#1 Cornhusker

Cornhusker

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:51 AM

Hi,

Quick question. I've been receiving treatment for elbow tendinitis for the past couple weeks. In addition to the icing, streaching, and strength training, they have been treating my elbow with dexamethasone (synthetic steroid anti-inflammatory) delivered via iontophoresis (driving the drug via electrical stimulation from a patch, through the skin, to the target area).

The drug itself is gluten-free. The delivery method should be no problem for those with celiac. The delivery method is also praised for it's ability to reduce/eliminate side effects normally associated with ingestion or injection delivery of the same drug.

Has anyone else done this treatment? My digestion has been somewhat unsettled since commencing the treatment. Nothing crippling. Not a gluten reaction. But has anyone else experienced minor discomfort from this treatment? GI issues? Fatigue?

Thanks.
I am NOT a celiac. I have Celiac Disease, but it is not who I am.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lorka150

lorka150

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:30 PM

Hi Cornhusker,
I hope you improve soon.
I haven't used that in particular, but I wanted to say that since going gluten-free, any medication in general has been much stronger. I don't ever really take anything, but even 1 tylenol makes me a little woozy. Could it be that?
Gluten-free, Vegan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: