This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I had always been told that when fungal infections are present the weather, like humidity for example will effect how you feel. Maybe that is what is going on.

It started raining here a few days ago....my head symptoms got noticeably worse. <_<

I feel better when its hot out. I dont know about humidity since we dont get alot of it here. I usually dont notice a worsening of symptoms during rain....but this time I did. It could have been anything else but isnt dampness suppossed to worsen candida symptoms? Maybe because this was the first big rain in awhile??

We all are anxious to find out how your chelation will do. Maybe the metals are finally moving! That would be wonderful!

I know you have been working so hard! Let us know how it goes with the IV and the excretion test results once you know.

Thanks for the encouraging words Jin. :)

You guys will be the first to know how things go. ;)

quick question.... how strict are you all when it comes to the inactive ingredients in prescriptions and supplements? in regards to dairy, soy, etc. or even gluten for that matter for those who are avoiding these foods generally speaking...

Charlie,

I guess I havent run into this all that much. The only prescription I have is for Armour thyroid which *might* have corn but I'm not too concerned.

As far as the supplements...my Dr.'s pretty much stick to the purest stuff available. Most of it isnt having any binders/fillers....definately not any of the main allergens like soy, corn, yeast, wheat, dairy, etc.

I know I have one supplement that has tiny amounts of wheat grass and oat grass. I dont have Celiac so I dont worry about it. Mainly because I'm muscle tested for all of these things anyway...I only take the dose that my body tests well for...I dont exceed that.

I guess I've probably gotten less stressed out about things since they started testing me for these things and the results I've had so far have been good. It makes me less fearful I think.

Thats my own situation though....and as you said each person is different.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matilda Enthusiast

Green12 Enthusiast
Hey peeps. :D

:lol::lol:

Now you are racheling the pink :D

Glad you are feeling happy and well, that is always a good sign.

Good luck with the IV tomorrow, you'll do great. Really it should fly by, listen to music or read, or both.

Carla, I really don't know.

I know with me once I get a dx I am convinced everyone else has it (i.e. CFS, celiac etc.) and they may very well, and your son very well may have lyme, but maybe not.

I guess my thoughts are behavioral issues can be caused by lots of different things, it could even be as simple as a diet change.

I would tend to go with simple first, and assume the worst only after ruling out other things.

Does that even make sense :blink:

I've been putting it off because I don't think any of you'll approve.

Matilda, we wouldn't disapprove. I personally believe everyone has to do what they think is best for themselves.

That being said you are right, detoxing can be serious business and it is advisable to be under some one's care, but I understand your hesitancy to go to yet another dr and get nowhere.

My suggestions to start off with would be exercise for lymph flow, lemon juice in warm water and cranberry juice are excellent to flush the system, getting as much nutrition as possible from your food, a good probiotic (sounds like you have that covered), a good multi-vitamin with all the essential vitamins and minerals, efa's...

The others might have additional thoughts.

Christine, I really don't have any answers for you. Just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you are still having difficulties.

Charlie,

When I took sinthroid and other thyroid meds a long time ago I got them from a compounding pharmacy in order to get them dairy free. I haven't taken any meds for a really long time so I personally don't have to worry about additional ingredients there

As for my supplements, I second what Rachel said, I get them tested against my allergy points (and several other points) for compatibility and take specific doses that my body needs, so a lot of the guessing work is taken out of the equation.

Green12 Enthusiast
It started raining here a few days ago....my head symptoms got noticeably worse. <_<

It could have been anything else but isnt dampness suppossed to worsen candida symptoms? Maybe because this was the first big rain in awhile??

I am thinking yes, since this is the environment the little buggers thrive in. So they are having a hey (hay?) day, partying it up, having a fiesta...and with their increased actitity we feel worse.

Interestingly enough (interesting to me anyway), in Chinese medicine yeast or candida inbalance is presented as dampness in the body, they create the damp environment.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I've got a ridiculously long list of things I'm thinking of trying. What do you think?

Matilda,

I think its all great! Just the fact that you are taking steps to improve your health and to understand some of the things that might be going on with your body is FANTASTIC. :)

None of us have all of the answers...the important thing is that we're trying to improve our situation and learning alot through the process.

I know so much about my body now!! I cant say this experience has been FUN....but there is definately alot of good stuff that comes along with taking charge of our health. :)

Chlorella is an excellent choice for detox. If you *just* did chlorella it would be very beneficial. If I could recommend only one thing to take for detox...it would probably be chlorella. Just make sure you're not sensitive to it. Hopefully, since you're not in bad shape you wont have as much problems with taking things as some of us do.

I think its something like 30% of people just dont tolerate chlorella well...so just pay attention to how your body responds to whatever it is you decide to take.

Its hard to recommend supplements not knowing what your body is really needing. I know Dr. Klinghardt has said that if he could only choose one supplement for people to take....it would be Biopure organic freeze dried garlic. I havent tried it myself. :)

Heres a list I think is pretty good.

For parasites:

Dr. Natura Colonix

(I've heard great things about things about this cleanse....its kind of expensive though)

For yeast:

A good quality probiotic

Pau d'arco

Uva ursi

Grapefruit seed extract

Biotin <------this is my own experiment based on some stuff I read :)

All purpose bug killers (viruses, bacteria, fungi,)

Banderol

Samento

Cumanda

(these are all good and can also give you an indication of whether or not you're dealing with any infections. If you felt some worsening of symptoms it would indicate that the herbs are targeting an infection.)

Kidney support during detox:

Burdock or dandelion tea

Liver support:

Milk thistle

(you could also help your liver detox with castor oil packs....even coffee enemas if you're brave. :) )

Heavy Metal Detox:

Chlorella

Algas Metal Detox (Nutramedix)

Multi-minerals

Vitamin C helps flush the body

A good quality undenatured whey protein (if off of cow dairy there is a good brand of goat whey)

Misc.:

Vitamins

Minerals

Trace Minerals

General Detox:

Epsom salt and baking soda baths

Magnesium, B6, Zinc

OxyPowder (if you have trouble with constipation)

This is a shortened list of what my own Dr. uses. :)

I'm glad you are feeling positive and hopefully it wont take much to get you closer to feeling 100%. :)

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Gulp! Carla, I've come a way in my thinking, but haven't come that far!

Oooops. :lol:

Just skip over that part in my post. :P

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Good luck with the IV tomorrow, you'll do great. Really it should fly by, listen to music or read, or both.

Thanks Julie. I was planning on bringing a book. I have no idea why I didnt even think about bringing music!! I'll definately be doing that.....thanks for suggesting it. :)

That being said you are right, detoxing can be serious business and it is advisable to be under some one's care, but I understand your hesitancy to go to yet another dr and get nowhere.

Ditto. :)

Matilda...I forgot to mention exercise!!!

Imagine that. :rolleyes:

I'm not too good at incorporating this very important part of healing into my own regime. :ph34r:

Carla,

I would have him tested.

Since you're aware that you had Lyme during all of your pregnancies I think it cant hurt to be cautious when there are any signs of chronic symptoms.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
Tomorrow I go in for my IV....to see how well I can tolerate them. EEEEK....I am scared. :ph34r:

I will be wearing pink though. ;)

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow afternoon. Hope all goes well and I'll be waiting for the update.

I remember the bouce guy too. :lol:

Hey, what's your opinion?

It could very well be lyme for him too. He may also have a problem with metals with the ADHD but the rage doesn't fit that picture and I wouldn't think the augmentin would have an effect like that unless it was something like lyme.

Definately let us know what the doctor says.

How's Chloe been doing? Have her herxes gotten better?

Matilda Enthusiast

confusedks Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

It's great to see everyone's progress. It is motivating because one day that WILL be me!!!

I had a really hard day today, emotionally and physically. I forgot to take my salmon oil and BIG MISTAKE!!!!! OMG...I had no idea that it made such a difference. I came home and fell asleep for 2 hours and I just peeled myself off the couch (hours later!) I am taking the PSAT tomorrow which freaks me out because the last time I took it I fell asleep during the actual test!!! So, let's hope that doesn't happen. I don't know if I already said this, but we called a GI Dr. and the nurse called us back saying it would take a month to get in, but we're going to call and try to get in sooner because I want to rule ulcers, etc. out to make sure that's not what's causing my GI symptoms. If we go to her and we don't get answers...then my mom agreed I will get tested for Lyme.

Also, we had another roof leak and it ruined my $1500 Great Chair (armchair) from Pottery Barn <_<:angry:. It is moldy and we also had a leak on the stairs and you can see white mold growing! I am so worried this is screwing my health over! Our landlord won't do anything and we called the health dept. but they said that unless its black mold, they can't do anything!

Rachel,

That is very interesting about the swollen face. I have had a "puffy" face for years! We can't get rid of it EVER, no matter the "allergy" meds I take. It doesn't go away. Hmm... ;)

Carla,

I don't remember if I replied to your post or not (stupid brain fog!) but I do know that we are seemingly treating everything individual of everything else, instead of as one big picture. Unfortunately, it all comes down to money. If I was able to do this on my own, I totally would. I wouldn't be going to the regular dr's, but that's what our crappy insurance covers.

Tom,

I know you said this a long time ago, but there was nothing in the apple sauce other than apples and water. It was organic from TJ's. Also, the pasta was just Tinkyada. The applesauce hurt, but the soup didn't. Also, we made snickerdoodle cookies with a Namaste mix and those didn't bother my stomach. Wouldn't that have been like a Thanksgiving feast for the little yeast bugs?!!

Jin,

I do think Candida is a possibility but I definitiely think it's WAY deeper than that. I think that would be a band-aid. Also, I was muscle tested and it said I don't have a problem with yeast. It could have been wrong, but I don't think it is.

Well, I am going to go to bed (without having done ANY hwk!) because I am so tired!

Kassandra

christine 25 Newbie
Its basically caused by the toxic overload. Yeast especially seems to be a huge stressor to the lymphatic system....but all toxins are playing a role.

I take a homeopathic for lymph drainage.

You can read about the importance of the lymphatics here..

I know that alot of us posted that we experience worse swelling/imflammation on the left side. I read that the left side carries more fluid than the right...which is why we have worse swelling on the left side.

]

Thanks for the info.

Wow, I have more swelling on the left side of my face, its barely noticable.

Yogurt causes henious swelling ive noticed, is that bad or good for yeast?

Do you have a problem with rice, brocolli, or beans?

I tend to do okay with little amounts of ground turkey, some chesse here and there, rice, and some other things i cant really think right now...

I was bad and ate at Wendys yesterday, chili and a baked potato, and...

chicken nuggets !

they werent even that good, but I noticed how salty they were and stopped eating them.

(I dont usually eat fast food)

Whoa today I woke up with this weird clogged ear feeling, like I wanted to pop them, but they wont like when your on a plane, feeling. It still feels that way now. I know it will pass tho, and ill feel better soon.

I really need lympathic help! I want to become more fluid. I might get tested for hypercoagulation...not sure yet.

I find that exercise helps increase the flow, but sometimes when I work out harder, I get more pain, its weird. Walking has been nice, I walk pretty fast.

goodnight

luv yall

AndreaB Contributor
I don't know if I already said this, but we called a GI Dr. and the nurse called us back saying it would take a month to get in, but we're going to call and try to get in sooner because I want to rule ulcers, etc. out to make sure that's not what's causing my GI symptoms. If we go to her and we don't get answers...then my mom agreed I will get tested for Lyme.

I'm glad you're going to rule out ulcers and that your mom agreed to lyme testing if that doesn't pan out. Just remember that the idea is to rule things in or out and get to the bottom of everything.

Sorry you had a bad day. Don't forget the fish oil in the morning and good luck on the PSAT!

I find that exercise helps increase the flow, but sometimes when I work out harder, I get more pain, its weird. Walking has been nice, I walk pretty fast.

From everything I understand you don't want to work out hard and it sounds like the rebounding would be a good thing for you to try.

Matilda,

Sounds like you've got some good things in line. Keep us posted on how you're doing. :)

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

It is a good thing I ran out of the Katoos, or I would still be wolfing them down! :lol: I definitely do not need the sugar! That makes the yeast way too happy! Oreos certainly were a favorite of mine. I always used to twist them apart, then dunk each side in milk.

They always had to be the uniced side first. Then, the iced side would be dunked. Katoos fulfill a very important purpose! :lol: After all three of them (or four) were gone, drinking the milk (now soymilk) was done. I also have a very detailed and methodical procedure for Reese Cups. ;) I am glad you only ate 6 before the rest were gone of the Katoos! Everyone else helped prevent you racheling them!

Since you were born before Rachel, maybe it is Donna-ing? What is the difference between Donna-ing and Racheling? Now that is a serious worry. How are we supposed to know if we Donna-ed or Racheled something? This requires some deep thought. Ah, yet another great mystery of life! :P

Being under water sounds so scary! Submarines would not be my thing. They are too small! ATV rides would be something I could go for. Anything involving heights is also a no-no.

Soy gas bombs it is! Grenades could work. You must be prepared upon entering the cookie aisle. I know tom will be waiting with his HazMat suit. We need something that can penetrate his suit. How about darts loaded with deadly soy serum?

I know how you feel there with the beach! Nobody said you cannot be clothed instead. I would not be caught dead in a bathing suit with this body I have right now! Maybe some day I will be in better shape again. So far, not much has helped. That 6 Week Body Makeover might do the trick.

I am surprised you did not notice my typo! I am so picky, and probably to the point it is ridiculous, but that bothered me! I am a perfectionist, and it drives other people crazy. After I get my new glasses, typos should no longer be missed! You just never know how bad your eyesight is until stuff like that starts to be noticed.

It amazes me how so many people doing professional work do not care about the quality of their work. The worst part of that for co-workers is they end up having to redo the work. That is frustrating. Being a perfectionist, it drives me nuts when people do not care. Quality control on products being manufactured has gone way down in recent years. Vehicles, foods, and toys all a few of the numerous items having to be recalled because they were not made right the first time and are dangerous. I am just glad you will not be blamed for any errors your co-worker might have made on that document.

Magnesium may not have been contributing to your issues as much. Everyone has a different system. I will not know until I try out a supplement for a while. They can take a bit before they actually start to work. The good thing is, it should not hurt anything. Your cravings may have been from the yeast, which is notorious for that. Mine may be as well.

I am sorry to hear you did not sleep as well the other evening. The workout video was probably what did it. Walking is not always enough to make us tired. Sometimes more vigorous exercise is needed. I rarely sleep poorly on days where I have done a lot of housework.

Black is my favorite color I think lately. It makes me feel thinner. Black slacks are great, because you can wear any shirt or blouse with them. If you have black, you always have something that goes with it. Basics are best. Khaki is another all-purpose shade I like. White, gray, and jeans of all kinds are very helpful to build a wardrobe as well. Versatility is important to me.

Dear Carla,

It is so funny how the Vicodin does not knock you out lately. I am glad you only take it when you absolutely need it. There is a possibility the reason Vicodin is giving you energy is due to it alleviating the pain. Pain can cause severe fatigue, especially chronic pain. Having Fibromyalgia, I can relate to that.

Your son does sound like a good candidate for Lyme. Having him tested could not hurt. The worst that happens is he does not have it. In the event that he does, it is best it is caught early, before things get any worse. I probably have ADHD, but never was put on medication, and really would prefer not to be.

Adam probably is worn out from the travel. There is a lot of stress involved. I bet he is glad to be back home! He was gone for three weeks, right? No wonder is exhausted!

Dear Andrea,

That is a good point about the headaches. I had decreased my caffeine intake, and that may have triggered it. I ate a chocolate bar again yesterday, and had no migraine. There is something to this. I am not sure if it is the caffeine or the magnesium, or maybe a bit of both. Interestingly, I read somewhere that chocolate cravings often precede a migraine.

I hope my eye doctor appointment goes well, too! I pray I get through it without puking or passing out. My blood pressure has been low and I have not been doing well lately. Feeling like you are going to pass out all of the time is scary, and nausea makes things worse. Promethazine is the only thing that helps it. I also have been thinking about the nausea and Neurally Mediated Hypotension being connected somehow.

On the site I was reading, they said nausea can be caused by it. Maybe mine is more unbearable because my blood pressure is low? NMH is a miscommunication between the heart and brain. I wonder if blood flow being restricted to the stomach is causing the queasiness to be worse. They said on that Web site that NMH sufferers often feel dizzy after meals because all of the blood flow goes to the stomach to aid digestion.

Dear Patti,

I only check my supplements and medications for gluten, too. I typically do not worry about other ingredients. Maybe I should. There could be other sensitivities that are not identified yet. Maybe I will not have any others. Keep your fingers crossed!

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for the supplements list! Those are very good to know about. All purpose is something I look for a lot in things. Having to swallow a trillion pills can be a nuisance. The detox link is great, too! I need to read more of that later today!

I remember Bounce Guy! :lol: That guy is like all others. They only notice boobs. It figures! What is it with these morons, anyway? You know, I was on YouTube watching a really cool part of a movie where the android is made. It is a manga, which is a Japanese Anime movie. Anyway, people post comments about the video on there. Naturally, the stupid guys were like "Heh, heh. I saw boobs!" :rolleyes:

For starters, this is a cartoon! :blink: A very realistically drawn one, but still, a cartoon! Of course, I was just amazed by the detail and animation. Back when this film was made (in the mid 1990s), such graphics were unheard of in the U.S. I suppose since I view it as an artist that I see things differently, but guys are just complete idiots at times. Drawing nude figures was part of my art training, so I never thought anything of it.

I am glad the pink is working its magick for you! I need to get more of it! Have you ever seen those pink cats? They are on trendy bags and everything. I love those!

I am sure the pink will help your IV session go well. We all will be curious about it. Chelation should remove that nasty mercury now! You are welcome for the encouragement. I know trying this is scary for you. Just keep in mind that pink is on your side, and so is Rachelville!

I began researching your thoughts on Candida producing dangerous oxalates. You are right! The yeast can do that. This is scary! I am convinced more than ever yeast is evil!

Dear Matilda,

It was great to know your appointment was so productive with your new doctor! Things sound like they are going well! You seem to be on the right track! Go by your intuition. That never steers you wrong. I wish I had learned that earlier in my life. I could have avoided some terrible pitfalls.

The supplements Rachel listed are what many members on this thread have used. They all seem very helpful. Of course, your body might not tolerate some like others do. Each system is different. What works for one person may not be helpful to another.

Dear Christina,

I get the head swelling as well. My ears often feel stuffed up. This is terribly uncomfortable. Does it make you feel weird all over? It does me.

Sinus trouble is something I always have suffered with. No matter what I have tried, medications did nothing for me. As far as the dry mouth goes, you might have Sjogren's Syndrome. It dries out the eyes, nose, and mouth. Like Rachel said, it sounds like your lymph system is blocked. I am concerned about mine.

You asked about yogurt and whether it is good or bad for Candida. That depends on the type you are eating. If it is plain, it is fine. The L. Acidophillus is good for you. Yogurt with any form of sugar or fruit is to be avoided. Sugar and fruit both feed yeast.

Dear Kassandra,

Candida is probably only one part of your illness, I agree. So much can be causing your symptoms. My situation is similar. I doubt only one particular thing is causing these issues. Normally, a combination of conditions are contributing to illness.

I know it is frustrating you cannot see the G.I. doctor sooner. Getting in takes up to three months around here. Some good news is, you might not have an ulcer. You said you took that oil of oregano, right? Well, if that did not burn your stomach like fire, it is very unlikely you have an ulcer.

That is terrible about falling asleep in middle of the PSAT before! :( Those tests are stressful. I never liked taking them. I never got nervous over tests, except for I-STEP and the big standardized ones. Even then, it did not terrify me, but I always was pretty relaxed about that type of thing. Good luck on the test! Take the salmon oil, and you will be fine!

The soup sounds very good. Can you post the recipe? Maybe I could try it. I need something for when my system is in bad shape. Extra rough days need tender foods.

Your landlord is so full of crap! :angry: They are required by law to take care of mold and other issues. If not, you can sue them. As tenants, you have legal rights! There is no reason other than laziness why this landlord cannot do anything to fix it.

Dear truthsearcher,

Reading long posts is difficult. Most of us do not do well with that. Lyme tends to cause that issue with people. Just do the best you can. My posts are typically covering everyone. Feel free to use it as a recap guide. Or, if it is easier, just go down until you find your name. That way, you do not have to read all of my replies to everyone.

Lyme testing is a good thing to move on. I am hoping to get mine done soon. I feel like I am waiting to die. I am very scared. Doctors just do not have any sense of urgency.

Dear Charlie,

I actually do not check for soy, corn, or some of the other things. Dairy is not a concern as long as the lactose is not a lot. Very small amounts I can handle, but not anything like ice cream or pudding. Yogurt is also out. Gluten is the primary concern for me.

Dear Julie,

I agree that we all sense what is good for us and what is not. We know our bodies better than anyone. Matilda seems to be on a good path. Her feelings will tell her if something is right. Trusting intuition no matter what a doctor says is smarter than going by what everyone else tells you do with your body. I made that mistake in the past.

Where did you learn that about yeast creating its own environment? That is really interesting. I always heard yeast was dictated by its environment. Eastern medicine has so many amazing ideas! You would not happen to have a Web page link about this anywhere, would you? I would like to read more.

Dear Julie and Donna,

I did some poking around yesterday. There are enteric-coated oil of oregano caplets! NOW makes it. So do some other manufacturers. I Googled it. It seems fairly easy to get a hold of. Various places sell it. Here are some of the links:

Open Original Shared Link

Sincerely,

Jin

miamia Rookie

Hey all,

Ok so this has been a tough week the parasite meds i have been taking are kicking ny butt and i am only taking 1 and the dose is 4 but my doc and i agree one may be enough for me. the thing is my symptoms are mainly fluish and this is a definite sign of die off so fingers crossed we are hoping this is a good thing.

So last week after my first DMPS we did a provoked urine test and yesturday i got the results. So My mercury levels are very elevated and that is only with a 3rd of the dose so i ahve to times it by three!!! I am a little(well alot) overwhelmed although i kind of expected it. I have not talked to my doctor yet and i am going to make sure i do today. I am guessing we are going to keep procceding the way we have been but i will post later with an update on that.

Rachel-

I am looking forward to hearing how everything goes with you. I always bring a book with me when i ahve my ivs music id good. I also find that eating while i get the iv helps me alot in terms of naseau and other symptoms.

Thanks for the list of your dr's reccomendations i am going to print it out.

Andrea-

what is going on with the kids? Keep updating. How are you?

Sorry to not address everyone- but i am reading and wishing everyone well. WE can't all be as good as Jin!!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Mia,

At least in sounds like you are excreting the metals now! That is a good sign! Just hang in there! I know it is scary with having to increase the dose for chelation. The DMPS can be tough on your body.

Those worms are bad news! I am sorry to hear the anti-parasitic stuff is making you feel so awful. However, the alternative is not any better. Leaving those things in there is bad news! This is especially important for you since worms hold mercury and heavy metals.

I am still always worried I will forget someone! Lately, I am getting scared with being so ill and not remembering things. A magnesium deficiency may be some of it. I also have considered Refractory Sprue as a possible source of my issues. Feeling like you are going to lose consciousness all the time is scary, and I am so afraid I am too weak to make it through my eye doctor appointment today.

Sincerely,

Jin

covsooze Enthusiast

At work, so this will be a quick one. Just wanted to thank Rachel for the stuff on lymph and swelling. That's always been an issue for me and is particularly bad at the moment, so I can empathise with Christine. Thanks for posting the supplements list. I'll take a really good look at that when i get home.

With the chlorella, do you take it in liquid or tablet form?

Jin, I'm thinking I need to get started with magnesium too. I need to find one I can tolerate though.

charlie, my thyroid meds have lactose in. I'm pretty sure that's not causing me a problem. Like others, it's the gluten I have to be strict with - I've taken a sleeping tablet before without realising it had gluten in and I suffered as a result. Why, why, why do the drugs companies feel they need to include gluten when there are plenty of other binders out there??

Susie x

jerseyangel Proficient

Hello everyone :D

I do read to keep up with ya'll--I'm just feeling somewhat overwhelmed these days and am not posting as much. I don't want to veer too off-topic ;)

Rachel, good luck today :) Reading and/or listening to music will make the time go by and I have the highest hope that this will be helpful for you.

Matilda--nice to see you again. I'm far from knowledgeable about these things, but it sounds like you are definately headed in the right direction :) Makes a lot of sense to me.

Hi Jin--even with the sensitivites, I get away with the little bit of fillers in pills. I never weighed in on the discussion regarding your future plans. I think you'd make a fabulous lawyer! Or a guidance counselor.

Donna, I hope you're ok and busy getting ready for your trip.

Big wave and smile :) to everyone!

dlp252 Apprentice

:lol: This made me LAUGH SO LOUD, because it applies to me too. This is the one thing I HAVEN'T tried whilst on this thread and I've been here since page 7 or so. :lol:

I take nearly 30 supplements now! One suggestion I might make is to introduce them one at a time, three days apart. That way if you do happen to have a problem with one of them you'll know which one it was. If you start taking them all at once there's no way to really tell which one. Also, keep a journal...if for nothing else, just to keep track of when you started something.

If we go to her and we don't get answers...then my mom agreed I will get tested for Lyme.

Yay!!! This is great news! I'm so sorry about the leak and the chair and, EGADS, the mold! Yikes! See, I can't see any mold in my house and yet it's here. :(

Since you were born before Rachel, maybe it is Donna-ing? What is the difference between Donna-ing and Racheling? Now that is a serious worry. How are we supposed to know if we Donna-ed or Racheled something? This requires some deep thought. Ah, yet another great mystery of life! :P

It could be rachonnaling...that could be supremely inconceivably large quantities of something. :P

Soy gas bombs it is! Grenades could work. You must be prepared upon entering the cookie aisle. I know tom will be waiting with his HazMat suit. We need something that can penetrate his suit. How about darts loaded with deadly soy serum?

I have a feeling penetration won't be an issue with my soy gas bombs. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Cracking myself up here!

I did some poking around yesterday. There are enteric-coated oil of oregano caplets! NOW makes it. So do some other manufacturers. I Googled it. It seems fairly easy to get a hold of. Various places sell it. Here are some of the links:

Thanks Jin! My WF carries a lot of the NOW brand...I'll check.

So last week after my first DMPS we did a provoked urine test and yesturday i got the results. So My mercury levels are very elevated and that is only with a 3rd of the dose so i ahve to times it by three!!! I am a little(well alot) overwhelmed although i kind of expected it. I have not talked to my doctor yet and i am going to make sure i do today. I am guessing we are going to keep procceding the way we have been but i will post later with an update on that.

Sorry the meds are kicking your behind! I think it's encouraging though that you showed high levels...I think that's a good thing...it means things are moving in the right direction.

With the chlorella, do you take it in liquid or tablet form?

I was taking liquid, which I really think was the better method for me, but it was really expensive and was getting hard to come by...the place I bought it from was constantly running out, so I went ahead and bought a brand of tablets I thought I'd heard good things about. The recommended dose on the package is 15 tablets per day but I'm still only taking 9-12 per day.

Donna, I hope you're ok and busy getting ready for your trip.

Ha, haven't done a thing to get ready. I've been painting flowers on my suitcase because I'm tired of having to look so hard for it, lol. That's about the only thing I've done. Oh, and put in for my mail hold.

I took today off because I knew I was going to be up late last night, so maybe I can get something accomplished today. (No one hold your breath on that, okay) :lol:

Feeling pretty good. Our small group has been on a break since my solo, lol, but we met last night to see about introducing new people in. One of our girls switched churches, so we needed a soprano. Looks like we got FOUR, lol. Suddenly the group went from 6 to 12 if everyone stays. I may have to drop out though because they want to make the rehearsals Tuesday nights AFTER regular choir rehearsals which end at 9:00. There's no way I can do that every week and still make it to work. I didn't sleep at all last night and am so glad I took the day off today! I have my physical therapy/chiropractic session today which I moved up to 10:30, so I'll get a bit of massage then come home and crash. Okay, so I think I answered my own thing about getting stuff accomplished today. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
but isnt dampness suppossed to worsen candida symptoms? Maybe because this was the first big rain in awhile??

Yes. There's a lot of mold when it rains, too.

Charlie,

I guess I havent run into this all that much. The only prescription I have is for Armour thyroid which *might* have corn but I'm not too concerned.

Charlie, I didn't answer because I'm no longer having food sensitivities. When I was, I was careful about gluten in meds. I checked everything.

:lol: ROFL!!! :lol: I totally know what you're saying!!! The first time I tried it I was so toxic that I'd go so far as to stick coffee in the wrong place! Once I felt relief from it, they are a regular part of my detox regimen. Google it, see what you find, then determine if it's something that would be a help to you ... you should do that anyway ... on the thread, we're just giving our experiences. :)

I can say, almost every person I've heard say they've tried them has seen a benefit ... though we're all pretty darn sick.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, I really don't know.

I know with me once I get a dx I am convinced everyone else has it (i.e. CFS, celiac etc.) and they may very well, and your son very well may have lyme, but maybe not.

I guess my thoughts are behavioral issues can be caused by lots of different things, it could even be as simple as a diet change.

I would tend to go with simple first, and assume the worst only after ruling out other things.

Does that even make sense :blink:

It does make sense. Thank you for your suggestions.

I should have added that when he was younger and I could control his diet/supplements/etc., we tried it ALL.

I know what you mean about thinking everyone has it ... but I know he's been exposed because I had it when I was pregnant with him plus he's had ticks himself from the same place Chloe got them. All my kids have been exposed to Lyme, its just whether or not it's going to make them sick.

I just don't know whether you address it when it's not a problem yet .... I mean, to me abx are the last resort and that's where I was. I ordered one of the lasers that is talked about on LN ... I bought it from the nurse Rachel was talking about seeing ... the nurse works with Dr. K.

We are also going to buy a rife machine ... Adam wants it more than I do, LOL, because everyone in his family dies of cancer.

So, I'm thinking that my uncompliant teenager (who isn't even taking his Augmentin on schedule ... misses doses all the time), may be best served by rife ... dietary changes are impossible at this point.

We must be REALLY good parents ... he said he was moving out on his 18th birthday ... I said, GREAT! You'll be lucky if you're allowed to live here past your 18th birthday! I don't think that was the reaction he wanted ... I think I was supposed to grovel and beg. All I could think about was a friend of mine who always said she could understand why other species eat their young! :lol:

I appreciate your comments ... if you have anything to add with the additional info, I'lll love to hear it.

Herbs/supplements are out of the quetion ... tried that, he won't take them. That's why I'm thinking rife is all I can do for him.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Rachel, let's say we have him tested and he's positive ... the real question is, do you treat someone with a stiff neck and a cough? I know Lyme is a clinical diagnosis and asymptomatic people have exposure, but at what point do you treat?

I AM thinking he had a Lyme flare, thus the Augmentin induced the rage (or was it just because he's a selfish 17 year old with no respect?), but is that enough to start treating.

Plus, I KNOW he won't comply with the meds ... he's not even complying with taking one Augmentin pill twice daily, so I also think, what's the use?

I am quite sure he has had exposure, but I just am not sure whether to drag him to NY for testing/treatment.

I will be anxious to see what the PA says about it.

Kassandra, the only thing you can do about the roof leak is move ... the landlord's insurance does not cover your belongings, you have to have renter's insurance for that. Also, with moving you take the risk of losing your deposit if you're not on month-to-month. It stinks that there are so many bad landlords out there.

Sorry about your chair. :(

I'm glad you're getting tested for Lyme, and I understand being restricted by insurance/finances .... I'm really fortunate in that regard.

Miamia, I'm so glad you're making progress even if you don't feel better yet. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast
Matilda...I forgot to mention exercise!!!

Me, too .... this is something I am good about. Exercise is a HUGE part of how I lived a normal life even with being infected by Lyme Disease. For years I ate right, took supplements, exercised, and for years I had minimal symptoms.

It was finally stress and another bacterial infection treated by doxy that made my disease more active.

So, yes! Exercise is CRITICAL!

How's Chloe been doing? Have her herxes gotten better?

Chloe is doing unbelievably GREAT!!!!! She has gone from doing homework till bedtime and sometimes not finishing it, to finishing almost all her schoolwork at school! She has gone from needing 2-3 class periods to finish a test to finishing them at the same time as the rest of her class!

Dr. H. was somewhat concerned about her cognitive involvement. She was supposed to be done with treatment by now, but he does not want to take her off abx too early with this kind of drastic improvement, so she took a neuro-psych test to get a baseline, then we'll test her again later. I think the idea is that when she stops improving, she's done with abx.

Fortunately, the school psychologist, who is from NY (high endemic area for Lyme), is doing the neuro-psych testing, so it only requires an email from me, and he does the test. Sweet. :)

She gets grumpy once per month ... is it a herx or a girl going through puberty (she has not started menstruating yet)? There's really no way to tell. She was very tired yesterday ... I think that's about the extent of her herxes.

AndreaB Contributor

The good news with the numbers is that you are excreting. Are they higher than they were before? I forget whether you're taking a toxin binder but assume you are.

Sorry about the parasite meds bringing you down. It's good that they are working though. Every little bit will reduce your toxic load and bring you further down the road to good health. :)

I'm doing fine as well as the children. Nothing new to report which is why I haven't.

Feeling like you are going to lose consciousness all the time is scary, and I am so afraid I am too weak to make it through my eye doctor appointment today.

Hopefully you're appointment will go well/has gone well today.

Hello everyone :D

Hi Patt! Only about 1 1/2 weeks! How's Mark's knee?

I have my physical therapy/chiropractic session today which I moved up to 10:30, so I'll get a bit of massage then come home and crash.

Hope you appointment goes well this morning.

I'd drop the small group thing, at least until you feel better and could possible stay up that late once a week.

She gets grumpy once per month ... is it a herx or a girl going through puberty (she has not started menstruating yet)? There's really no way to tell. She was very tired yesterday ... I think that's about the extent of her herxes.

That is good she hasn't started yet. I just read an article that Mercola had talked about........the age of puberty has dropped to 8! So sad......I certainly hope we don't hit that terrain any time soon. We have enough to deal with without adding that to the mix. The earlier girls start the more prone to breast cancer they are.

Great news on how well she is doing. I was concerned about having bad herxes and having to miss some school because of it.

You're in a tough spot with your 17 year old. Mitch's 2nd oldest was our major trouble child. He laughs at our diet, he's borderline diabetic (otherwise he is now), has bipolar disorder. We've tried telling him to try the gluten free diet and have tried to watch his sugar intake when we had him.....we didn't have much in the house. His mother lets the boys eat whatever junk they want........prepackaged.....Costco and Schwans stuff. Out of all the boys, only one shows any interest in health and food.

jerseyangel Proficient
Hi Patt! Only about 1 1/2 weeks! How's Mark's knee?

Hi Andrea :D

Yea--it's getting close...

Mark had x-rays last week--he has arthritis and a spur in his knee. She thought it was a maniscus tear, but now says that it was an arthritis flare brought on by over activity :o

He's using heat at night, using a knee brace and trying to take it easy. He said that yesterday it was feeling much better.

Thanks for asking :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, yeah, once they're teenagers there's no keeping them from junk food .... they have access to $ and can get out of the house.

We have trouble even with my 11 year old boy ... we live on the same block as a donut shop and a pharmacy. I asked the donut shop to stop selling him donuts :lol:, so yesterday he "found" $5 and spent it all at the pharmacy on candy while I was upstairs and didn't even notice he was gone. I'll have to have his picture posted on the cash registers there ... they told me they'd do it ... it's a small, local pharmacy.

He abused having money and buying lunch at school ... they have accounts and we can check online what they buy .... so now he has to pack his lunch and I don't have sweets in the house.

Archived