This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

It all went well but still no answers except the good ones..no cancer, no polyps, but no other answers. She took some many biopsy.

Well for sure I'm very happy about those good answers! :)

Get some rest and I'll look forward to hearing the rest.

Sorry you did all that work and then lost the post :( .....I hate when that happens! :angry:

Yes....I think we are all happy and relieved to have our happy "ville" back. :)

Nite Judy. :wub:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
diamondheart Newbie
From my hubby.........yeah, it was mercury that shifted. :P

I asked my doctor what he thought, and he said, "It's all in uranus" :P .

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Laura....good luck tomorrow....I hope things go smoothly and that you're comforted by your mom being there with you. :)

Patti....I went back....sorry about the conjunctivitis (sp?) and the infection. :(

Hope the antibiotics knock it out and that your eye clears up quickly with meds.

Hopefully everything goes well with the house going up...and that things proceed without causing to much stress. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Its nice to have a Dr. who's got a sense of humor! :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

For anyone interested....here is Scott's new article in the Public Health Alert.

Its all about "detoxification" and its most important role in recovery.

He talks about why some of us get sick from Lyme...while others do not....and why some of us arent getting better .....while others are able to fully regain their health.

He talks about all the different things we can do to help ourselves get better. Its all stuff thats been previously discussed here but its very easy to understand in his well written article.

Open Original Shared Link

P.S.

The article doesnt only pertain to Lyme infections...it can apply to any chronic illness caused by toxic overload.

tom Contributor
Just spent I hr doing a post and :ph34r: lost it :ph34r:

was checking spelling.

OH!OH!OH!

This is where I think using that drop-down list of prev sites - attached to [bACK] button - saves EVERYTHING!!

I've done same on mine, when I think it's lost, but b00m there it all is.

No one checked when I last posted on saving all 'lost' postable portions?

AndreaB Contributor
It all went well but still no answers except the good ones..no cancer, no polyps, but no other answers. She took some many biopsy. I said make it count b/c you aren't seeing me in here again.

I'm happy about the good answers. :) Sorry you lost the post. That's so irritating when you spend the time typing it up and it's gone in a matter of seconds.

I'm glad our town is back too. :D

:lol::lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
For anyone interested....here is Scott's new article in the Public Health Alert.

Its all about "detoxification" and its most important role in recovery.

Thanks Rachel. :)

No one checked when I last posted on saving all 'lost' postable portions?

I haven't lost a post for awhile so I haven't checked whether anything would work to bring it back. The back button would be my first guess though.

mftnchn Explorer

Hey I have a scientificness question....

Just found a lab test result that my doctor did last January. It is for serum cysteine. 0.62 (reference range is 0.61-1.16 mg/dL) So my result was normal but just barely.

From what I can tell this has something to do with sulfur and also binding metals. Does anybody else know?

tom Contributor
I haven't lost a post for awhile so I haven't checked whether anything would work to bring it back. The back button would be my first guess though.

Mmmm-hmm, but my "solution" post exists only because hitting the [bACK] *button* will never work.

In between the page where [ADD REPLY] is clicked & the post on thread next-page-seen, there's a redirecting/"please stand by" page.

Drop-down box of pages last visited allows *skipping* the in-betw page, and going right to what someone meant to post.

Just hitting [bACK] when there's a "redirecting page" like this is like playing solo racquetball - the wall always wins.

Should I make a pic of this Drop-Down Box?

I think no one need "lose" a post again.

mftnchn Explorer
Right now I am working as a nursing assistant for 3 years and I like it. I am finishing up my degree in Psychology and English, at OSU. Then my masters in Psychology.

I decided I didnt want to become a nurse.

Do you find that its hard to choose a career?

I have a tendency to get excited about things and then change...

Hi, Christine.

I PM'd you about my profession. When you say OSU do you mean Oregon State U by any chance?

My career kind of unfolded, as I mentioned in my PM. I would have never dreamed that I am doing what I am now when I was in college! Then I kind of made an early mid-life change when I did my masters, but that fit in with where my family was at the time too. They all kinda sacrificed while I was studying those two years!

I think it is very normal to change when you are in your early twenties and still in school. Hopefully that focus will become more clear. Seems to me your plan fits what I sense about you.

Sherry

miamia Rookie
P.S.

I cant WAIT to start getting rid of these metals!!!! :D:D

8 more days. :)

Rachel-

Now seven days !!! I am so happy for you not only that you will be getting treatment but about how optimistic to sound. It says alot about who you are that after everyhting you have been through you still can be this way now!!! I can;t wait to hear about the treatment.

miamia Rookie
Im about to start drinking the barium.....who is not looking forward to this ;)

AHHHHHHH..not the barium!! This stuff scares me the last time i had to get a cat scan done i just coulden;t drink it they ended up giving me this hawaiin punch stuff I drank like gallons of sugeay sweet bright red liquid (i don't do good with sweet stuff) Needless to say it was not a good experience for me. Laura I am praying for you!!!!

miamia Rookie
Laura- Just wanted to say good luck tomorrow...barium-yuck <_<:(

Judy- I see you :wub: :wub: :wub: How'd it go?

BEV-

see you coulden't stay away from us - you need us like we need you- where else can you poop in? How are you feeling?

miamia Rookie

Judy-

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your appt. Its sounds like you were cleared for alot of the really scary stuff - thank god.

Ok so yesturday I had my third Chelation- I felt really bad again when i was getting it done and right after but this time the really bad seemed to last for only short time after the first time and the time i did the test I was horribly sick all night. So i think this is a good thing.

I also talk to my doctor while i was there and told him that the 3 thinkgs i am taking sometimes feel like too much so he told me to listen to my body . I said its hard to tell which is too much becasue i don't ussually start 3 things at the same time i always just do one so he said the most important is the Co Q10 so i am gonna make sure i get thta and do the others if i can but maybe not everyday or at least not on really bad days.

Ok my new thing is I really want to get an ionic foot bath done. I ahve not had a time to get an appointment becuase between chelation, physical theraly and various other appts. I don't have any free days but i am gonna try to get one next week. I can't wait to see all the gross stuff that comes out of my body ( i know i am a weirdo)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rachel,

I remember the barium, too! I could not hardly stand the stuff. I was only able to drink half of one of the three bottles. It was very chalky. They said it was vanilla flavored, but I did not taste any vanilla! However, I think one of those cute little umbrellas you were talking about would have helped! :lol:

(Sing to the tune of "If You Like Pina Colada")

If you like barium colada

And being in abdominal pain

If you are not into yoga

And need a reason to complain

Maybe I should wear a mask when I dust from now on. Do you think I should wear it while vaccuuming, too? It certainly could not hurt. Those dustmites are bad news! Anything that helps even a little bit is worth the effort!

The heavy metals really do appear to be connected to everything. I thought it was fascinating that herxes stopped upon administration of DMPS. I worry that I will never be able to get rid of the yeast without testing for metals. Of course, if I have Lyme, that can also be holding the yeast in there.

I wish I had money so I could get all of the testing I need done.

We are counting down with you until LED Day! :) It is only a week from now, right? That probably seems so far away for you! Anything you are anxious to do seems to take forever to get here! The anticipation can drive you nuts!

Dear Christina,

I am a psychology nerd as well! I am so glad you posted this stuff! It is going to be fun visiting these sites! Here is something interesting. You know how we were talking about toxic emotions and thoughts, and how they can impact our physical condition? I was flipping through channels yesterday morning, and saw Dr. Caroline Leaf on a religious program.

Her new book is about just that! It teaches you how your brain has physical changes that can be very harmful when you have negative thoughts. For instance, if you go to sleep with negative thoughts or toxic emotions, your memory can actually be erased by 75 percent! :o Our brain cells are a lot like tree branches, and chemicals like the stress hormone cortisol short circuit their proper function.

Considering we have 3 Million years worth of storage space in our brain, it would be quite tragic to not use it! Human beings normally only use about 5 percent of that in their entire lifetime! Is that cool, or what? I wish I could afford that book! Well, I might win the lottery. You never know!

Thank you for the Fungus Among Us! I had no idea it could be used to clean up the environment, and even destroy nuclear bombs until you told about it. Who would have thought? That type of fungus is quite common around here. I always wondered what it was called!

Dear Donna,

I know how you feel about the perfume. My mother wears it, and Dad wear cologne. They bother me something terrible. Then there is the cigarette smoke. All of these things make me wonder if I should just sit outside all day. There may be mold, pollen, cottonwood, grass, and other things I am allergic to, but the manmade chemicals seem worse for me!

Dear Carla,

I was so glad to hear about all of the progress you have made! I bet you did not expect to be reading as easily again. When you get brain fog, that makes everything take forever. You just sit and stare at the words. Finance apparently does that to everyone, not just me! That was a relief! :lol: My classmates were having the same trouble I found out!

Dear Patti,

OMG! Judy had a colonoscopy and endoscopy! Those are not fun! Been there, done that! I will not do it again, either! It is too hard on your body.

I am glad things went well with the realtor. It was wise to wait on the antibiotics. Those do not agree with a lot of people. They give many diarrhea. My mother and brother do not tolerate them any better than I do.

Thank you for sending good energy for Dad! He appreciates it greatly. I think he was surprised how close-knit we are on here! That is because Rachelvillians are good people! It is the best town in the world!

Huey Lewis was on Reba? When was that? I must have missed that episode. I watch the show when I can. It is great!

Dear Laura,

I had to drink barium for an abdominal CT before. The test itself was not bad at all. The tough part is drinking the barium. Can you say puh-too-ey?! All they really do is have you lay on a table and run you through this big thing that looks like a doughnut, and you have to hold your breath as they take the pictures. They tell you when to exhale.

Good luck on your test! I am sure you will do fine! We will be anxious for an update! What exactly are they looking for anyway? Incidentally, that was the first test I had run that my gallstone showed up in that the idiot doctor I had at the time missed. :rolleyes:

Dear tom,

I have tried the back button before. It did not work. I could not recover what I lost. Luckily, that has not happened often. Errors are common on here with that.

Your SJ trip sounded wonderful! You looked for apartments, and went on a couple of dates! Not bad! That is awful about you getting locked out! The people you stayed with really should have given you a key to borrow.

Dollface would never give anyone her address, especially Contrarian Spice! She really wants more than flowers and candy. No one knows why, but she is not the sentimental type. It probably has to do with her past. She really does not discuss it. There is a lot of anger in her.

Dear Judy,

That is terrible about your post being lost! That seems to happen to a lot of members on here. It could be the software used to set up the board. There are a number of possibilites here. Your idea to paste and copy from Word sounds like the best solution.

I am glad to hear you got through your test okay. Those procedures can be scary! I do not ever want to have one done again! Thank goodness no polyps or cancer! At least there is good news from that already! Hopefully, your villi are alright, too. Is there anything else they were looking for?

Dear Andrea,

Talitha's appointment is tomorrow, right? You guys are going to have to drive a bit. I suppose you will have to stay off of the computer for a while. 25.5 hours isn't it? That is only after the treatment, though, if I recall correctly.

Dear Claire,

What your doctor said is so funny! Uranus is a fun planet to say, for obvious reasons! You just enjoy it! Mercury is a different story entirely, and a troublemaker. Have you noticed something? That Mercury the planet and the metal are both problematic. Somehow, that does not seem to be a coincidence. <_<

Dear Sherry,

I wish I could say I could answer your question. I was wondering if you ever got that zinc. It seems to be very hard to find where you are at. That is kind of surprising. Rachel is probably on top of your question. If anyone would know the answer, she would!

Dear Bev,

We are so glad you pooped in! Maybe you will feel better soon. That ABX seems to mess up everyone who takes it. Have you ever been tested for metals? That might be increasing your reaction.

Dear Goosey,

It is nice to see you! Do not worry. Almost everyone has difficulty keeping this stuff straight.

Things can get confusing. We have about fifteen or so people regularly on here at a given time!

Dear Mia,

Your appointment sounds like it went well! It is great your doctor is listening to you. Many do not. I am glad to hear the chelation was not as hard on you this time. That is a good sign!

The ionic footbath does not seem like a bad idea. Those are neat! I have no idea if anyone does them here. Maybe some spas would. I suppose wanting see the gross stuff is just morbid curiousity, which we all seem to have!

Sincerely,

Jin

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel--Great article! I read it while I was eating my breakfast. Better than a newspaper :D

Andrea--I'm on Zithromiacin. It's taken for 5 days, but stays in the system for 10. I actually did fine last night. This morning, my stomach is still ok, but I feel very tired. Hopefully, that means they're working. ;);) Do you take Talitha this week?

Yea, I'm fine about the house. This has truly been my safe place (in the real world :P ) since I've been the sickest. I'm thinking that's why it feels a little "different".

The listing is going to be on-line. If anyone wants to take a look, I'll email you the link when it's up. He's not taking the pictures till Thursday or Friday, so I'm not sure when it will go on the net--probably another week or so.

Hi Miamia :) Good news about the chelation! I hope it will continue to get easier and easier. The ionic foot bath sounds intreguing. I was just reading yesterday about foot pads that draw off impurities.

I think your doctor is very smart to tell you to listen to your body ;)

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Should I make a pic of this Drop-Down Box?

Yes, PLEASE!!! I'm not sure what this Drop-Down Box is.

Rachel, good to see you back!

Jin, how are things with your dad? (And with you?)

Miamia, have you done these ionic foot baths before? Has anyone here done them? What were the results based on how you felt afterwards? My husband thinks it's just a way to get money from us, but he has been wrong before...

Patti, I missed why you need the antibiotic? I also can't remember your other (if any) food--can you intolerances. Can you have yogurt, or take probiotics with the antibiotic?

happygirl Collaborator

I'm finishing up the barium, and we'll be on our way out soon :).

Patti---I hope the abx is ok. Maybe this will surprise you---and you'll be ok? (hoping, hoping, hoping)

jerseyangel Proficient
Patti, I missed why you need the antibiotic? I also can't remember your other (if any) food--can you intolerances. Can you have yogurt, or take probiotics with the antibiotic?

Hi Alison--I have conjunctivitis (!), and an upper respiritory infection. I don't eat dairy, and I've not yet found a probiotic that dosen't make me sick.

I hate taking antibiotics, and my doctor is really good about letting me wait it out in case it's viral--which these things usually are. This time, I've been feeling out of sorts for over a month and I was feeling that it was getting worse instead of better, so I'm taking them along with abx drops for my eye.

jerseyangel Proficient
I'm finishing up the barium, and we'll be on our way out soon :).

Patti---I hope the abx is ok. Maybe this will surprise you---and you'll be ok? (hoping, hoping, hoping)

Oh Laura...I hope it all goes well for you today! :D

I shouldn't jinx it, but I feel ok. :)

jerseyangel Proficient

I forgot to say...most of the time when I "lose" a post, if I scroll down the very next page that comes up, the post that I just wrote is saved in a box. I copy and then paste it back into a new post.

I've done this several times lately--I keep hitting the wrong things on my laptop. <_<

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

GOOD MORNING DEAR DEAR FRIENDS IN RACHEL- VILLE :)

DOING CAPS..PLEASE FORGIVE!

WILL DO A POST ABOUT TEST SOON BUT RIGHT NOW JUST WANT TO PUT UP SOMETHING THAT WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT GOT LOST LAST NITE.

MIAMIA--I WANTED TO THANK YOU PERSONALLY FOR BEING THE ONE TO BRING OUR RACHEL BACK FROM VACATION. I KNEW SOMEONE COULD DO IT THANKS FOR BEING THE ONE WHO ACCOMPLISHED THE TASK ;)

Judy-

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your appt. Its sounds like you were cleared for alot of the really scary stuff - thank god.

THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS AND SO AGREE!

Ok so yesturday I had my third Chelation- I felt really bad again when i was getting it done and right after but this time the really bad seemed to last for only short time after the first time and the time i did the test I was horribly sick all night. So i think this is a good thing.

I also talk to my doctor while i was there and told him that the 3 thinkgs i am taking sometimes feel like too much so he told me to listen to my body . I said its hard to tell which is too much becasue i don't ussually start 3 things at the same time i always just do one so he said the most important is the Co Q10 so i am gonna make sure i get thta and do the others if i can but maybe not everyday or at least not on really bad days.

Ok my new thing is I really want to get an ionic foot bath done. I ahve not had a time to get an appointment becuase between chelation, physical theraly and various other appts. I don't have any free days but i am gonna try to get one next week. I can't wait to see all the gross stuff that comes out of my body ( i know i am a weirdo)

WHAT :rolleyes::o:blink::lol: OMG I'M SO OUT OF THE SCIENTIFICNESS LOOP :lol:

JIN--I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU TO HELP ME MAKE MY REPLIES EASIER THIS AM BEFORE COFFEE...WOOPS...JIM MY HUBBY, JUST BROUGHT ME A CUP..LIFE IS GOOD. :D

Dear Rachel,

We are counting down with you until LED Day! :) It is only a week from now, right? That probably seems so far away for you! Anything you are anxious to do seems to take forever to get here! The anticipation can drive you nuts!

DITO DITO

Dear Donna,

WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE SOLO ON AUG 5TH :lol: HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER TODAY

Dear Patti,

OMG! Judy had a colonoscopy and endoscopy! Those are not fun! Been there, done that! I will not do it again, either! It is too hard on your body.

AH SHE HAD HER ONE SHOT AT IT :lol:

I am glad things went well with the realtor.

DITTO PATTI SO GLAD AND ANXIOUS TO SEE YOUR MLS LISTING..WE'RE NOSEY IN RACHELVILLE :lol: *It was wise to wait on the antibiotics.

PATTI I FORGOT THAT THE 'Z' WORKED FOR ME ONCE...HOPE IT WILL FOR YOU.

I FORGOT TO PUT THAT ON MY LIST OF 'ONE' ON DRUGS I CAN TAKE'

Thank you for sending good energy for Dad! He appreciates it greatly. I think he was surprised how close-knit we are on here! That is because Rachelvillians are good people! It is the best town in the world!

I HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR YOUR DAD, JIN, I JUST WASN'T POSTING.

Dear Laura,

Good luck on your test! I am sure you will do fine! We will be anxious for an update! What exactly are they looking for anyway? Incidentally, that was the first test I had run that my gallstone showed up in that the idiot doctor I had at the time missed. :rolleyes:

DITTO DITTO..HI LAURA ...INTERESTING THAT THE GALLSTONES SHOWED UP. HATE THAT STUFF TOO HAD ABOUT 7 OF THOSE IN THE OLD ...IBS..DX DAY :ph34r:

Dear tom,HELLO DON'T KNOW YOU YET

Dollface DON'T KNOW HER EITHER???

Dear Judy,

That is terrible about your post being lost! Your idea to paste and copy from Word sounds like the best solution. yep..but thanks to your post i can write what i lost last nite

I am glad to hear you got through your test okay. Those procedures can be scary! I do not ever want to have one done again! Thank goodness no polyps or cancer! At least there is good news from that already! Hopefully, your villi are alright, too. Is there anything else they were looking for? THANKS AGAN FOR CARING

Dear Andrea,

Talitha's appointment is tomorrow, right? You guys are going to have to drive a bit. I suppose you will have to stay off of the computer for a while. 25.5 hours isn't it? That is only after the treatment, though, if I recall correctly.

HI AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE DRIVE AND 'T'S' APT. Dear Claire,

Dear Bev,

We are so glad you pooped in! Maybe you will feel better soon. That ABX seems to mess up everyone who takes it. Have you ever been tested for metals? That might be increasing your reaction. HI SWEETIE... THANKS FOR THE EMAIL HUGS AND POSITIVENESS'

Dear Goosey,

It is nice to see you! THANKS FOR YOUR NICE WORDS TOO

Dear Mia,

Your appointment sounds like it went well! It is great your doctor is listening to you. Many do not. I am glad to hear the chelation was not as hard on you this time. That is a good sign!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU RE THIS CHELATION

Sincerely, Jin

OMG THANKS JIN YOU SAVED ME SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH TIME

Rachel--Great article! I read it while I was eating my breakfast. Better than a newspaper :D

GOING TO PRINT IT NOW..GOOD MORING PATTI

Yea, I'm fine about the house. YEP, LEAVE THE 'SICKNESS' HOUSE AND GET THEE TO THE NEW NEST IN THE COUNTRY...IT WILL HAPPEN GIRLFRIEND

I forgot to say...most of the time when I "lose" a post, if I scroll down the very next page that comes up, the post that I just wrote is saved in a box. I copy and then paste it back into a new post.

I've done this several times lately--I keep hitting the wrong things on my laptop. <_<

THANKS PATTI...IF I LOSE THIS POST THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER ONE AS THE COFFEE CUP WILL BE HURLED INTO THE SCREEN AND THERE FORE NO MORE COMPUTER TIME FOR ME :lol:

LOVE YOU ALL AND KNOW WE HAVE OUR HAPPY PLACE UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

AND TO OUR SWEET LAURA..ONE MORE TIME....

PRAYERS ...LOTS OF THEM COMING YOUR WAY

JUDY...WHEW...DONE...

THANKS AGAIN JIN FOR LETTING ME HIJACK YOUR POST

mftnchn Explorer
I was wondering if you ever got that zinc. It seems to be very hard to find where you are at. That is kind of surprising.

Hi Jin. No I didn't find any. I'll do without for now I guess. Am trying some new things in the next month, soy free plus a couple of new things that my friends are bringing me. I'll get them the 7th of August. At least things are looking up right now, hope the trend continues.

Sherry

dlp252 Apprentice

Thinking of our Laura this morning!!!! Hoping all is going well. Hum, I've never had to drink the barium for any of my scans...I guess that's cuz they only scanned my head and maybe the barium doesn't head up that way. :lol:

Hi Judy! Glad things turned out okay for your scope... Now if we can just figure out what is wrong, lol! I'm feeling pretty good today so far, lol. No perfume yesterday and none today yet either. :P

Wow, Tom on DATES, going out and having fun. Amazing!

Haven't tried the drop down box, but then I haven't lost a post in a while either...I'll try to remember that though.

Patti - I agree, I always have mixed feelings about moving...it's exciting but sad at the same time. How are you feeling after the meds?

Okay, sorry, but dingo'd everything else... :ph34r:

Archived