This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bill Clinton Does Have Celiac

Eriella

Eriella Explorer

Hey--

After Pres. Clinton's comment on Rachel Ray's show about eating gluten free granola, I know a bunch of us were wondering if he had celiac. Good Morning America reported to today that Chelsea Clinton's wedding cake is going to be gluten free, so I think that pretty much confirms that he does. Just thought that I'd pass along the news that another famous person has it.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ksymonds84 Enthusiast

Hey--

After Pres. Clinton's comment on Rachel Ray's show about eating gluten free granola, I know a bunch of us were wondering if he had celiac. Good Morning America reported to today that Chelsea Clinton's wedding cake is going to be gluten free, so I think that pretty much confirms that he does. Just thought that I'd pass along the news that another famous person has it.

I can remember when he was Pres. he used to get teased for doing his jogging then getting a McDonald's Big Mac! It must have caught up with him....lol

danaf617 Explorer

I heard this about her wedding also but heard the Chelsea was the one. I heard she's gluten intolerant and vegan.

ENF Enthusiast

We can read all we want into this, but the only information that has been put forth is that Chelsea Clinton has a "gluten allergy", and is vegan.

I suspect that she has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Publicly, she can be better understood by calling it an allergy and saying that she can't eat gluten.

jerseyangel Proficient

We can read all we want into this, but the only information that has been put forth is that Chelsea Clinton has a "gluten allergy", and is vegan.

I suspect that she has been diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Publicly, she can be better understood by calling it an allergy and saying that she can't eat gluten.

I agree--they may not want to publicly use the word "disease".

A few years ago, I saw Bill Clinton on Rachel Ray's show and he said he ate "gluten free snacks" when asked what he liked to snack on.

pin Newbie

I agree--they may not want to publicly use the word "disease".

A few years ago, I saw Bill Clinton on Rachel Ray's show and he said he ate "gluten free snacks" when asked what he liked to snack on.

IF BILL CLINTON IS CELIAC THEN WHY IS HE KNOWN FOR HIS LOVE OF McCDONALDS, BIG MACS AND OTHER FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS...WAS HE ONLY DIAGNOSED RECENTLY?

halfrunner Apprentice

Heck, my other half is the only one in our house who is gluten intolerant and I prefer some of his gluten-free snacks to the regular ones. Nut thins have become my favorite go to snack, they're better than chips, pretzels, or regular crackers. Bill Clinton may be the same way. I too have seen that Chelsea is the one who is gluten intolerant and vegan.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

i-geek Rookie

IF BILL CLINTON IS CELIAC THEN WHY IS HE KNOWN FOR HIS LOVE OF McCDONALDS, BIG MACS AND OTHER FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS...WAS HE ONLY DIAGNOSED RECENTLY?

Quite possibly. Most people aren't diagnosed until they're adults. My husband's uncle is a 60-year-old grandfather of three AND a medical doctor, and he was only diagnosed last year.

modiddly16 Enthusiast

Heck, I had a known love for soft pretzels, hoagies and pastries before I was diagnosed. Remember, its not always something that's been detected for your whole life, especially if you're a bit older. It really didn't start to get diagnosed more frequently until about 5 or 6 years ago!

conniebky Collaborator

Heck, I had a known love for soft pretzels, hoagies and pastries before I was diagnosed. Remember, its not always something that's been detected for your whole life, especially if you're a bit older. It really didn't start to get diagnosed more frequently until about 5 or 6 years ago!

Exactly!

I do not know what I am going to do at the Kentucky State Fair this year.

I'm thinking about not even going....what's the point?

Dixiebell Contributor

Eat before you go so you are too full to want any of that stuff.

kareng Grand Master

Exactly!

I have heard that cotton candy is gluten-free. Also, I got kettle corn (my favorite). I went to a stand with an older couple overseeing the granddaughters. Asked them what was in the kettle corn. Showed me the bottle of oil, salt, sugar and plain popcorn. Said she worries about people with allergies so she keeps the canola oil out for all to see. The only thing they make in the kettle is the popcorn. Those fried curly potato places might be OK if all they make is fried potatoes with no coatings. Deep fried twinkies would be a "NO".

I love my junk food. :P

GlutenFreeManna Rising Star

Exactly!

Target has these little cooler bags that look just like a purse right now. I bet you could smuggle in some gluten free pretzels and other treats in on of those. ;)

Archived