No replies to this topic

#1 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 12:18 PM

My celiac disease symptoms were misdiagnosed as 'gastritis', 'IBS' and even 'eating disorders', until I finally self-diagnosed and then got Enterolab tests at age 56. However after abstaining from gluten and getting diagnosed with other food allergies and abstaining from those allergens, I STILL had ongoing symptoms. Stool tests (DNA Microbial) diagnosed me with gut 'bugs' like bacteria, parasites and candida. During the past 4 years I have been diagnosed with and treated for klebsiella (bacteria), enterobacter cloacae (bacteria), cryptosporidia (parasite), candida (fungus), clostridium difficile (c-diff bacteria) and now achromobacter (bacteria). I successfully eliminated each of the previous bacteria with various antibacterial botanicals (like caprylic acid), antifungal, antibiotic and antiparasitic drugs. Now I'm taking caprylic acid again for my latest bacteria (achromobacter).

So my questions are:

Were any of you diagnosed with celiac disease after age 55 (and years of misdiagnoses for symptoms?

If so, did you have continued symptoms which were later diagnosed as intestinal dysbiosis or 'gut infections' from bacteria, parasites and/or candida or other yeasts?

Did you have more than one of those infections? Which ones? Did you successfully eliminate those 'bugs' with treatment? Botanical or drug treatments?

Do you believe that having undiagnosed celiac disease for so long (until after age 55) made you more susceptible to those 'gut infections'?

I would like to hear specifically from celiacs diagnosed after age 55. Thanks.

SUE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: