Nor_TX

How Do You Feel Today?

Rate this topic

I am feeling pretty good today. My past Saturday "glutening" has passed, I am in the middle of my Remicade cycle, colitis is calm, IBS is calm, it's warm and sunny in Texas and there are only 32 days left of school!

Just wondering how y'all are feeling today?

I for one am feeling terrible... I just got glutened yesterday!! Ahhhh. I can barely stand... no energy! Feel better today than yesterday though. :P

But I'm glad you're feeling good. (= Woohoo, go school being out soon! [:

Glad to hear your feeling good in Texas!

I'm up and out of bed. I am grateful for there have been days I have been too sick to be up and out of bed. My plan of the day is to avoid catastrophe, take the time to do something kind, and realize I am one day closer to achieving my goal. ;)

i'm in bed with my puke bucket and in so much pain. but school is over so i'm glad for that. glad to hear you are feeling well though!

Things are good in Minnesota! I also feel recovered from my brush with gluten this weekend. :)

I am so glad I joined the community here at celiac.com. After a year and a half of going it alone, I'm so glad to have other people who can understand what it is like to live with Celiac Disease.

PMSing (and therefore kinda mean lol) but otherwise great! Husband will be home early, no class tonight, made headway on my final term papers, and so we can play outside in the beautiful weather!

Hugs to all those who are recovering from their glutenings (but, y'know, not too much bc I don't want to squeeze you too hard lol).

Gluten must have been out on the hunt this weekend, as I too was glutened. Ugh. So I'm miserable, and I will be for three weeks! Rant moment: THAT IS SO UNFAIR! I'M SO DARN CAREFUL IT'S NOT FUNNY, AND IT STILL GOT ME!! Okay, I'm done now. :P But I am glad others are feeling good -- we all have our turn, and I guess for some of us, it's this week. So y'all enjoy some sun and happy tummies for me! :)

Glad you are feeling peppy!

Here?

Warmish and sunny, and feeling fine. Nervous as heck, but fine. Things are actually lining up in a rather epically good way for me in the celiac world - I'm looking at beginning to teach cooking classes this summer, I finally buckled to family nagging and have started working on a cookbook... which explains the fresh english muffins cooling on the counter and the batch of brownies I'm tweaking at the moment! (And fresh baked gluten free goodies are ALWAYS a reason to be perky!)

Now - if I could just get the cats to stop trying to climb my pants as I work....

I feel pretty good. It's warming up here in MN and nice and sunny. Sleep is getting better which helps my disposition.

Haven't been glutened in about six weeks. Hope it never happens again. I know, living in a dream world to not expect it to happen again.

I managed to avoid the gluten (I'm always careful and conservative, but even more so while I've been pregnant), but I'm feeling more stuffed than an overeater after a huge Thanksgiving meal. Baby girl is welcome to come down (and then out) any day now. :P

Glad you are feeling peppy!

Here?

Warmish and sunny, and feeling fine. Nervous as heck, but fine. Things are actually lining up in a rather epically good way for me in the celiac world - I'm looking at beginning to teach cooking classes this summer, I finally buckled to family nagging and have started working on a cookbook... which explains the fresh english muffins cooling on the counter and the batch of brownies I'm tweaking at the moment! (And fresh baked gluten free goodies are ALWAYS a reason to be perky!)

Now - if I could just get the cats to stop trying to climb my pants as I work....

I need your help, sister! I miss english muffins/bagels/toast/cake....I used to bake all the time and now I don't even know where to begin!!! My poor kid is begging for brownies and I don't know how to make them without flour :(

You make that cookbook!!! You're miles ahead of the moms like me who at 23 are learning how to redo EVERYTHING!!!

I need your help, sister! I miss english muffins/bagels/toast/cake....I used to bake all the time and now I don't even know where to begin!!! My poor kid is begging for brownies and I don't know how to make them without flour :(

You make that cookbook!!! You're miles ahead of the moms like me who at 23 are learning how to redo EVERYTHING!!!

Ooo, K8ling -- do a search on here. I can't remember who -- I think her username is purple?? -- but she directed me to a website/blog with an amazing brownie recipe. Better than anything I ever made with gluten (beats any box mix). It's awesome and I take it anywhere and people rave. If you don't find it, PM me and I'll look it up when I get home (at work now, so I don't have the link).

K8ling,

I would also give Better Crocker's gluten-free cakes a try....they were a little dry but the closest thing I have had to CAKE in a long time, and I missed it terribly. Also I have a pacakge of Brownie mix that I just got at Trader Joe's over the weekend that I plan to try sometime this week.

You CAN have all of the yummy stuff you had before, you just have to find the recipe's or similar box mixes. The only thing that really sucks is that the gluten-free stuff is WAY expensive so you won't eat it as often, but I guess that really isn't a bad thing, who needs cake all the time anyway?

Feeling pretty good today. Woke up at 3:30 am but got some sleep before that so not too bad. Getting over a restaraunt adventure over the weekend where I ate a salad with no croutons and Italian dressing. Then next day ate some Chex Honey nut cereal with hemp milk. Now I remember why I don't eat out very often. Ah well, it is over now, and that's fine.

Experimenting with making some encaustic art on plywood today. First time doing the more usual encaustic style abstracts and they are not looking too bad. Signed up for a show in May and plan to enter a couple if they come out good. I actually feel a lot better this year and even feel like doing art again. That's a nice change!

#1 FOR BROWNIES - KING ARTHUR'S BROWNIE MIX. omg, omg, omg. I was soo impresssed.

#2 It is super cool that this thread was started. Props to Nor_TX!!!

#3 I am doing thankfully very well. I had a narrow miss the other day at a Vietnamese restaurant and ended up getting MSG-ed (UGGGH) but not glutened. It is rainy out here in CA but I do not care because I am enjoying feeling fan-freakin-tastic. Thanks for asking!!!

(I love this place.)

:D

I am sending out "feeling good fairy dust" to everyone who is feeling yucky. It is guaranteed to be effective over the Internet, no matter what speed your connection is. It is also known to work well over the data plans on phones that connect to the Internet. It is purported to have lasting effects of euphoria and calmness on one's body and mind, as well as a powerful healing property that has shown to slow down any negative input from outside stimulus.

Enjoy!

First off, for brownies, the Trader Joe's gluten free brownie mix is superb. I've had people rave over it when I take a platter of them to a potluck, and go after them like locusts, leaving the wheat brownies untouched. When I make them at home, sometimes they don't even make it out of the pan! They are a great intro to gluten-free baked goods for the uninitiated.

Today is a pretty good day, although I'm not too sure about a puffed sort of snack someone brought into work yesterday. I tried one, it was tasty, but was leery because of the statement on the package about shared facility with wheat, despite the acceptable ingredients. Some tummy uneasiness, but just a bit. Now I know. I am finding it easier to 'just say no' at when gluten goodies are presented. Thinking of the evil effects usually helps.

But it's warmer (a little) here today, no wind (gale force winds yesterday!), and no rain, even a bit of sun and blue sky. So what can I complain about, really? And would it do any good, anyway? :lol:

Thanks for the brownie tips!

It's been 3 days I feel so-so, not terribly awful, but not good. I miss feeling great! (don't really know if this was a glutening/ cc/ or just part of the beginner's ups-n-downs...)

Anyway, I am thinking, a little gluten-free brownie won't hurt my mood ;)

And Nor_TX, thanks so much for the fairy dust!!

We'll all get better, in time :)

Sophie