Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

picketyfence

Business Ideas in the Gluten/Celiac/Workout Realm?

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

1 hour ago, picketyfence said:

Im trying hard to think of business ideas dealing with Gluten / Celiac / Working out / Wellness areas. ...or maybe how to find jobs working for such companies, meal kits, etc?

Ideas???

I started a gluten free cottage home bakery years ago, there were none, and I started making dedicated gluten free goods and selling at farmers markets. Later transitioned to grain free and gluten free, and now mostly do keto versions of stuff so I can also enjoy them.
This year I founded a new company for doing catering and am getting a food truck next year to start a dedicated gluten free food truck and catering service with a focus on Paleo diet with Stir Fry, Bunless Burgers, and breakfast menus. We tried some other things but was not cost effective enough to cover overhead.

Business really depends on location, when I did a plain focus on gluten free baking in a small town with only a few other people on the diet sales just covered my own food expenses on top of what I sold. Let me live and survive but no huge income. The change to more of a Paleo based catering seems to take off, just hit and miss with weather ruining several events this month.

You could also look at being a health coach? Do be careful with all theses areas, know what your doing and take precautions and cover your self for liability issues. Always have disclosure and be upfront and truthful.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter