Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

w8in4dave

Hand Tremors

Ok I have been noticing my hand tremors, I always used to pride myself on my hand writing and now my hand tremors, I even cut myself off of caffeine, thinking I was drinking too much tea in the am. I went to my friends and showed her a pic on my phone. She asked me why I was so shaky, I don't know it's just my hands. What the heck? What eles do I have to look forward to with Celiac Disease? Do you think it is stemming from my Folic Acid being low? I have been on 1 mg of Folic Acid a day since seeing my Dr. My Dr. Also said I have RA. Well mostly it is my Shoulders that hurt. My knees sometimes but I had my knee reconstructed. Also in the AM my eyes are so RED swollen, I get up they start watering like crazy! burn like wild fire! I know I just went to the eye Dr. And have healthy eyes. Allergies maybe? Right now it is 9;30 pm. My hands are not shaking. In the Am they will be. I have Started my Zyrtec back because I was starting to get hives again. Not like before, just very lightly. On my inner thighs. I thought taking the Folic I was feeling better then, I don't know, the zap of energy I got just up and went. I don't think I am getting Glutened. At my wits end, tired of Drs. thinking I am just a tired housewife. I  

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

How is your thyroid?

My Dad and his family have hand tremors. Just a nuisance and it is genetic. They do not have Parkinson's. Bobble Head Syndrome runs in my family too. Yes, it is a real disorder!

Non-functioning Gall bladder Removal Surgery 2005

Diagnosed via Blood Test and Endoscopy: March 2013

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis -- Stable 2014

Anemia -- Resolved

Fractures (vertebrae): June 2013

Osteopenia/osteoporosis -- June 2013

Allergies and Food Intolerances

Diabetes -- January 2014

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

Ok I have been noticing my hand tremors, I always used to pride myself on my hand writing and now my hand tremors, I even cut myself off of caffeine, thinking I was drinking too much tea in the am. I went to my friends and showed her a pic on my phone. She asked me why I was so shaky, I don't know it's just my hands. What the heck? What eles do I have to look forward to with Celiac Disease? Do you think it is stemming from my Folic Acid being low? I have been on 1 mg of Folic Acid a day since seeing my Dr. My Dr. Also said I have RA. Well mostly it is my Shoulders that hurt. My knees sometimes but I had my knee reconstructed. Also in the AM my eyes are so RED swollen, I get up they start watering like crazy! burn like wild fire! I know I just went to the eye Dr. And have healthy eyes. Allergies maybe? Right now it is 9;30 pm. My hands are not shaking. In the Am they will be. I have Started my Zyrtec back because I was starting to get hives again. Not like before, just very lightly. On my inner thighs. I thought taking the Folic I was feeling better then, I don't know, the zap of energy I got just up and went. I don't think I am getting Glutened. At my wits end, tired of Drs. thinking I am just a tired housewife. I  

Did the shaking start after taking Zyrtec again?  Are your eyes better after starting Zyrtec?

Colleen

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*Multiple AI Diseases

*General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

smiley-face-making-cocktail.gif

Join eNewsletter

I noticed you mentioned your hands weren't shaking at 9:30pm, but they would be in the A.M.

Is it before you eat breakfast, or shortly after?

I only ask because I tend to get shaky hands when I haven't had anything to eat for a while. I am guessing it has something to do with blood sugar. That could possibly explain why you shake in the morning, but not at night after dinner. I did ask my doctor about it, because it happens to me if I wait too long between any meal and he didn't seem concerned, but told me to eat small frequent meals or snack frequently and it does help me with that shaky feeling.

Grateful to be correctly diagnosed at 40.

Likely misdiagnosed since childhood.

Blood test and Biopsies positive for Celiac Disease.

Gluten Free Since 10/9/13.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. ~ Dalai Lama

Join eNewsletter

All of the above suggestions are good. If you haven't had your thyroid checked...it could be that. When I get hyper my hands tremble. I do get shaky when my blood sugar gets low too.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

Join eNewsletter

I get shaking hands too.  If I hold a fork, chances are it is trembling a bit.  It does get worse when I am hungry or have been eating sugar or more caffeine than usual.  

For me, I think it is pretty harmless.  They've been shaking for many years and it hasn't got much worse.

Hang in there. :(

Nicole 

"Acceptance is the key to happiness."

ITP - 1993

Celiac - June, 2012

Hypothyroid - August, 2012

CANADIAN

Join eNewsletter

We have this in our family.   Seems to get worse in my case when I am low on sugar.  And of course when I am anxious.  I have noticed an older relative of mine has it and it has got worse with age.   But it isn't Parkinsons.

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

My Mom has an essential tremor (it's a thing. look it up), which is hereditary and gets worse with age. I'm not sure if it's directly related, but Mom has Celiac and thyroid problems. She says it does get worse when she's tired/stressed. I can probably look forward to it in 20 years.

~ Be a light unto yourself. ~ - The Buddha

- Gluten-free since March 2009 (not officially diagnosed, but most likely Celiac). Symptoms have greatly improved or disappeared since.
- Soy intolerant. Dairy free (likely casein intolerant). Problems with eggs, quinoa, brown rice

- mild gastritis seen on endoscopy Oct 2012. Not sure if healed or not.
- Family members with Celiac: Mother, sister, aunt on mother's side, aunt and uncle on father's side, more being diagnosed every year.

Join eNewsletter

Thanks for the info everyone! I will look that up Pegleg84. I guess I have a few things to look up! Thanks! 

Recovering Gluten Eater 

DX'd June 17th 2013

Join eNewsletter

Ive had essential tremor since I was hmmm maybe it was 3rd grade? So much for ever going into a surgical theatre, right!  Its just genetic fo rme and no real big deal.  People comment on it when I have not had anything to eat and it is more prominent. I am 39 now and it has not really gotten "worse" per se... It will suck when I am much older I guess... ah well....

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter