Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Endoscopy Results

2 posts in this topic

My 16 month old had her scope yesterday. All went as well as could be expected. My daughter was given fentanyl (morphine type for pain) and versed as an amnesiac. She did great once the drugs kicked in. I did great once I had her back in my arms again. :lol: The scope revealed a very nice looking esophagus and stomach lining but her duodenum (leading section of the small intestine) didn't fare as well. It showed some signs of bleeding and looked "ratty" as described by the GI. I forgot to ask afterward, but before the procedure he told me he'd take a minimum of 10 samples from various locations. He is convinced based upon what he saw (and the fact that her eczema had a major flare up yesterday) that it is a food allergy and still holding to the idea that it is not appearing to be celiac disease. We will know more when the biopsy comes back. There is a possibility that it could be a bacteria, but the labs will have to reveal that. He wanted to go down the list of the big 8 food allergens and consider the next step in eliminating them from her diet. I told him that beyond the milk and egg, the allergist has us avoiding all nuts, fish, and shellfish. He said, "Well, that would have been the next step, but it sounds like he has you on the right track." He also mentioned a few different meds she could take to counteract whatever allergen is irritating her intestines. But for now he said that we should continue what we've been doing and then we'll talk once the results come in. I sure hope there's something revealing in those biopsies. Anyway, there's our little update.

Jen

I'm glad they were able to see what was going on in her intestine. I hope that the biopsies will reveal what is truly going on so she can get better. Good luck with the results and keep us posted!