1 reply to this topic

#1 Kayleen007

Kayleen007

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 05:35 AM

Okay..maybe I'm just too spazzed into trying to find out what is really wrong with me. I'm just so damn tired of being sick. But I was diagnosed with IBS about 10 yrs ago (also saw on my medical records that I could have Inflammatory Bowel Disease...anyone know the difference in that and IBS?) Anyway..what exactly are the differences, symptom-wise between IBS and Celiac? As I mentioned in a previous post, I can't afford to see a doctor to be tested for Celiac..can't afford that other one, the one that tests your stool by mail, the name escapes me. So..is there anything I should look for that would make me think it might be one or the other? I am on the gluten-free diet. Just started that about a week and a half ago. But it's not helping yet (and I know that can take a long time), and EVERYTHING I eat right now is making my intestines go crazy...so I can't narrow it down by foods. Any other suggestions?? :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2004 - 06:54 PM

I am not sure what Inflammatory Bowel disease is (I assume it's inflammation ;) :P ) but I DO know that with IBS there are NO physical signs of it (no inflammation, nothing to point to and say "that's your problem").

I knew I did not have IBS because I dropped 40lbs in 2 months, that usually is NOT a sign of IBS and something inside me was just not satisfied with that dx.

Since money is an issue for you stay on the diet, but give it a few months to see an improvement. Some docs out there do accept an improvement on the gluten-free diet as a way of testing and will not give you a hard time about it and if they do.... oh well, it's your body and your health!

You take care!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: