Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

My Wonderful Milestone

Hi Everyone!

I finally made it to that point and I just want to share with people who can totally understand and relate. It is 3 1/2 years after my diagnosis. I felt well the past years once going gluten free but I finally feel like me again and it is amazing. Preceliac I was a very active person and I was always on the go. I had this amazing personality. Once I spent 2 years sick with no answers I turned into a hermit, only leaving the house for work and that was a challenge in itself. I got very down and worried and everything fell apart. My now husband was by my side the whole time.

Anyway, about a year ago I started having sleeping problems and was relying on sleeping pills in all sorts of combinations to get to bed on work nights, on the weekends I had no problems at all....yet I could not pinpoint why my habits changed, I may not love going to work but I never dreaded it.

Over the past months I have become active again, heading to the gym and now in the nicer weather I have been walking every night with my neighbor and her baby. On the nights when she is at work and we have the baby I continue to walk. I have been rollerblading and tonight I was jogging. I have been eating much healthier as well.

My neighbors baby stays with us on weekends while she works 3rd shift so that has been keeping me busy as well.

My entire attitude has changed I am once again the happy go lucky person I used to be. I am always up for activities and I look forward to gatherings and other functions I used to dread so.

My battle with sleeping pills has seemed to be won! I have been getting to bed on my own the past week and that is such a great feeling. My nights seem longer now and I really wake up refreshed and am ready to get to work. Things are getting better.

Work has been very busy but nothing keeping me down. I am just me again and no one can ever understand what a great feeling that is until they have gone through what all we have gone through!

So I hope you guys all can relate and if not, have something to look forward to. It may seem like things will be hard forever once going gluten free but honestly I am myself again and its so 2nd nature.

Good Luck Everyone!

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Bravo!!! That is truly inspiring!!! I know there is more to me than what I have felt like for so many years. I am sometimes not sure who the real me is. The other day someone was joking with me and I had a really good snappy comeback. I think I surprised everyone. I'm usually much too subdued (interpret: brain-foggy) to be so clever! I usually think of a response days later :lol I look forward to one day finding that energy as you have!

Lisa

~~Lisa~~

"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."--Moliere

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."--Douglas Adams

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!--Amanda

gluten-free since 1/08

happy%20dance%20penguin.gif

Cheers to you Amanda! What good inspiration to so many.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

What an encouraging post! :DB)

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

Amanda, this is great stuff to hear. I am so happy for you. I went through celiac hell too, and came back. Keep moving forward!

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Amanda, that is beyond rockin!!!! I am soo happy for you, and a little jealous :rolleyes:

That is very inspiring, it's good to be reminded that there really is a light at the end. Thank you!!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

Amanda,

Thank you for the encouraging words, it give us newbies hope for the future!

Kathy

Gluten free 3/08

Negative blood work/positive endoscopy

Fructose Malabsorption

Soy free

Fabulous! So glad for you.

I hope we all get to that "happy place". Your accomplishment give us all hope, and even more to look forward to than ever!

A spherical meteorite 10 km in diameter traveling at 20 km/s has the kinetic energy equal to the calories in 550,000,000,000,000,000 Twinkies.

Thanks everyone for your warm words. I can't wait till you guys can post the same. Don't be discouraged if it takes awhile either.

36_22_10[1].gif

Congratulations!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

I'm right on your heels, with 2 years and 2 months gluten free... I can still tell my body is healing.

I am so happy for you! I used to be the way you are now. Get up eager for the day and get so much accomplished. Glad you were able to resolve your sleep problems, I think that makes such a difference!

Thank you for posting - it's really encouraging!

Joni

Dx'd with Celiac Disease 8/01/07

This is such wonderful news, Amanda--I couldn't be happier for you :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thank you for sharing. It is a long process. I'll be gluten-free 2 years at the end of this coming summer. I'm still struggling with some of the things that you mentioned so that gives me hope to hang in there. I'm happy to report that I'm finally gaining weight so that's a good sign to me that my healing is progressing. I know I need to get exercize but I'm so afraid of wearing myself out. I'm not sure where the line is between my body saying it's not ready and my body being ready but me not getting over that mental hurtle. Do you know what I mean?

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Amanda, I am so glad that you have finally gotten your life back. :) It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I'm still on the uphill, but even just knowing that things are steadily getting better is such a good feeling. I've been gluten free for 4 years now and its such a long climb back to your pre-celiac self (or what you should have been). I feel better now than I think I ever have and things are STILL getting better. :)

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Amanda, I am so glad that you have finally gotten your life back. :) It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I'm still on the uphill, but even just knowing that things are steadily getting better is such a good feeling. I've been gluten free for 4 years now and its such a long climb back to your pre-celiac self (or what you should have been). I feel better now than I think I ever have and things are STILL getting better. :)

It makes you wonder what you will be like at the end of the summer or such! It is just amazing! We need to do CIP one of these days soon, Annika is probably almost 7 months now....Landen is a month younger!

36_22_10[1].gif

It makes you wonder what you will be like at the end of the summer or such! It is just amazing! We need to do CIP one of these days soon, Annika is probably almost 7 months now....Landen is a month younger!

Annika is 7.5 months. :) She's getting so big! We really should do CIP soon. I haven't been there yet, but I'm dying to try it.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004