Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac And Diabetes

1 post in this topic

I saw a posting for someone in here that had Celiac and diabetes and im new at this and wondered how you deal with having both and where you get recipes?

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I'm actually scared to go to the doctor and could use some advice
      Make sure both you & your mom get the full celiac blood panel. Here it is: Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgA
      Anti-Gliadin (AGA) IgG
      Anti-Endomysial (EMA) IgA
      Anti-Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
      Total Serum IgA   
      Also can be termed this way: Endomysial Antibody IgA
      Tissue Transglutaminase IgA 
      GLIADIN IgG
      GLIADIN IgA
      Total Serum IgA 
      Deamidated Gliadin Peptide (DGP) IgA and IgG
      Hi Elle I just wanted to add, I too have had that burning pain, in my case it was on the left hand side of my torso, which wrapped round from my back to the front of my ribs in a line.  It went on for months.  I was given various possible diagnoses although my brother in law thought it might be shingles without the rash (he is a GP).  Zoster sine herpete.   Yo may wish to look it up.  Obviously I am not a medical person and can't diagnose online  but it could be worth considering. That said, continue with your quest to rule out (or rule in) celiac and keep us posted. Hugs
      Thank you to EVERYONE for the thoughtful and caring responses to my questions. I can't tell you how much it means to me. Bless you for taking the time to help others through their time of fear. As stupid as this sounds, I am actually not terribly worried about a Celiac disease diagnosis. I would be happy to know that I can change my diet and make myself feel better, and I enjoy cooking and preparing simple, whole foods and love fruits and veggies, so maybe it would not be as hard to transition for me as it would be for some. What I fear more are some other diagnoses related to the nerve symptoms I am experiencing. But honestly, all of the research I have done has turned up nothing that more closely matches my symptoms than some kind of vitamin deficiency (like the B12, zinc and D that I have previously been diagnosed deficient in). It may well be as simple as being on acid-reducing drugs for way too long. I just find it kind of hard to believe that can lead to the weird tingling and crawling feelings, and this odd pain on my arm that is the newest and loveliest symptom I have had. It feels like the skin is aching/burning, but I have no visible rash and it does not hurt when touched. I have never had shingles, but I would imagine it feels a bit like this when it first begins. I wrote to my GP and asked if she can do the Celiac blood test or if I have to go to a gastro. If the latter, I asked for a referral. I will start there instead of a neurologist. But I am ready to start somewhere so I can figure out what's happening here. Mom is getting a Celiac test ASAP too. I have read that a person can have Celiac but not start to experience symptoms until a stressful event occurs. Interesting that I started having symptoms at the point when I was so overworked and unhappy in my job that I finally began to realize I was going to have to find something else after 16 years. Between that and moving, maybe that has been a stressor. I have had anxiety and GERD and a benign irregular heartbeat for many, many years. We will see if it's all somehow related :-/
    • newbie diagnosed mom - testing 8 yr old now
      No judgement here on your situation. Unfortunately it's not uncommon (sadly).   A full blood panel isn't the only step for diagnosis in kids. For a variety of reasons there really should be a biopsy should the blood work warrant it. While NO procedure on your kiddo is "minor", an upper GI is relatively easy for the kiddo (I think all the waiting for the parents was the hardest for us!)  There is no open wound, minimal risk of infection and so on.  DS was 3 1/2 when he had his last endo and again, harder for me. 
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Jmg  »  admin

Hello Admin!
      I don't know whether this is of interest to post on your articles feed:
      http://pratt.duke.edu/about/news/window-guts-brain
      Kind Regards,
      Matt
      · 2 replies
    • celiac sharon  »  cyclinglady

Hello cycling lady, have you noticed my picture is showing up as you?  Have no idea why but it's rather disconcerting to see my picture and your words 😉  Do you know how to fix it?  You seem to have far more experience with this board than I do
      · 1 reply
    • Larry Gessner  »  cyclinglady

Hi There, I don't know if there is a place for videos in the forum. I just watched "The Truth About Gluten" I think it is a good video. I would like to share it somewhere but don't know where it should go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Here is the link if you have never watched it.
      https://youtu.be/IU6jVEwpjnE Thank You,
      Larry
      · 2 replies
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    caretothepeople