This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

mftnchn Explorer
Can you get the other stuff while you are there or do you need to wait until winter when you come stateside?

Yep, Pfizer has a brand here, they tell me when I called Beijing that it is GFSF. I'll get it tomorrow.

Sherry, don't forget that the abx themselves can cause bowel problems. Are you taking a good probiotic?

Yes I am taking Theralac, two per day. Yes it could just be the abx, but I am suspicious it might be an ingredient. I should know in just a few days, trying not to get my hopes up too high!!

Donna, hooray on the sleep!! I was just noting that my insomnia is much better, using ambien a lot less these days.

Carla, sorry to hear about the pain. I can relate although I am not dealing with so much these days. I have had so many days where it is bad enough I can't do much of anything. I hope you feel better soon.

Sherry

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Green12 Enthusiast

Sherry, omg I think you might be on to something! :lol: (thread motto)

A very promising discovery, great detective work. I hope it makes a difference for you

Carla, sorry about all the pain you are dealing with/have been dealing with. That's just not fair. I am hoping it will improve and pass as you progress with your treatment.

In the meantime, I'm glad the vicodin is alleviating some of the discomfort for you.

Donna, yay on sleep. Woohoo :D Did you do anything different??

On the oregano oil, could you try different forms, like I was thinking about trying to find an enteric coated capsule that would bypass the esophagus and throat and then slowly break down in the stomach. Don't know if this exists, but there might be another way to get the oregano oil in us :lol:

Kassandra, have you tried breaking everything down, keeping a strict food diary and making note of any and all follow up symptoms? If not, you might have to do this to pinpoint problematic foods.

We've all been there, and sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to what we are reacting to vs. what we are not, but you need to find some things that are your go to "safe" foods when you are reacting so you can get things calmed down.

That's just my opinion anyway.

AndreaB Contributor
:o I slept last night! :o:lol:

YAY!!! :D

Your room paint theme sounds interesting. Spare rooms sounds even better. Places to put things......that could be problematic.

Adam thinks it's pain I've had all along but am just noticing it more now that I'm getting better. I don't know ... I know I felt good this summer for two months. It also could be stirring up the bart .... I'll ask at my phone consult on Thursday.

I'm sorry about all the pain too. I'm glad you have something to help. Hopefully you'll get some answers on your phone consult.

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna, yay on sleep. Woohoo :D Did you do anything different??

Well, just that I took EVERYTHING all at the same time right before I went to bed, but I've done that before and hasn't seemed to help. I took 200mg of 5-HTP, a 3mg tablet of Melatonin plus two dropper fulls of a liquid melatonin, and my transfer factor LymPlus capsule. The only thing I do differently normally is take 100 mg of 5-HTP at 8:00 and another 100mg at 9:00 which is my normal bedtime. The only other thing I did differently during the daytime was to workout to an exercise video, lol.

Yep, I'm going to try some oregano oil in capsules next.

Places to put things......that could be problematic.

Definitely since I have no space left anywhere. I really need to start throwing stuff out. :P

Green12 Enthusiast
Well, just that I took EVERYTHING all at the same time right before I went to bed, but I've done that before and hasn't seemed to help. I took 200mg of 5-HTP, a 3mg tablet of Melatonin plus two dropper fulls of a liquid melatonin, and my transfer factor LymPlus capsule. The only thing I do differently normally is take 100 mg of 5-HTP at 8:00 and another 100mg at 9:00 which is my normal bedtime. The only other thing I did differently during the daytime was to workout to an exercise video, lol.

Yep, I'm going to try some oregano oil in capsules next.

Well whatever you did it worked!

Let me know how it goes with the oregano caps, I'm curious to see if that makes a difference.

A cold front moved through this weekend, and the higher elevations even got snow. I was pretty stiff and sore, in my joints especially, yesterday. I wonder why this is?

I had always been told that when fungal infections are present the weather, like humidity for example will effect how you feel. Maybe that is what is going on.

The ville is awfully quiet the last few days......

AndreaB Contributor
I had always been told that when fungal infections are present the weather, like humidity for example will effect how you feel. Maybe that is what is going on.

It seems joints on some people are pretty sensitive to weather type changes. I've never known why this was.

It has been pretty quiet.

confusedks Enthusiast

It has been very quiet the past few days. I have been really busy with school, AS ALWAYS!! And it doesn't help that I'm having a really hard time healthwise! Although, Iam responsible for typing up a group essay where everyone is responsible for one section and I told them today...it MUST be to me by 9 pm sharp because I NEED MY SLEEP!!! Lol! We'll see if it actually happens.

I want to get tested for Lyme also, but the concern is so little is covered by insurance. We actually got a name of a GI Dr. at Cedars Sinai so we are waiting to hear back from them, but now I don't know what to do. I guess I'm just suspicious that there is something going on such as an ulcer, etc. and I don't know that I really believe that all these things are Lyme related. I don't mean that I don't believe that because I see how taking gluten out of someone's diet does so much for them, and I know it's the same as treating Lyme and how so many symptoms resolve with proper treatment.

It is also that I guess I'm in denial. I am also afraid if I do get tested and its positive, it's going to start a whole new road of unpleasant stuff! Like the herxes everyone goes through on here....ugh!!!! I don't know if I could handle that. I feel like it's one thing after another. Denial.......yuck! Lol! <_<

Carla, Did you or do you bloat really badly? I bloat so BADLY!!!! It's crazy! And I am never able to pinpoint foods that do it. It's just random!

Kassandra

Just one more thing, the weather makes me feel really sluggish and tired and BLAH!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast

Kassandra, bloating was never a symptom for me ... well, rarely.

My herxes only take me back to where I used to be all the time ... I don't get worse than I was before treatment. Does that make sense?

Just think of it this way, if it is Lyme, it will only get worse if you ignore it. Unfortunately, ignoring it doesn't make it go away.

miamia Rookie
Well whatever you did it worked!

Let me know how it goes with the oregano caps, I'm curious to see if that makes a difference.

A cold front moved through this weekend, and the higher elevations even got snow. I was pretty stiff and sore, in my joints especially, yesterday. I wonder why this is?

It has been really quiet lately.

Julie- its gotten cold here too and my body is reacting very badly- my symptoms are always worse in the cold adn humidity- but especially cold.

I owe you a PM -I really appreeciate all the advice.

Carla-

sorry you are having such a rough time.

I will write more tomorrow but i had chelation and colon therapy today and I am wiped out.

Miamia

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear truthsearcher,

You are in the right place for Lyme answers! A number of people on this thread can tell you a lot! I never considered Lyme before, but now am trying to convince my doctor to get the testing done. It will be worth it if my misery is finally fixed! Welcome to our little community! ;)

Dear tom,

I love broccoli! I used to eat it with cheese all the time when I was younger. I miss that! That would make the yeast extremely happy. Why does it have to feed on everything? :angry:

Whether cooked broccoli is more nutritious I do not know. I might do some poking around on that. It would be neat to find something on. There are a lot of interesting things about food. Take for example, that foods begin losing nutrients the minute you chop them.

I can just see you in a HazMat suit at WF in the cookie isle! :lol: Now that would be something to see! Donna still might have some needles with soy in them. You need to be very careful. Perhaps a suit of armor would be better protection?

Shelly's son sounds really amazing! Most children complain about not being able to eat more pizza and sweets. This eight year-old seems wise beyond his years. Fungus is certainly an issue for me as well. Living here does not give me much say in avoiding it, though. I can only kill the mold where I can reach it.

Kassandra having Candida is still not completely impossible, I agree. Bloating is normally a major symptom. However, there are exceptions to the rule. Many Celiacs have learned that the hard way. In fact, I smell mold where I am sitting now, and it is bothering me!

Dear Kassandra,

I do not think any of us spend much time out of Rachelville! I am here all the time. This is the only thread I actually spend time on usually. Once or twice a week, I might visit other threads and reply to them. Keeping up with this thread is exhausting by itself some days. Still, it is well worth the effort! Everyone here is supportive and friendly, which makes bad days tolerable.

I am sorry to hear of the D and stomach pain you had the other day. :( That is never any fun. Bacterial dysbiosis is a possibility. I am considering it as a source of my trouble as well. D is very hard to deal with if you are at school when it strikes. I had a lot of days like that in high school.

If you like, I can send you a copy of the essay I wrote on Candida. The pathology was so interesting, I decided to write about if for a paper in a writing course last year. Just PM me with your e-mail address. I have to send it in an attachment, since it is a Word document. I am sure I have yeast, but getting rid of it is the tough part.

School does keep you busy. My father would not let me be put in Advanced Placement. The reason is because I would not be able to take music and art classes. He knew that would make me miserable. Usually, those courses are more homework, and do not necessarily help you get into a better school. Scholarships also require students to be well-rounded, but this is often overlooked.

Candida is a very likely piece of your suffering if you have aches and pains more when it rains. I have that. Fibromyalgia suffers always complain of it. High humidity does not help with mold. Fungus thrives on moisture. No wonder so many people around here have headaches during the Spring and Summer!

Bloating is also typical with Candida. This is such a major issue for me. I probably would be two or three dress sizes smaller if I was not so bloated. Nothing seems to fix it. Pilates helped, but it was the only thing.

Lyme and Candida are often linked. Heavy metal poisoning is another. These all tend to come together in a package. Lyme is good to get tested for as soon as you can. I know how scared you are, I am just as scared! At least we can be worried together. We do not have to go through this alone!

Dear Susie,

The series on detoxing sounds fascinating! I wish we had one like that here! Maybe we do and I just do not know about it. :blink: That is not surprising at all about breast milk being loaded with toxins. I read about how jet fuel has been found in mothers' milk.

Candida is very likely according the issues you describe. I know I have it. Everything irritates my system. I can only do a little here and there. My system does not tolerate too much too fast. The sugar is something I am attempting to totally avoid, but decided gradually decreasing it is smarter. Withdrawal is too severe otherwise.

I never would have thought of migraines coming from withdrawal from the chocolate! :o I should have thought of that! I am glad Carla mentioned that. I probably have a magnesium deficiency. The TMJ I have could improve from that as well. Another friend of mine from the forum has had good results from taking it. He used to have bruxism, where you grind your teeth in your sleep. He does not have jaw pain and such now.

Leaky-Gut Syndrome is probably an issue for me as well. I need to try a rotation diet and keep a food journal for a bit. The trouble is, how do I do a rotation diet without going broke? Some of the things on the list are rarely affordable. There has got to be a more affordable way to do this.

I have to go to the eye doctor on Wednesday, so I will get a bag of lemons while I am out. Maybe that will kill these sweet cravings! It is worth a try! I need more fruit anyway. I am going to buy those alkaline foods and see if it helps my situation any.

Candida makes me feel terrible when it rains. I get queasy and my body aches very badly. You just want to roll up into a little ball and not move! The fatigue is difficult to deal with as well. Fungal issues often cause this, so I bet you have them.

I cannot wait until you see your new doctor! I am sure you will get some answers. Whether you have Candida, Leaky-Gut, or anything else, they should help you find out what the trouble is! It probably is difficult trying to balance everything with your son, career, and housekeeping duties. I do not know how you manage!

Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for the Lyme testing information! :) It is good to have that! In case my doctor needs more information, I have it now! I am going to send in the stuff from IgeniX Donna gave me, and the page on their certifications.

Keep your fingers crossed that she will agree to do the testing for me now!

All of that information on Candida sounds like the same thing I read in "The Yeast Syndrome" and in "The Yeast Connection". They are great books! Its pathology is really fascinating! I am glad you posted it for others new to the concept.

I am sure they appreciate it. I appreciate it, because it freshens my memory when I explain it to others.

Your theory that Candida produces toxic oxalates is an interesting one. That would be fun to research. I am going to see if I can find anything. If I do, I will post a link for you. Looking into this further is going to be fascinating.

We all are anxious to find out how your chelation will do. Maybe the metals are finally moving! That would be wonderful!

I know you have been working so hard! Let us know how it goes with the IV and the excretion test results once you know.

Wow, those pick-up lines were hilarious! :lol: I loved that! There was a good laugh! Can you believe some of the crap guys expect us to fall for? I think I read somewhere that pink makes us appear more approachable and friendly to others. It also helps your health. Maybe you and pink are not on bad terms afterall!

Dear Donna,

Speaking of cookies, I ate Katoos for the first time ever. They taste just like oreos! They are so good! I ate the entire package of 21 in three days! :o Hey, give me a break! I have not had oreos in over a year! Besides, they still had less sugar than the other things I had been eating.

I think I would go with needles that could puncture the HazMat suit. You know tom will be expecting this. Perhaps soy gas? What do you think? Everyone needs a cookie now and again. My buddy RiceGuy has developed some recipes that could help me get rid of this yeast, by substituting with Stevia and some other things in recipes he made. Doughnuts would be nice.

I am sorry the oregano oil has been so rough on you. Thank goodness you decreased it before it got worse. Having scar tissue in your throat probably adds to the trouble. Enteric coated ones may be available. It would be worth a shot. I will search online and see what I find.

Maybe the ATV ride will not happen, but I think it should. You did go in a submarine for your pal! That would hardly seem fair if she did not go on the ATV ride! I would never be able to be in a submarine, because I am claustrophobic. I hate elevators. I am always afraid they will get stuck and I will be trapped.

Pictures are great! I would love to see some of the beach. Those are always my favorite. They are beautiful! One of sunsets are particularly gorgeous!

It is good your boss knows who finished that document at work. That way, you do not suffer the consequences of someone else's errors. I hate it when people are lazy and do not take the time to do things right. So many rush through things. If things are not done right, why bother?

I am glad you are not overdoing the coffee. I try to stick to 2 cups per day. That is my limit. Being hyper, I have no business drinking it in the first place, but cannot stand going without it! If you are in the habit, it is difficult to break. Chocolate is just as hard to stop eating on a daily basis, but maybe I will try a magnesium supplement and see if that helps the cravings any.

You should stay in that spare room! There is no telling what is causing the reaction, but staying out of those places is a good idea. You might feel better. At least the water tested okay. Our water here is so bad, tap water should never be drank from here! Just brushing your teeth with it makes you want to wretch!

Colors are very helpful. I actually heard a lot about a rose shade of pink like mauve being good for health spells. Maybe I should do one of those! I also wear a lot of black. This is mostly because it is slimming, but it is classy to me. It also goes with everything.

I am laughing about you saying your milieu is not the only thing maladapted! :lol: It is the same here. Everything seems to be out of place for me right now. Nothing in my life is going well. My financial situation is so lousy, and my health is as bad or worse. Sometimes I worry nothing will ever change.

How great is it that you actually slept last night? Wahoo! I think the exercise is what did it. If I do not move around enough, I have trouble sleeping. I need to be worn out sometimes before I can rest. Sitting around all the time makes me have more energy later, and I do not sleep well. I have to get up and do something periodically throughout the day so I am tired enough to sleep.

I just realized the other day that I had a typo in my post! I apparently could not see that! Sorry about that! I never have typos! That just shows how badly I need my new glasses. I am going for a silver framed pair this time. I wear silver jewelry most anyway.

Dear Andrea,

Eucalyptus oil is great to kill dustmites. I think you make a solution with the oil and water in a spray bottle. Then, you spritz it on your pillows and mattress. I am not sure about how much oil and water though. Something said eucalyptus is also good to use aromatically to open the sinuses.

Isn't Advil a NSAID? I would be afraid to use it. Acitomenophen is something people often underestimate the dangers of.

I agree it should be used with caution as well. I found it interesting your dentist does not trust it.

You think you are a lazy poster? I think you are doing just fine. Hunting up all of those quotes can be tedious. I am too lazy to quote people. Do not feel bad! :lol:

I agree Sherry's good journaling helped her figure things out. I need to begin doing that. As far as I can tell, most things do not set well. It depends on the time of day I eat things, too. Somedays I eat something and do fine, but the next day I eat it later and get sick from it. Charlie mentioned this as well.

Dear Julie,

I like pink, too! In fact, I used to wear it every chance I got. Color therapy is amazing! As I said before, in Wicca we use it for spells. We were not told black was bad, though. In Wicca, we use it to deflect negativity. You do not suppose my black hair is contributing to my situation, do you? Of course, balancing the colors with clothing could be part of it for me. I wear a lot of navy blue, black, gray, and few things with much color. Maybe I will start keeping track of how I feel and what I wear.

I agree that enteric coated oregano oil might be the answer. I know they make peppermint oil that way for IBS sufferers.

It will burn the stomach as well if it is not ingested that way. The scar tissue in your throat probably cannot take this. The oil will irritate the esophagus.

Thank you for the metals and migraines link! You know, it did not don on me that mercury could be contributing to the headaches! :blink: I know I had the vaccines, and let's not forget the fish I eat, as well as exposure to cigarette smoke and my mother's amalgams as a fetus. There is no telling where else I have had exposure. I hate to think of it!

You certainly have made progress! That is good! I know you are frustrated now. Do not worry, things will get better. I know I worry this terrible cycle of illness will never end. I want to live! Being a prisoner in your own body feels like a punishment you do not deserve. I often ask God what I did to make him hate me so much.

This is part of a maladapted milieu called my daily life. I am in panic mode all the time. Finances worry me constantly. That would be a huge burden off of my back. Being rich may not solve everything, but it could help me get healthcare I need.

The other things are easier to deal with when your health is not so bad.

Fibromyalgia always causes more pain during times where the humidity is high or when it rains or snows. On the bright side, I always predict the weather correctly! Any time the barometric pressure drops, I have noticed people with arthritis and other problems like Fibromyalgia and Candida have more pain. I feel very rough when this occurs. I also tend to feel cold and cannot get warm. Do you get like that?

Dear Carla,

Be careful with that Vicodin! It is very addictive. I can understand not wanting to be in pain, though. I just will not take anything that knocks me out. Not being able to get anything done drives me nuts! It is terrible you overdid it during your herx. I will do that, then have to take a day or two to recover. Is Adam back in town yet? I bet he can prevent you from overdoing it again.

You sure were busy the other day! Somedays I get a lot done. Others, I barely get off of the sofa. It is typically a struggle to do dishes. However, once I begin doing all my meals for the week in a day, that should afford me more energy to do things I might actually like doing, besides my chores.

I cannot believe I did not think of the magnesium deficiency and chocolate withdrawal causing the migraines! I am glad you mentioned it! Why that did not occur to me, I do not know. Having Lyme brain is a good possibility. That is my story, and I am sticking to it!

Oil of oregano seems really helpful. I think with Donna and Julie having scar tissue, that may be the trouble for them. Your system does have to get used to things, though. I would like to try it, but would probably be better off with enteric coated capsules if they make them. My system is highly reactive to the slightest thing.

I think Kassandra is a good candidate for Lyme, too. Those symptoms may very well be related to Lyme. So many symptoms can be linked to it. They vary greatly from person to person. I hope I finally get things moving.

Herxes sound awful! I am glad you do not feel worse than before treatment during them, though. I know the first one is normally the worst. After that, things begin improving. It is good you now how to take care of yourself during these episodes.

This helps healing.

Dear Charlie,

I am glad you are alright. We will be glad to hear an update when you have time. Your situation has been tough. Did you begin the antifungals? I know you were nervous about that. I would be as well. Die-off reactions can be unbearable. Meanwhile, I will be sure to PM you for more information on your sister.

Dear Sherry,

Thank you so much for the DGL info! I need help with the nausea. Glutenings probably will not be helped by that. I am afraid I had another one of those this morning. It must have been a delayed reaction. Sometimes I take up to 12 hours to react. It is a good thing I have Promethazine on hand for that type of thing.

That is terrible you might have been glutened! At least you are finding out why you have felt so odd. Did you say Zith was safe here in the U.S.? The generic is as well? In case I need to be treated with it for Lyme, I would like to know. I think Laura had said Zith was safe before. I am not sure about the generic, though. You always need to be careful with those.

Pfizer has a place in China? I had no idea! I knew they were a global company, but was not sure where all they had locations. I am glad you can get what you need there. Otherwise, you might have had to do go with some other medication or have it imported. That gets expensive.

Dear Mia,

It looks like enemas and colonics help with chelation. Trying to get those metals out can be hard on the body. Assisting the elimination process probably makes it easier to cope with. The pain it can cause is terrible. I will keep this in mind in case I have difficulty with this later.

Just take it easy. You had a busy day, and your body needs rest. We will be ready when you are for an update. I hope things went well. I know any improvement is good. Getting rid of those parasites has been a huge challenge, and the metals are further protected by worms and such.

Dear Everyone,

I would have been on here sooner had my computer not decided to refuse to operate this morning. This whole year it has been acting strangely. It is like the two-year curse. Everytime I have a computer for two years, then it begins acting up.

What is up with that? Talk about a maladapted milieu!

I have also been having migraines off and on. Between my wisdom teeth, my TMJ, and the molar with a huge cavity in it, I am having trouble. The migraines make me feel very drained and weak afterward. Now I am worried about West Nile because I have had a scratch throat that is almost sore for days. I got bit by a mosquito the other day, and now I am freaking out. Am I being paranoid? They have had a couple of human cases in our county.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice

Jin:

OMGosh Katoos...good thing I've never been crazy about oreos, lol. I work with others who are Celiac, and one of them ordered a bunch of Katoos...I got a box. OMGosh, I had to pass them out to my co-workers or I would have eaten the whole dang box by myself right then and there. The co-workers were afraid at first to try them because they were "gluten-free", but they all ended up loving them, so fortunately I only had about 6. :lol: See, people think Rachel invented rachelling, but frankly, I'm older than she is so I think it originated with me. :P

Perhaps soy gas? What do you think?

I think this can be arranged. :lol:

I would never be able to be in a submarine, because I am claustrophobic. I hate elevators. I am always afraid they will get stuck and I will be trapped.

Yeah, this ride was supposed to be for X hours, lol, but at the end of X hours, we didn't surface...we kept tooling around the ocean depths...it's a small thing too...only seats about 22 or so. Turns out our sub was fine, but the boat that had to "pick" us up was broken so they had to fix that and instead of having us bob around on the surface, they just extended our time down below. :P

Pictures are great! I would love to see some of the beach. Those are always my favorite. They are beautiful! One of sunsets are particularly gorgeous!

I'm thinking no beach shots on this trip. :P I am a former beach person, but 30 years and a few pounds has stopped THAT craziness. :P

If things are not done right, why bother?

Exactly!

but maybe I will try a magnesium supplement and see if that helps the cravings any.

Didn't help me, but then I'm Rachel senior, so don't go by me. :P

This is mostly because it is slimming, but it is classy to me. It also goes with everything.

Exactly! :P

How great is it that you actually slept last night? Wahoo! I think the exercise is what did it. If I do not move around enough, I have trouble sleeping. I need to be worn out sometimes before I can rest. Sitting around all the time makes me have more energy later, and I do not sleep well. I have to get up and do something periodically throughout the day so I am tired enough to sleep.

Yeah, not such good sleep last night and no workout video...just my normal workout on the treadmill.

I just realized the other day that I had a typo in my post!

I didn't notice.

I have also been having migraines off and on. Between my wisdom teeth, my TMJ, and the molar with a huge cavity in it, I am having trouble. The migraines make me feel very drained and weak afterward.

Sorry you are in such pain!

CarlaB Enthusiast
Dear Carla,

Be careful with that Vicodin! It is very addictive. I can understand not wanting to be in pain, though. I just will not take anything that knocks me out.

Well, NORMALLY it has that effect on me, too. HOWEVER now, it allows me to get up off the couch and be able to do a few things. It gives me energy, which is how I figured out that I was in so much pain to begin with. The other day I was in BED until 1PM ... I took a Vicodin, then was able to go to the gym with Adam within 30 minutes.

I only take it when it hurts bad enough, and I'm realizing that I don't really know when it hurts other than I lay around a lot, very strange, I know, but I guess I'm just used to it ... I'm not worried about addiction. I don't usually like the feel it gives me which is why I never took it to begin with and had it sitting around in my bathroom cabinet.

Adam in in town ... he's more worn out than I am ...

AndreaB Contributor
See, people think Rachel invented rachelling, but frankly, I'm older than she is so I think it originated with me. :P

Didn't help me, but then I'm Rachel senior, so don't go by me. :P

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh this morning! :D

Jin,

Did you say you've been cutting back on chocolate? Have you cut back on the coffee or is the two cups the norm. I do know that could contribute to your migraine. Doesn't help with the stress you're under, that does me in quite a bit, usually not to migraine status but a bad headache anyway.

Hope your eye doctor appointment goes well tomorrow and that that will help with the eye strain and give your head a bit of a break.

truthsearcher Rookie

Hi All.

Just wanted to say thank you for the warm welcome.

I will send my Lyme test out early next week, so when results come back I will post on the Lyme thread.

Also wanted to say I will post my story here or most likely on the Lyme thread if it is positive.

My story is much like many of yours.

I also may not be on the puter too much. I have 3 kids. 8,6, and 4 so I'm busy with them with what little energy I have and if I can do a little laundry and keep up with meals and dishes I'm having a good day so I'll catch up when I can.

On another note... because I have such brain fog, confusion, poor comprehension I can't read long posts. I get lost easily and my scatter brain goes on overload and shuts down sort of speak, so if you direct a question at me, I may miss it, so don't think I'm ignoring you.

Healing prayers for all of you. I'm so thankful to be here.

TS

Clark Bent as Stupor-Man Contributor

quick question.... how strict are you all when it comes to the inactive ingredients in prescriptions and supplements? in regards to dairy, soy, etc. or even gluten for that matter for those who are avoiding these foods generally speaking...

I am extremely strict in terms of avoiding soy, eggs, dairy, gluten, and even corn... and have been since last year... never cheat, even with something small like a piece of gum or a cookie or whatnot... but when I was given the prescription for mino a few months back, it had corn in it (only corn from the list above), and I filled it and took it with no adverse effects...

now, I have another prescription for something that has lactose in it... I also had a supplement that was recommended that had lactose... would you guys fill it and take it?

I unfortunately already filled it and wasn't able to find out the ingredient list until now, but I don't know how strict I need to be in avoiding these foods, especially in such small quantities as filler ingredients in meds/supplements... I have tested positive (as well as negative) on IGG tests to dairy, but I've also tested positive to other things I still eat... I know each person's situation is unique and you can't exactly answer for me but I'm curious how some of you have approached this after taking a similar path as me (symptoms for months/years, then eliminating a bunch of foods, and then finding out a diagnosis(es) like lyme, metal toxicity, etc.)

AndreaB Contributor
quick question.... how strict are you all when it comes to the inactive ingredients in prescriptions and supplements? in regards to dairy, soy, etc. or even gluten for that matter for those who are avoiding these foods generally speaking...

I'd take it and keep notes to see if you notice a change for the worse or not.

Typically we don't eat or take things with stuff on our intolerance list but we've had muscle testing done to see what supplements would work with us.

If your IgG tests have been both negative and positive then I would assume your intolerance isn't a permanent thing....I could be wrong though. I would certainly continue to avoid foodstuff with dairy in it though.....at least until you heal.

jerseyangel Proficient

Charlie,

The only thing I check for with meds is gluten. I'm Celiac, dairy free, and have several other intolerances.

I don't take very many pills--my BP med uses corn, and the Claritin I use when needed uses lactose--and I don't react to them. I also was on Zithromyicin recently and was fine with it.

Some people are sensitive to the small amounts used in binders--I guess you just have to try it and see if you'll react.

dlp252 Apprentice

I'm pretty strict on gluten, dairy and soy, but will take things with soy lecithin. It also depends on how long term it is. If it's very longterm I'd be a bit more concerned (in my case). [Edited to add: though I've never actually called a company on any ingredient...just trust the labels in most cases, so I guess I'm not quite as strict as I've said.] :P

I like the idea of keeping a journal about this. I've been trying to keep track of when I start new meds/supplements and trying to see what, if any, changes occur in symptoms.

christine 25 Newbie

Hi everyone!!!

Has anyone ever had a problem with thick sticky mucus and dry mouth?

I have noticed that the dryer my mouth is, the worse the head pain is. As in when im dried out, im hurting. And when Im producing saliva and clear mucus I feel much better. This fluctuates all the time, so I try to avoid gluten and dairy, but I will admit, I have not been perfect. The main reason being,,,when I eat healthy foods like raw veggies, and meat, I feel worse!

I know that diary and sugar and espically gluten make me drier and thicker and more pain. Those I feel are to be avoided

But like people have said, I feel like when I eat salads, or HEALTHY foods I feel worse!

What diets basically are people basically on now, is it the low oxylate, dairy, sugar, gluten free...? Does anyone else have a problem with dry mouth?

I know the foods that bother me, but I was wondering if you have any ideas about what seems to help being avoided, and what is safer to eat!

This is totally redundant, anyones advice would be much appretiated.

Also--

Rachel

Does you face still feel puffy? How is your jaw?

Mine is okay lately, but my skin is puffy around the mouth and also, I have dry mouth now, that is prob why...

christine 25 Newbie

Also... when I first started having problems, (pain, allergies,intolerance, fatigue,CS, thyroid etc)

I was taking thyroid medication, pretty high doses of T3 I had bought off the internet from a pharmacy in mexico... prob not the smartest idea.

I had electric shocks in my neck going up the side of my face and my lymph nodes felt so painful. Before that I was producing excess mucus, but it was thin and clear, after that repeated pain the neck, I the mucus started getting thicker, and slowly it started drying out, from being sticky to non existant.

Thats when the puffiness started in my eyes, face, nose, and jaw, my whole skin somtimes in my body!!! Also incelased pain after a while. It seemed to build up because I couldnt clear it like I used to.

When its thick like glue its kinda hard.

A doctor had mentioned that to me... one that produces sticky mucus and one that produces clear fluid, maybe the glands that produce the clear thin fluid got injured.

So far it hasnt recovered.

And also I have noticed that lymphatic massage in my head neck area makes me feel WORSE, not better, because in my case it stimulates the thick mucus, I feel like it cant move...I seem to get more swelling after a neck massage and lymph pressure points then before.

The only thing I can say that helps is when the mucus is thinner, I feel 1000000 times better.

Its random though, and a lot of meds and foods cause dry mouth.

I read something about sulfur.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Also--

Rachel

Does you face still feel puffy? How is your jaw?

Not as bad as it used to be but not gone completely. My jaw doesnt hurt nearly what it used to...depends on what I'm eating and what I'm doing for detox, etc.

I'm told its because my lymphatic system is so plugged up....drainage is poor and this causes stuff to build up...which leads to imflammation and pain. When it gets to the point where I'm feeling it...my face is unusually cold, there is some discomfort, stiff neck, pale skin, puffiness and glands are very swollen.

If its not draining and you do a massge...then yeah...it would probably feel worse.

My Dr.'s always recommend exercise for this...to get the blood circulating and to help the lymph situation. Jumping up and down, rebounding....stuff like that. I'm planning on purchasing a chi machine because I'm not exercising as much as I'd like to...I can actually relax and read a book or something while I'm on the chi machine.

What bothers me the most now is that my face/head gets so cold.

When drainage is better my face is warm (with color), I'm less sensitive to things, puffiness goes way down, glands are not noticeably swollen, etc.

Its basically caused by the toxic overload. Yeast especially seems to be a huge stressor to the lymphatic system....but all toxins are playing a role.

I take a homeopathic for lymph drainage.

You can read about the importance of the lymphatics here..

There are several effective lymphatic drainage and stimulation techniques. A patient experiencing Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or chronic inflammation should consider that a toxic, sluggish lymphatic system is the core of fluid retention, muscle soreness and generalized inflammation.

Open Original Shared Link

I know that alot of us posted that we experience worse swelling/imflammation on the left side. I read that the left side carries more fluid than the right...which is why we have worse swelling on the left side.

Its copyrighted..heres the link.

Open Original Shared Link

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Hey peeps. :D

Quick drive-by....seems like I've got some reading to do. :o

I've been posting on other threads...its not always the "safest" thing to do....but I'm a brave girl (especially in my pink shirt). B)

I'm still wearing pink and life continues to be GREAT. :D

I havent been getting crazy with foods or anything but I'm just feeling good and probably havent been this happy in a LONG time.

I actually stopped by my work on Saturday....one of my co-workers (anyone recall the guy who built small fortresses with boxes of bounce :o ) commented on my appearance. I wasnt wearing pink that day. <_<

I was asking him why the heck everyone is suddenly "noticing" me...."Do I really look healthier...does it mean I'm getting better??"

Well...he said that my brain is still very affected...nothing has changed there. :rolleyes:

Then he said that I've gained weight in certain areas...that even if my brains messed up my body looks healthy now. Dang shallow guys! :rolleyes:

So yeah...according to him any attention I get has nothing to do with PINK. :angry:

Anyways...I *DO* feel like wearing pink everyday has made a difference in how I feel....I just feel happier....and I've laughed a ton in the past week. :)

I think pink is a good color and it really can be healing!!!

OMG...such a relevation. :blink:

I'm not afraid to admit that I was totally wrong about pink. :P

Donna,

Your post cracked me up.... :lol::lol:

Yes....I'm sure you were already racheling food before "Rachel" even came into existence. You *are* the superior Racheler. :lol:

Tomorrow I go in for my IV....to see how well I can tolerate them. EEEEK....I am scared. :ph34r:

I will be wearing pink though. ;)

I have some posts to catch up on...I only skimmed a few.

TS,

I know its hard to read through the posts when you're busy with the daily activities and not feeling well on top of it.

Just wanted to say good luck with your testing and I look forward to reading your story. I'll be looking for your post.

I'm glad you were able to find some help here. :)

CarlaB Enthusiast

I remember the Bounce guy! :lol:

When it comes to gaining weight in the right places, all guys are shallow ... I'm glad you're looking so much healthier.

Today I had to do laundry because I was out of workout clothes ... so I did darks because most of my workout pants are black ... so I only had a black shirt to go with the black pants ... so I wore a PINK hat because of all this talk about color! ;) Tomorrow, I'll wash a load of lights, then all my clothes will be clean. :)

I have been trying to wear more color ... but it hasn't helped. I really think this bart treatment will improve my cognitive symptoms judging by the effect it's had on my brain.

Hey, what's your opinion?

My eldest son was diagnosed with ADHD years ago, but meds did nothing for him and I didn't believe the diagnosis. He's impossible to get along with ... he's always had behavior problems at school, etc. even though he's a good kid (you know, he's pretty straight laced given how much of a PITA he is). One private school even gave him "the talk" - "We've never had to expel anyone and we don't want you to be the first!"

On the CanLyme website, he has about 10 Lyme symptoms. He's been clearing his throat constantly since he was a small child and has a stiff neck (he swings his head around to crack it, yuck).

Well, recently he caught the same cold Adam did. The cold went away, and within a day he had an off an on low grade fever, sore throat, fatigue, diarrhea, insomnia, brain fog (couldn't even watch TV), sound sensitivity, etc. He missed three days of school, and slept in class the whole day two days before that. Exactly the same symptoms I get from Lyme. I took him to the doctor and he was tested for strep and mono, which were negative, but the doctor started him on Augmentin because it's obvious from the low grade fever he has something bacterial going on and he was not getting better on his own. He was able to go back to school within two days.

I'm wondering if it was a Lyme flare as the symptoms looked more like Lyme than anything ... one week into the meds and he had RAGE tonight, BIG TIME!

What do you think? I'm going to ask about him at my next phone consult on Thursday, but I wanted to see what you guys think.

Matilda Enthusiast

CarlaB Enthusiast

Matilda, I think you're doing a great job!

I take WAY more supplements than that, so don't be thinking you're the only one on the planet taking all that. :)

I think the chlorella is a good idea, too.

I used to take Quercetin for allergies. It's good stuff. Drink lots and lots of water ... that's ultimately how I got rid of my allergies.

Coffee enemas are easy and good for detoxing your liver.

Cut out sugar (smoking, but you already know that) and maybe take an additional probiotic (I take three kinds) for candida.

Maybe incorporate coconut oil into your diet, it's a good candida fighter and a good source of fatty acids.

You're on the right track ... no arguments from me. :)

Archived