2 replies to this topic

#1 Tasha2004

Tasha2004

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:48 PM

I guess the only positive test I still have is the Gliadin IgA. My doctor says it's not a big deal until the Ttg turns positive, but that it could be latent Celiac.
I'm still wondering if anyone has any advice on high IgA and what to do with the info. Mine was 74 normal is 25 or less.........
Type I Diabetic with IgA positive only, Mom has celiac disease.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lisa922

lisa922

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:49 AM

Hi! I am in the process of trying to figure out my results also. My ttg was negative and my Iga was only 24, but I had some other numbers that were higher. My small intestine biopsy does show damaged villi. Today I spoke with a very knowledgable nurse at a gi office - she told me that if the ttg is positive, even with a normal Iga, Celiac should be investigated as a possibility. She did seem puzzled that my ttg was normal (or actually negative) and said that there is a genetic test that can be done I'm not sure how this is supposed to be written, but she said to ask for HLAeq2 and HLAdq8 tests. If they are both negative, then it is not Celiac. If one is positive and one is negative, you still have a 30% chance of not getting Celiac. I am going to post this info and see if anyone else is familiar with it and I'm going to request the test because I want to make sure I am following the right treatment. She said there are many other conditions that can damage your villi. Good luck with your results!

LISA

#3 Tasha2004

Tasha2004

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:35 AM

Thanks Lisa. I'm still doing research on this. I wish I could afford my own tests but I just cant right now.
You were brave enough for the biopsy, I havent chosen to do one yet.
Do you have symptoms?
Type I Diabetic with IgA positive only, Mom has celiac disease.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: