Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Gluten Free Summer Camp Information

1 post in this topic

Here is information that provides summer camp information, although it does request a donation for support... it's still good information for kids with Celiac Disease to have a great time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Muscle pain
      Not yet.  I'm assuming that will all happen when I visit the GI in January.  Im sort of in Limbo b/c my family doc wanted to refer me out, but I couldn't get for awhile.  So I feel really on my own.
    • Diagnostic frustration. Help!
      Hi there, I just got my celiac gene results back and I am positive, I carry the gene. I have taken matters in my own hands by healing my gut with chiroprator care. I feel amazing after 34 days of autoimmune paleo. However I am frustrated the doc will only diagnose celiac with biopsy. Does anyone  happen to know if having family history of celiac, having several of celiac symptoms, having the celiac gene, all of symptoms disappearing after eating gluten free and  can ONLY be gluten sensitive?? My 3 yr old daughter looking back maybe celiac, she failed to thrive, had acid reflux/colic as baby (she was breastfed, and I was eating gluten then) and now she has tummy aches, loose stool, grey/white color which concerns me. Her peditriacian is waiting to see what is going on with me to do any testing sinces she's 3. I feel overwhelmed that Id have to feel crappy for several weeks for a biopsy, which I am currently not considering. I have a 1 yr and 3 yr old who both need me, and need me well. Sorry for all the info, I am trying to find answers......
    • Gluten withdrawal?
      Not everyone feels better overnight. Some people that have had problems for years and then go gluten free, a lot of damage has already been done, so it makes sense that it takes longer to improve their health.  In the case of coeliacs, which may or may not be the same for you,  damage is done not only to the gut, but other areas are affected, for example, anaemia, malabsorption of nutrients, hair loss, bone thinning, muscle weakness etc., and these things don't disappear overnight.  I found my gut problems improved, but also had withdrawal symptoms, including vomiting after meals.  Everyone is different and you can't compare yourself with others. Carry on with your gluten free eating plan as things should settle down eventually. 
    • Numbness, Tingling in limbs & Joint Aches
      So, my joint pain/aches, muscles soreness got worse after I wrote my original post. I  even ended up having breathing issues too for a few days (hard to describe). The breathing problems finally faded late last night though my chest still feels a little sore. My joints are feeling a little better too. Unfortunately, I don't know what is going on with me. I've gotten similar joint pain/aches before recently, but it's been milder (perhaps a day or two at a time). It happened for over a week this time.   At least I already have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. If anyone has an idea between now and 11/30 12pm CST, let me know so I can bug my doctor about it. Thanks for the information, IcelandGirl. I found several articles on pubmed confirming the sort of numbers you mentioned (at least, where doctors should aim for when medicating patients!). I'll be sure to ask my doctor about my test results, perhaps she'll order a full panel.
    • Pie Crust Recipes
      Thanks Ladies!!!  I can't wait to try the recipe!  I think I will also go back to fluffing the crust by hand.  I hopefully won't have to bring out the steak knives for my next pie   
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member