1 reply to this topic

#1 MisterV

MisterV

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

I've been searching for anwswers on this forum, but haven't quite found out what I'm looking for.

I've been gluten-free for 3 years. I went off gluten before being tested so I don't know if I am Celiac or non-celiac gluten intolerant.

2 weeks ago I unknowingly had a big dose of gluten hidden in some food...the usual symptoms GI, muscle pains, happened the next day. The usual anxiety attack happened 2 days later, but this time my tongue feels swollen, my speech is slightly impaired. I thought it was probably the gluten, but the tongue sensation has been fluctuating up and down without quite going away for about 5 days. I've been poking and prodding so much in the soft tissue under my skin that now I don't know if I'm sore from prodding or if my salivary glands are painful and inflamed.

If anyone has had slurred speech or a fullness in the tongue from a gluten reaction...can anyone reassure me that the symptom will fade eventually?

The problem is the anxiety aggravates my thoughts about what it is and of course I think it's a series of hundreds of other diseases.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Fire Fairy

Fire Fairy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

This is one I haven't had happen (yet). Once in High School the inside of my mouth swelled up but not my tongue. I was glutenated Tuesday morning and have suffered from various issues everyday since. The most worrysome reaction besides being depressed and suffering some senseless anxiety has been feeling like I have bubbles popping in my head. Strokes run on both sides of my Father's family and my mother had a stroke last fall so I'm a little paranoid about my brain. Afraid I'm no help, just sharing to bump your topic up.  

If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'-unknown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: