This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Please Reply....anyone At All Who Has An Answer!

lindelxox

lindelxox Newbie

I am 13 years of age and i'm a celiac/gluten intolerant and i get THE WORST cramps and THE WORST bloating and the other day, someone was rather horrible to me nd they came up to me and asked ''When's the baby due?" i hate it! :angry: does ANYONE have any solutions to beat the Nausea?and the cramps.....besides pain killers and Wheat packs (they are like hot water bottles only with wheat instead of with water)..AND i would be SOOOO greatful for ANY AT ALL responses...i dont care who's it from BUT if you are providing me with false hope i'll be not too happy!! :P

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Are you sure you're 100% gluten-free?

If you are 100% gluten-free, I would consider that you might have a candida/yeast problem. There are many threads here regarding candida. Basically, you would need to cut out sugar and simple carbs (white bread, white rice, white sugar) and take probiotics to rebuild intestinal flora.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

i'm sorry hon. people can be so mean. i used to get asked that a lot when i was first diagnosed. i agree with carla, in that you ought to take a look at what else it could be. i worked with my doctor, and was able to eliminate dairy, and am now in the process of avoiding soy. my bloating has gone down, but the cramps are still here, if not quite in full force. i hope you can find a solution ;)

lindelxox Newbie
i'm sorry hon. people can be so mean. i used to get asked that a lot when i was first diagnosed. i agree with carla, in that you ought to take a look at what else it could be. i worked with my doctor, and was able to eliminate dairy, and am now in the process of avoiding soy. my bloating has gone down, but the cramps are still here, if not quite in full force. i hope you can find a solution ;)

thanx honey!!

MELINE Enthusiast

Hello

sorry to read that you have nausea / bloating problems..

1)if you are completely gluten free I agree with the candida issue

2)if you are not, check your cosmetics and keep in mind that even the smallest trace of gluten can make you sick

3) my bloating was ALL because of lactose intolerance.

4) my nausea was ALL because of malabsorption. I used to eat HUGE amounts, lose weight, m body and my breath had the worse odour and my stool too, and it was because my villi could not properly help me digest the food. Also my hair kept falling.

Now everything is gone, but it took me 1 year. You didn't tell us when you started the diet. You must give yourself the time to get better.

One thing not to cure the nausea but just to make you feel better is camomile. It worked great for me.

Meline

mindwiped Rookie

Just me, I'd get rid of the wheat pack...it's WHEAT! Every time you jiggle it, it's shedding microscopic bits of gluten everywhere you lay it. It's in your microwave (I'm assuming that's how you heat it up), and all over your hands from touching it. You can make the same thing with rice in a sock, (or travel pillowcase, just no zipper) and then it can't gluten you.

ravenwoodglass Mentor
Just me, I'd get rid of the wheat pack...it's WHEAT! Every time you jiggle it, it's shedding microscopic bits of gluten everywhere you lay it. It's in your microwave (I'm assuming that's how you heat it up), and all over your hands from touching it. You can make the same thing with rice in a sock, (or travel pillowcase, just no zipper) and then it can't gluten you.

That was my first thought also, reading about that wheat pack sent shudders through me. That is not something you want to be using. In addition to making one of rice in some areas you can find buckwheat pillows and heating pads, those are safe as buckwheat is not actually a wheat. Buckwheat cereal, cream of buckwheat, is also very soothing and if you like cream of wheat you will like cream of buckwheat. It is a nice easily digested food for when you are getting over a glutening. Do check everything you are coming into contact with, not just food but your shampoos, toiletries, makeup, lotions even pet foods should be gluten-free to avoid crosscontamination issues. Also be aware that some companies post copious lists of 'gluten free' items, Frito Lay is one example, however the issue of cross contamination is very high. If you are new to the diet the best way to go is with fresh (or frozen single ingredient) foods. Fresh veggies, fruits, nuts, meats etc are all going to be naturally gluten free and will help you heal with less risk of a gluten accident. After you have been feeling good for at least 2 weeks then add in some other processed and more risky stuff. It is easier to tell how sensitive you are if you go super strict in the beginning.

Other kids can be really nasty, and some don't outgrow it in adulthood. One comforting thought to keep in mind is that celiac is very common. The NIH estimates that there are 3 million of us, at least in the US. At present only about 100,000 are diagnosed. Those kids that are teasing you may be walking in your shoes at some point.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ShayFL Enthusiast

Yes, ditch the "wheat packs". Fill a large sock with white rice and heat in the microwave. Works great!

ang1e0251 Contributor

I'm so sorry you are feeling sick. I wondered if your food is being cooked in containers with utensils that are also being used for food that does have gluten. Cross contamination is tough on the tummy & the rest of your family may not understand what a problem it is for you. You need your own cooking pots, utensils, food prep area, toaster and storage for your food.

The diet takes time to get right and we have all had set backs. Don't listen to people who are cruel and ignorant about others. Your beauty shines and we can all see it here. We will talk to you anytime you need us. We care!

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

You don't need to ditch the wheat pack if it's BUCKWHEAT (which most, but not all, of that sort of heating packs are). Buckwheat is gluten-free.

I agree with the candida issue possibility, but think that lactose intolerance or a dairy allergy is more likely, and I would rule that out first.

Rule it out by going dairy-free for a while (:(), then adding LACTOSE-FREE milk back in. If you react to it, then it's a DAIRY problem, not a lactose problem But if you don't react to it, you can probably manage dairy by using lactase pill(which are a replacement for the lactase you are supposed to be producing--read instructions carefully!).

happygirl Collaborator

You may want to talk to your parents about taking you to the doctor and having you evaluated to see if your Celiac antibodies (bloodwork) have dropped to normal limits. If they haven't, your body hasn't healed or is still getting gluten, and that may be the explanation for your symptoms.

Archived