1 reply to this topic

#1 june27

june27

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

We are planning a trip to Club Med, Turks - I have been doing a lot of on-line research and it sounds like they should be prepared to deal with gluten-free diet. I was curious if anyone had been (to any Club Med), and what their experience was. I am also curious if there is any special precautions that I should be taking before going - this will be my first big trip (more than a weekend) since my diagnosis, so I am feeling a bit of anxiety...

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 june27

june27

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I just thought I would update now that I have returned from my trip. We had a great time and no food issues. I would find the chef every day when I went to the meal area, and he would give me a 'tour' of what I could and could not eat. On days when there wasn't much to offer (Asian night had soy sauce in everything), he would go get a clean pan and have someone make a special batch of the main dish without the soy sauce.

It was a buffet, so you do need to be smart about things. For example, I didn't put any of the tuna on my salad because I saw someone using the tuna tongs to make a sandwich with it. The good thing about this club med, so you don't needs to worry about kids double-dipping with the spoons. I know that adults are not above doing this, but I think no kids does reduce the risk.

There were times that there were items that I would like to have tried that were not gluten-free, but I always had something tasty to eat and never had any issues...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: