIBO, Discoid lupus, mulitple food allergies and massive hair loss.  I left my career because I was too sick to keep working, and it was devastating because I couldn't apply for disability without a diagnosis.  My daughter was a preemie and she has Central Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) and had a positive ANA and Rheumatoid Factor at 16 and now has been dx'd with Hashimoto's.

Allergic to:  corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, dairy.  Not diagnosed as celiac.

Join eNewsletter

i AGREE WITH YA AMANDA

Last time I voted it was 32 and us 31 % what the heck????????????????? :blink:

Don't forget - the numbers are a percentage, not a tally. If another idea starts getting more votes, eventually, their piece of the pie will get larger, and others will get smaller cause they've all got to add up to 100 percent. :)

Join eNewsletter

I just voted again, and we are beating pets by 1% now. Pets schmets, I say! They have enough magazines! I have 3 computers (1 at work ad 2 at home) and I am voting on each of them every day until 2/7. I think we can really make this happen!

I also just emailed the glutenfreegirl and asked her if she would be willing to put a link on her blog. She gets lots of exposure and that's what we need!

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Okay we are still ahead by One percent, will be emailing my mom to have everyone vote for us again!!!!!

~~Jodi~~

diagnosed celiac around age 6

gluten free from age 6-age 12ish

Gluten free (again) since November 2007

People Say I am on a DIET, I tell them its a LIFESTYLE

Join eNewsletter

I just voted again, and sent it to others who have various food issues, so they can vote, too. :)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

It now has a picture of Martha voting and checking the polls. At least she will know thereis a calling for this type of magazine from her!!

Also, if you have a few min. read the messages that are posted with the story, many of them are begging for a allergy/intollerance magazine.

-Jessica

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

Join eNewsletter

Okay so i just looked, pets 28%

allergen publication 31%

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Jodi~~

Join eNewsletter

I just voted again this morning.

How scientific is this poll, allowing everyone to vote multiple times?

I don't think it's scientific at all. It's a popularity contest, and the most votes wins! :lol::rolleyes:

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Join eNewsletter

I don't think it's scientific at all. It's a popularity contest, and the most votes wins! :lol::rolleyes:

well i hope we are popular then!!

~~Jodi~~

Join eNewsletter

Yeah, and you can vote as often as you want - it's not limited to once per day. Although they might state that - it doesn't prevent you from voting multiple times per day.

The stories are good. I hope this gets some mainstream attention. I love the people who wrote in that, although they do not have food sensitivities, their friends and loved ones do, and they want to know some things to make for their friends/loved ones. Bless them! This shows that there is a need even in mainstream society - not just limited to those with food sensitivities, but all those who know and love us. :P

Join eNewsletter

this is AWESOME - we are ahead!

someone needs to send this to Celiac Chicks, also - - they get TONS of exposure.

<please? anyone? I am SOOOOOO sick presently and don't have the energy/brain power to do it....also Gluten Free Goddess, maybe? >

thanks!

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Join eNewsletter

I just voted ( about 20+ times).

Just hit the back button and vote over and over again.

It is now up to 32%.

http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/martha/?rs...mepage_Homepage

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

Join eNewsletter

I just voted again and we're ahead by 3%. This could be sooo good for Celiac publicity. Since Celiac is so horribly underdiagnosed, I would hope that they'd have occasional articles ABOUT the disease, along with allergen-free recipes.

I also think it will be HILARIOUS if Martha Stewart puts out a magazine about food intolerances after her daughter was such a cold-hearted witch about gluten-free diets. :angry::lol: :lol:

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Join eNewsletter

I also think it will be HILARIOUS if Martha Stewart puts out a magazine about food intolerances after her daughter was such a cold-hearted witch about gluten-free diets. :angry::lol: :lol:

Talk about irony :lol::lol::lol:

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Join eNewsletter

this is AWESOME - we are ahead!

someone needs to send this to Celiac Chicks, also - - they get TONS of exposure.

<please? anyone? I am SOOOOOO sick presently and don't have the energy/brain power to do it....also Gluten Free Goddess, maybe? >

thanks!

It's already on gluten-free goddess - I checked this morning. I also checked all the big yahoogroups, and it's on there too. Just checked celiacchicks and it's there too. If The gluten free girl will get it on there, it will be sooo great. We can do it!

I sent a note to everyone in my address book at home asking people to vote for it, and asking them to forward it on to everyone they know. I have visions of strange people opening their email and saying "Helen - who's colleen and what's a gluten?" :)

Hope you feel better, Dingogirl. A pox on all the foul germies!!!!

-Colleen

Dx 8/05 via bloodwork and biopsy (total villous atrophy)

13-year old son Dx 11/05 via bloodwork and biopsy

Daughters (16 and 5) have tested negative via bloodwork

A woman is like a tea bag - you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter