Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jerseyangel

Happy Birthday Rachel-24!

Happy Birthday, my friend! Hope it's a great one :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Have a wonderful day Rachel, with great celebrations! :D

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Happy Birthday Rachel May your birthday wish come true. :)

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.

Happy birthday!

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Julie, :lol: I'm thinking your right. :lol:

Happy Birthday Rachel!

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Oh man, I thought I missed it, lol!

Happy Birthday!!!

:DHappy Birthday, Rachel! :D

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Birthday Rachel!!!

I am thinking cake is on the menu for today :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol: Julie...thats so funny!!

Believe it or not I'm not eating cake today! :blink:

I know...it sounds crazy but I'm not taking any chances with my upcoming vacation (today's my last work day :) )!!!

Everyone at work is freaking out about me eating cake or anything that is "normal" because its been so long that I went without. They get scared I'm gonna call in sick or something. :lol:

Today my boss said that they were thinking about giving me a cake. He said its the only time he'll be ok with it....only beacause I'm on vacation after today. If anything happens I'll have plenty of time to recover. :lol:

I told him this is probably the only time I'll be ok with NOT having some cake! I'm protecting my time off....I cant be too "risky" right before my vacation! :P

I still have all the problems with preservatives and things like that. Its ok if I'm a little "high" while I'm at work.....but definately not on my own time! I want my brain to function 100% (or whatever is normal for me :lol: ) while I'm on vacation. :D

I dont wanna be sharing stories of stupid things I did while under the influence of cake! ;)

Donna, Nope you didnt miss anything....its still my birthday....ALL DAY!! :lol:

Thanks everyone. You all make my birthday a little more special. :wub:

Rachel

Well let me add my

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

wish to everyone else's! :)

Vacation, cake, what's all this??? Going anywhere special, staying home, what??

I simply must pop into OMG to see what's going on........am entirely out of the loop (and out of my mind on silly thread) :P

SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Today my boss said that they were thinking about giving me a cake. He said its the only time he'll be ok with it....only beacause I'm on vacation after today. If anything happens I'll have plenty of time to recover. :lol:

AARGH! The arch-typical boss! It's OK to be sick on your "vacation" :ph34r: but don't miss any work!!! :blink::lol:

Happy Birthday!

Sandi ~ learning to live in a world obsessed and infested with wheat.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" probably was not referring to us . . .

"For the love of money gluten is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." (apologies to 1 Timothy 6:10 (NASB)

The person we most dislike is still a soul for whom Christ died. (David Jeremiah)

HAAAAAAAAAPPY BIRRRRRTH-DAYYYYYYYYY

tooooooo youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hope it's a GREAT one Rachel!! :)

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07