Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ibs Vs. Celiac

2 posts in this topic

Okay..maybe I'm just too spazzed into trying to find out what is really wrong with me. I'm just so damn tired of being sick. But I was diagnosed with IBS about 10 yrs ago (also saw on my medical records that I could have Inflammatory Bowel Disease...anyone know the difference in that and IBS?) Anyway..what exactly are the differences, symptom-wise between IBS and Celiac? As I mentioned in a previous post, I can't afford to see a doctor to be tested for Celiac..can't afford that other one, the one that tests your stool by mail, the name escapes me. So..is there anything I should look for that would make me think it might be one or the other? I am on the gluten-free diet. Just started that about a week and a half ago. But it's not helping yet (and I know that can take a long time), and EVERYTHING I eat right now is making my intestines go crazy...so I can't narrow it down by foods. Any other suggestions?? :(

Ads by Google:

I am not sure what Inflammatory Bowel disease is (I assume it's inflammation ;):P ) but I DO know that with IBS there are NO physical signs of it (no inflammation, nothing to point to and say "that's your problem").

I knew I did not have IBS because I dropped 40lbs in 2 months, that usually is NOT a sign of IBS and something inside me was just not satisfied with that dx.

Since money is an issue for you stay on the diet, but give it a few months to see an improvement. Some docs out there do accept an improvement on the gluten-free diet as a way of testing and will not give you a hard time about it and if they do.... oh well, it's your body and your health!

You take care!