2 replies to this topic

#1 megansmommy

megansmommy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Please help? My daughter (10), was diagnosed with Celiac 2 years ago, and has been eating Gluten Free ever since.
She has gone great for the last two years, her symptoms all dissappeared. But for some reason for the last 2 months,
she has been having frequent regurtitation, 2-3 times a week. Just small amounts, along with upset tummy.
I know everything she is eating is gluten free, and there has been no cross contamination.

At first we thought it was acid reflux, but she was put on an acid reducing medicine, and it hasnt gotten any better.
Is this something normal for Celiac sufferers? This was one of her symptoms of Celiac before she was diagnosed,
but it has been gone for 2 years, and is now showing up again. Is it just part of the disease, or should I push the Dr further?

Has anyone else experienced frequent regurgitation, even while eating gluten-free?

Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hi Megan's Mommy,

I used to have that problem fairly often even after going gluten-free. Sometimes I wouldn't be able to swallow food or it would come back up after a short while. I had to eliminate some other foods before it stopped. I also had problems with H. Pylori repeatedly. If the antacids aren't helping, please take her off them. Low stomach acid can let H. Pylori and other undesireable pathogens survive and thrive. That's not good for anyone.

You may need to put her on an elimination diet. Dairy is a likely problem, but so are the other top allergens. Nightshades, soy, corn, eggs, and others are reported as problems by people on the forum.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,945 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

There are a few usual suspects for this...
H. Ployri
parasites
hernia
Eosinophilic Esophagitus
(I can't remember the full list)

Get back into the Pediatric Gastro ASAP! You want to diagnose and fix what is going on.

This is exactly how my daughter who was diagnosed Celiac at 17 months old, gluten free diet for a little over 4 years, symptoms started late summer/fall was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitus when she was 6 years old. ( You have to get a scope done before an airborne "trigger" might not be active and the damage might heal so you could miss the diagnoses only to have it "flare" again next fall.
Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: