This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I do epsom salts and baking soda together....in HOT water. The epsom salts draw out toxins...the hot water pulls toxins to the skin and the baking soda (which is very alkaline) helps the toxins come out of the skin faster.

I sometimes sweat for awhile after taking the bath. I also sometimes just do baking soda by itself.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rachel--24 Collaborator

Oh the recipe for the bath is 1-2 cups epsom salts and 1 cup baking soda. :)

mftnchn Explorer

Carla, can you direct me to a good place to look at the babesia treatment and symptoms? I am starting to get suspicious that this is an issue; I treated for it early on, but am noticing the hot/cold flashes and sweats. I attributed it to perimenopause but now I am not so sure.

mftnchn Explorer

Yeah, Rachel. I've done the epsom salts, salt, and soda combo, but use under a 1/2 cup total and equal amounts of each in the mix. Even with that I have symptoms after, especially the next day. That's what I am not sure about, if this really detoxes me or just stirs stuff up.

Maybe I should try more epsom and less soda and salt.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I am going to try this and see if it makes a difference, one girl wrote a testimonial about it helping her angioedema[/

Wouldn't that be wonderful!!!!

Hmm, if I am not eliminating well how best do I detox?

I think the things you are already doing .... lemon water, epsom salt baths, coffee enemas, lots of water .... sometimes, though, it just takes time for your body to catch up and get rid of it all.

Carla, can you direct me to a good place to look at the babesia treatment and symptoms? I am starting to get suspicious that this is an issue; I treated for it early on, but am noticing the hot/cold flashes and sweats. I attributed it to perimenopause but now I am not so sure.

Actually, LN is probably the best place for info .... Lymetoo has a good symptom list for it. There are a couple good threads right now over there on babs treatment.

ShadowSwallow Newbie

:o

I just did something incredibly stupid.

Yesterday a compact florescent bulb broke late at night, and I didn't have time to deal with it so I just let it sit there for about 18 hours. Then, when I cleaned it up today I picked up the pieces (along with the glass parts of the lamp it broke with) with my bare hands, and vacuumed up the mess. About halfway through cleaning it up I realized it had mercury in it (I do not have a toxicity, but a definite sensitivity), but continued cleaning. Now I'm reading online that what I did was about the worst thing I could have done, barring licking it up.

At this point I've opened both windows in this room (we should probably open more since we have an open floorplan), and I'm thinking that a lot of vitamin C and a detox bath are in order. The only thing I'm wondering about it the parts of the bulb the fell down the air vent. I'm going to ask Dad about how he wants to clean that up. And I'm not going to let him brush it off or use the vacuum. :angry: Any thoughts on what should be done?

~ Birdy

(PS: I will be responding later... I just can't believe this....)

confusedks Enthusiast

So, I have no idea if I said this or not, but... I officially have an appt. with an LLMD on Nov. 16!!! Wooohoo <happy dance>! :D I also have an appt. with a naturopath who specializes in Lyme and nutrition! YAY!!! That's for Nov. 27. I am very excited.

My only concern is that the Igenex results won't be back before I go to the LLMD. <_< Will that be a huge problem? We just need to see him ASAP, so we made an appt. for the quickest they could get us in. It also has to be a Friday because we will have to drive up the night before, so my mom only misses one day of work.

Kassandra

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor
So, I have no idea if I said this or not, but... I officially have an appt. with an LLMD on Nov. 16!!! Wooohoo <happy dance>! :D I also have an appt. with a naturopath who specializes in Lyme and nutrition! YAY!!! That's for Nov. 27. I am very excited.

My only concern is that the Igenex results won't be back before I go to the LLMD. <_< Will that be a huge problem? We just need to see him ASAP, so we made an appt. for the quickest they could get us in. It also has to be a Friday because we will have to drive up the night before, so my mom only misses one day of work.

Kassandra

That is exciting! Maybe you could call Igenex and have them send the paperwork to the LLMD instead of to the other doctor who did the blood draw. Don't know if they'll do that though. Hopefully you'll get them back by then since that's real close to 2 weeks.

I'll be looking forward to updates on both appointments. :D

AndreaB Contributor
Any thoughts on what should be done?

I don't have any advice on what to do. :(

That's awful! My husband took the fluorescent lights out of my daughters room to prevent an accidental breaking.....low ceilings. We put a lamp in there instead.

Definately airing the place out. Don't know what to do about the vaccum. I assume you threw the bag out.

Maybe you could get some charcoal or something to help soak up the toxins in you. Chlorella would also be a good thing if you can tolerate it.

confusedks Enthusiast

Andrea,

Do you know if there is any way to have Igenex do the labs STAT?

Kassandra

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

I have not gotten to view your pics from vacation yet. I have been doing some things trying to clean up around here. My father actually realized he needed to keep the counter clear! :o This is an astonishing development! Things are shaping up, and my room is in better shape since my brother came over the other night and helped me get rid of some old clothes, replace my television that was going out, and also put my new lamp in.

That cruise ship sounded mammoth! I would like that. Your food sounds like mine. I would probably have it all over the place, like I do here. It is organized to a point, but not as good as I would like it to be.

I get neck stiffness and pain. My shoulders and back also get bothered. It is very uncomfortable. No matter how many times I pop my neck or shoulders or how much I stretch, it still is like a cold in my neck and should somedays. The wisdom teeth are adding to it as well.

It sucks your back is still bothering you. I hope it feels better soon. You said you hurt the right side, but the left is messed up? Maybe it is sympathy pain. It is like when your teeth hurt on one side, so the same spot on the other side of your mouth begins hurting, too.

I get weak if I stay in the shower too long. My blood pressure gets low, and intolerance to heat and standing up for too long are part of it. Sometimes I have to lay down afterwards. Shaking and being dizzy often accompany Neurally Mediated Hypotension. This is why saunas are not a good idea for me.

I read about using ginger for detox baths, too. They instruct you to drink broth with cayenne pepper in it to initiate sweating. Staying in this bath for 30 minutes is required. I do not think I could do it. The idea of sitting where people put their feet is gross to me as well. I do not like the idea of my butt touching where other people have had their feet.

Dear Andrea,

Candida can be linked to bacterial dysbiosis. Mitch could have trouble with them all. It is frustrating trying to figure this out. At least his case does not seem to be as severe as others. Isn't he taking Pau D'Arco? Are you going to try oil of oregano?

Didn't T get sick from chlorella? You said it did not test well. Can the children take charcoal? It is very inexpensive. Toxin binders are just not easy to come by when affordability is concerned.

Your phone appointment will probably go well. I hope things get figured out. I know how much you worry. The children have so many issues, as do you and your husband. It could not hurt to get a lottery ticket.

Raw onions are something I like. They are zippy. Making your eyes water is something they do to everyone. There is an easy trick to slicing or chopping them without that trouble. Chop the onion while submerging it in ice cold water. Another thing I would go for is a Magic Bullet, Vidalia Chop Wizard, or the Euro Chopper. Tap and you are done!

Dear Birdy,

The appointment with your LLMD sounded very productive! Things look good! :) I am so happy for you! It is great you could get the ball moving so quickly. I have to wait all of the time for doctors to do anything. I do have a plan of action that I can take, though.

Those test results can be confusing. Various antibodies show how long the bacteria has been present. Interpretation of the bands is complicated at times. Luckily, Donna gave me info. I need to get it to my doctor so she will read it. I am determined my testing is going to get done. Dr. B does not know how to interpret the test, which makes her reluctant to run them.

Dear Rinne,

I am so glad you came back! We all have been wondering how you are! :unsure: You had not posted in an eternity!

How are things going? I bet the Rinne Bars are taking off. Are those the sweets you have been eating too much of?

Do not feel bad about the sugar consumption. It is no worse than anything the rest of us have been indulging in lately.

My vice has been Halloween candy. You know how that is. All you know is, suddenly, there are four Reese Cup wrappers in front of you. Then you have no idea how they got there, and find chocolate on your mouth!

Dear Mia,

I am sorry to hear you have been having such a difficult time. When will you find out the results from the test for metals? Maybe you are excreting more now. You mentioned being in the Big Orange Jug Club with Carla the other day.

Let us know what they find out.

Supplements can confuse you when trying to figure out if they are irritating your system or not. When you are on a lot of them at once, that really complicates things. Nothing is ever easy for us, is it? Everything in my life always seems to complicated and difficult. I know not everyone has an easy time with everything, but I always seem to struggle with money, health, and everything else.

Dear Lisa,

How sad about your friend's father! That is so tragic. Streptococcus pyogenes probably is catching to a degree, but for the most part, it is a pretty rare illness. My mother took care of him when he had it before, and did not contract it. Dad is doing better, but still cannot get a shoe on that foot. He is best off resting until the swelling goes down anyway.

It is good to hear you have gained some weight! Do you think maybe if I start eating ice cream that I could get down to 110 pounds? Wouldn't that be nice? There are lactose-free ones. My brother really likes Breyer's.

Your head swelling when you have bowel movements that float shows a connection. The trouble is finding out what is causing it. Dairy may be the culprit, but if you had this trouble even when you did not eat ice cream, then something else is to blame. Have you been keeping a food diary and documenting your reactions? This could help reveal the culprit.

I get that yucky stuff on my skin, too! It is almost like clay. I can scratch it off of my face and everywhere on my neck.

Do you have that as well? At first I thought it was just oil, but I am beginning to think it is something else now.

Dear truthsearcher,

I cannot wait until you get your IgeniX results back. We all are anxious to see what they are. Waiting is nerve-wrecking. Patience is a virtue, but it is not one I have! Hopefully, something will show up.

My thyroid is really screwy. If it is not slow, it is fast. At least when it is fast, I do not get fat so easily! Being dizzy and having heart palpitations is not much fun, though. Double-vision makes things difficult, too. Despite this, my test results came back normal. The TSH panel is what it showed up in before, and my doctor only ran the T3 and T4 tests.

Dear Kristina,

That is terrible about you regurgitating the sweet potatoes! My system is strange, too. One day, I eat something and I am fine. The next day, it will make me sick. I have noticed eating the same thing twice in a day tends to cause a reaction, too. A rotation diet looks like my best bet right now.

My barium swallow did not show anything according to the doctor at the time. Later I found out a gallstone had showed up. I was furious! The doctor I had at that time was such a moron! Thank God I switched doctors!

No wonder you are so put out with your doctor! They seem to think we have until the end of time for them to figure out what is wrong with us. I have news for them, we don't! I have been sick long enough. It is time we both start being able to live!

Your body can heal itself. That is for sure! Sometimes, we need to get it the proper tools to help it do so. This is where it gets difficult. Normally, numerous things are adding to the burden and must be dealt with before healing can occur.

Sherlock hats sound great! We are mystery fanatics in our family. Mom, Dad, and I often watch forensics shows, as well as Murder She Wrote, Inspector Lynley, Prime Suspect, Sherlock Holmes Mysteries, The Thin Man, Charlie Chan, Mr. and Mrs. North, and just about any other show in that genre you can think of! I suppose I would like a pink one, like Carla! Plaid is in this year, by the way!

Dear Kassandra,

Your ER visit sounded horrible! I am so sorry you went through all of that! The hematologist sounded like a real idiot.

What blows my mind is how many of those doctors are at hospitals. Sitting there for six hours without treatment is ridiculous. Complaining to the hospital is a good idea.

Your soap story sounds like some things I do! That was so funny! Maybe all of us with Lyme Brain are the only ones that will get these things. I wish Rinne would tell you about the time she got stuck in the suana! This brainfog is only something we understand! The other day, I went into the other room, and thought "What am I in here for?" I wandered around for a few minutes before realizing why I went in that room!

Wahoo! Now you have appointments with the LLMD and a nutritionist! Plus, they are soon! That is even better! I wish I lived where you do. Living here sucks. None of those doctors are anywhere near here.

Dear Julie,

Thank you for the hiatal hernia info! :) My uncle had one. He never really had a desire to do anything about it until a while back. When it started to interfere with his golf game, then he decided something needed done! :lol: That is my Uncle Pete!

You have Klebsiella? That is awful! Maybe it is connected to the angioedema? Humaworm might help with that. It is worth trying.

I heard about that natural cures book you are talking about! I would love to get it. I wish I could afford it. There are some neat things out there that work. I know some natural beauty treatments that are the best, and so inexpensive! Celebrities actually go and pay huge bucks for them at spas, when you can do them yourself so cheap!

Dear tom,

You sure have been gone for a bit! It is nice to see you back. I knew you had been on the Silly Thread, but was surprised you had not posted on here some. I bet you are happy being back in SJ! Phoenix was so hot!

I get migraines. Mine are most likely related to my teeth. Food allergies definitely are linked to them, though. Cheese is a common trigger for migraines. Chocolate cravings tend to precede a migraine. However, these things can vary from person to person.

Dear Zook,

Welcome to the thread! I suppose corn could cause migraines. It tends to be a moldy grain. Mold is a common irritant for food sensitive individuals. People with Candida are very likely to suffer from migraines, as well as mold sensitivity.

Hormones play a major role in these things as well. I have taken thyroid medication in the past, but do not recall having headaches increasing from it. However, that does not mean that could not be a trigger for you. Synthyroid does have side-effects, and that could be one of them. The good news is, if your thyroid is pokey, there are some non-prescription ways to do so.

When my thyroid was slow, I took the medication for two weeks. I still was not losing any weight, and was experiencing awful side-effects. My heart was pounding, I could hardly sleep, and this just was not tolerable. I read an article in a magazine about thyroid problems and foods that help. The article said raw coconut oil (or the closest to it you could find) was terrific for helping its function. 2 - 3 Tablespoons daily was recommended, on top of one capsule each of Ashwaghanda (Indian Ginseng) and Solaray Rosemary Leaf Extract. I added these to my diet and also did some poking around on the internet.

Dietary changes can help as well. Avoiding sugar, transfats, peanuts, peaches, broccoli, and refined carbs like white rice help because they slow thyroid function down. I stopped eating refined carbohydrates and added a serving of beans and/or fish a day to my diet. Within two weeks, I was losing weight and having more energy! I was surprised.

Now my thyroid is hyper again, and has been since last year. I went on thyroid medication to slow it down before. I am not sure what to do. Mine keeps flipping back and forth. There really is not much they can do about it. At least when it is hyper, being fat is less common. However, the heart palpitations, excessive sweating, and other symptoms can be unpleasant to deal with.

Dear Carla,

I am glad your big orange jug test went well! Let us know when the results come back! I hope you are excreting metals well. Since you have done so much to detox, I think you will do fine. You were way ahead of the rest of us!

Going to Florida in the morning will be a blast! I wish I could come! Detoxing will be more enjoyable in Florida! A change of scenery is always nice. Have a nice flight!

Chloe has really made some great progress! We are all proud of her! She is sort of our daughter, too. It is such exciting news! Isn't it amazing how far she has come in such a short time?

Tindimax really threw you through a loop it sounds like! Having a major herx from it means it is working! Cyst busters tend to be harder on you from what I gather. I wonder if they release more toxins into the bloodstream from the bugs than the other form of treatment? What do you think?

Thank you for the info on Humaworm! In case I need it, I will know where to find it. The idea of pooping out something like that horrifies me! It makes me want to gag. When I think about though, it is better to have it out of your body than in.

Worms just keep growing. I have read about garlic enemas being good for expelling worms, but you have to make sure the whole thing is out, or a tiny little section can make a whole new one.

Neck and shoulder pain and stiffness are an issue for me as well. It has gotten much worse recently. I used to think sitting at the computer so much was the trouble. Now I know my teeth are adding to it, but Lyme could be the big gun. I have not seen the Lyme questionnaire yet, but am going to take a peak at it soon.

Dear Susie,

Did you notice if you get thirstier when drinking the lemon water? You said you would check and see. I do not know if it is because my body is craving the alkaline balance or what. That is my best guess as to what is going on. One thing is for sure, I feel better doing it.

Have you ever contacted Foresight again? I know you had questions regarding detox. You were taking supplements from them, weren't you? Detox is an odd process. I have read constipation can occur.

Dear moonmaiden,

I never heard about that type of fungus! This is very interesting! Thank you for the information! I believe fungus causes trouble for a lot of people. Many of us on here have an overgrowth of yeast, so fungus is a major sensitivity for us.

Dear Rachel,

I agree that illness is caused by a variety of things. It is very rare you are suffering just because of one particular issue. As you mentioned, when the body's toxic load passes a certain point, that is when problems begin. I know my puzzle has many pieces. I am sure Lyme, Candida, Mercury and other heavy metals, and possibly additional food sensitivies are a part of my trouble.

It is good to be talkative! You can probably tell by my posts that I always have a lot to say in person as well! I can talk and talk! I worry people will find me rude or an attention freak. I just have a lot going on in my head, and I am afraid if I do not hurry up and say it right then and there, I will forget!

Dear Sherry,

I bet you are just excreting more toxins than your body can handle at once. That does happen. Flu-like symptoms are not unusual after a detox bath. You often feel achy, congested, and tired following them if too many toxins are removed at once. Building up to a certain amount of time is best so your body can get used to it.

Being constipated could be forcing you to hold some toxins in, too. This can also make you ill. Metals can be disturbed and redistributed. You may be detoxing some things, but the metals cannot come out. Doing a chelation test like Carla and Mia are doing would give you an idea of what is going on. Meanwhile, the charcoal is a good thing to continue. I may add that to my regimen soon.

I am glad to hear your insomnia is better! You were having a difficult time with it for a while. The onion is something I might try. It is quirky, but if it works, I am for it! Nature has many mysteries.

Sincerely,

Jin

dlp252 Apprentice
I just did something incredibly stupid.

No advice, just wanted to say that it sounds like something I would have done! :)

This is fantastic!!!! I'm so very happy that you are getting in so quickly. It's possible that you'll have the results back in time...it's also possible that the LLMD might be able to have a copy faxed to him...not sure how that'd work though.

It sucks your back is still bothering you. I hope it feels better soon. You said you hurt the right side, but the left is messed up? Maybe it is sympathy pain. It is like when your teeth hurt on one side, so the same spot on the other side of your mouth begins hurting, too.

I think it's more like I'm walking and sitting differently because of the pain, so the muscles on the right are now revolting. A revolting development. :lol:

I get weak if I stay in the shower too long. My blood pressure gets low, and intolerance to heat and standing up for too long are part of it. Sometimes I have to lay down afterwards. Shaking and being dizzy often accompany Neurally Mediated Hypotension. This is why saunas are not a good idea for me.

Hum, yes, I guess it could be low blood pressure. My blood pressure is so low normally that this might cause it to dip too much although I would think heat might raise it.

I do not like the idea of my butt touching where other people have had their feet.

Fortunately for me, my butt is the only one to ever touch my tub. :lol:

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Donna,

Back pain makes things very difficult. My father has a pinched nerve in his back. The smallest task can be excruciating! Fortunately, he has not had to deal with it too frequently. Maybe massage therapy could help your situation? Pilates exercises have you roll your spine afterwards, and I have found those helpful.

I am not sure rolling your spine would help your situation. It might make yours worse, since it is a different problem. Fibromyalgia is what causes my pain. Revolting developments are a lot like maladapted milieus! Both are quite unpleasant and best avoided!

I thought heat would raise blood pressure as well. However, it depends on whether or not you have Neurally Mediated Hypotension. There is a miscommunication between the heart and the brain. Feeling weak after meals is a common problem, too. This is because the majority of the blood flow is redirected to the stomach to aid digestion. Heat intolerance, standing for very long, or even staying in the same sitting position for an extended period of time tend to cause symptoms of NMH.

Thank goodness for you being able to have no feet on your butt! It scares me having my butt touch where my parents' feet have been. The whole idea is quite icky. I believe this is a revolting (or how about repulsive?) development. I know I am OCD about things, but I have my reasons!

OMG! You and Rachel gave me the best idea! You know how everyone was talking about Snickerdoodles? Then, you were talking about Pumpkin Pie. Well, I just got the most delicious idea! Are you ready for this? What would be really good is Pumpkin Pie with Snickerdoodle crust!

Sincerely,

Jin

rinne Apprentice

Jin, thank you for tracking all our comings and goings, how wonderful to see new faces here and to know that you and others, Rachel, of course, and Andrea and Carla and Donna and many others keep the homefires burning in Rachelville. :wub:

I've been busier with the rinnebars, actually I've created another product and have begun to look for a copacker. I realize now that what I really love to do is make up new treats and that what I want to do is have a kitchen to do that in and have others produce them. I've also gotten much more ambitious for them, at first I was content to think of them as a regional treat but now I want them in every health food store in the U.S. and Canada and I am even thinking of the Asian and European market.

And yes Jin it is them that I have been eating. :lol: Total obnoxious bragging to follow but it is based on comments like, "yummy, yummy in my tummy, nothing less than AWESOME", "like Hagen Daas with benefits", "the best treat I've ever had"..... from the comments page at the folk festival they were sold at.

They are brilliant, I have created something that gives all the satisfaction of ice cream but has no dairy in it, nor does it taste like any kind of substitute for anything else, it is unique. It is a whole new new frozen food confection category. I am a genius. :ph34r::lol::lol::lol: I think I just keep eating them in a state of shock thinking, could they be as good as I think they are? Then when others taste them I see the amazement on their faces and I know they are really good.

Not only that but I have a dozen ideas for other possible treats and it just feels like play, the trick is to find the balance between making them and eating them. :lol:

Do not feel bad about the sugar consumption. It is no worse than anything the rest of us have been indulging in lately.

My vice has been Halloween candy. You know how that is. All you know is, suddenly, there are four Reese Cup wrappers in front of you. Then you have no idea how they got there, and find chocolate on your mouth!

That describes it except in my case it is a rinnebar.

At your request. :)

The first time I went for a sauna about halfway through I realized that I had forgotten my water but when I went to get it I couldn't open the door. I tried several times but it just wouldn't move, I stood there wondering if the door was linked to the timer but that didn't make sense to me. I wondered if I would have to start yelling for help and whether I would be found and what would happen if help didn't come..... :unsure: I looked at the door, reached forward and pushed it gently open. :lol: I had been pulling sideways on the latch, completely fixated on the idea that it worked a particular way. :o:lol::lol::lol:

I am so glad that the embarrassing reality of being found naked with only a small towel kept me from embarrassing myself.

It was good lesson for me. :lol:

ShadowSwallow Newbie

Lisa,

Those definitely sounds like toxins.

Carla,

Thank you for the info! I looked at the site and am definitely going to be bringing this in to discuss with my naturopath. I just wonder if I can tolerate the black walnut oil. I've been anaphylactically allergic to them nearly my entire life, but have taken it before without any problems. Definitely something to ask about.

Donna,

Ortho-bionomy would definitely not "cure" you by any means, but it would probably be incredibly helpful until you can start treatments for lyme (took me down from 4-5 pain (on a scale from 1-10) to a .5-1 pain, far more manageable).

Kassandra,

That's fantastic!! It would be nice to have the results in by your appointment, but as others have said, it shouldn't be necessary.

Andrea,

We through the entire vacuum out (little dustbuster that mom wanted to replace anyway) and I'm airing out the room as much as possible. I ended up using the vacumm to clean out the vent and got it all out. I took a bath and the water turned silver. :blink: But now that I'm back by the computer (where it broke) I'm not feeling too well, again. I wonder if your suggestion of charcoal would work for the room? Putting out an open box of it?

I'll be asking my naturopath to test me for mercury toxicity at our next visit and then go from there.

Donna,

Hehe, well, that's encouraging! :lol:

OMG! You and Rachel gave me the best idea! You know how everyone was talking about Snickerdoodles? Then, you were talking about Pumpkin Pie. Well, I just got the most delicious idea! Are you ready for this? What would be really good is Pumpkin Pie with Snickerdoodle crust!

Wow, that sounds amazingly good. We're going to a dance this Saturday and I'm prowling for goodies I can bring. We have some mini pie pans... this sounds like something that's definitely going to happen. :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
They are brilliant, I have created something that gives all the satisfaction of ice cream but has no dairy in it, nor does it taste like any kind of substitute for anything else, it is unique. It is a whole new new frozen food confection category. I am a genius. :ph34r::lol::lol::lol: I think I just keep eating them in a state of shock thinking, could they be as good as I think they are? Then when others taste them I see the amazement on their faces and I know they are really good.

Um, I want some of what you're eating :lol:

Satisfaction of ice cream YET non-dairy AND yummy yummy in my tummy, where can we get some?!?!?!?

Very exciting rinne!!!!

I remember you getting locked in the sauna story, or did this happen again? :lol:

I do not like the idea of my butt touching where other people have had their feet.

:lol: Jin

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Rinne,

All we can do is try to keep up! :lol: Rachelville is busy! Sometimes I worry to posts are too long and will not fit. Apparently, I have done okay so far. The emoticon limit is annoying, though.

We are so glad you are back! Rachelville missed its taifun! :( Wow, Rinne Bars going global is an awesome thought! I say go for it! You can do it!

They sound so heavenly! It would be nice to eat something that is actually good for me and tasty. The yeast probably loves me right now. All of the sugar I have been consuming, on top of eating peanut butter a couple of times this week really added to things, I am sure. I am hoping not to get sick from it, but it is always a crapshoot with my stomach. One day something is fine, the next day it is not.

My gluten-free business dream is actually about cookies and candies specially made for Celiacs. I would like to make items like Swiss Colony does. They do gift towers filled with chocolates, brownies, cookies, fudge, snack mix, petit fours, and all kinds of other things. I want to do that for people like us! We deserve delicious gourmet treats. Who knows? Maybe Rinne Bars could be part of the gift towers?

Feel free to brag as much as you like! You have worked hard, and earned the right to do so! Besides, we all have reserved bragging rights for accomplishments in Rachelville. Remember, I am the D.A. I also get to enact holidays. Rachel gave me that duty! A wonderful movie about Rinne Bars is playing in my head, while my mouth feels creamy goodness. Food fantasies are the best!

It is easy to doubt yourself. My cookie recipes always worry me. I could hear they are great a million times, and if one person does not go crazy for them, I think I have failed. My brother is the best test-taster. He is very picky. If he likes something, it is very good. Chad currently has an addiction to vanilla iced doughnuts from our local healthfood store.

The balance between eating and making them is a tough one! I normally eat four cookies in a sitting just to taste! :lol: You just cannot stop at one. Two would work if they are not that good, but since I pretty much had good recipes figured out before, I just had to replace a few things. Replacing certain allergens will be the tough part. I am going to need people with multiple sensitivities advice on that.

I am such a food whore! :ph34r: The Reese's have this come-hither look, and then we join in our forbidden tryst. We know it is wrong, but cannot resist the temptation. Oh, the passion! Where were we? :blink::lol:

OMG! The Sauna Story is even funnier than I remember it being the last time I heard it! :lol: Thank you for posting it again. That was like Carla's Raspberry Story! Were you here for that? She had bad brainfog because she was herxing, and went looking all over the place for the raspberries. Carla looked all over the place and could not find them, so she stood in front of the opened freezer thinking really hard about them for a while!

Dear Birdy,

I do not blame you for being cautious with the black walnut oil. It is better to be safe than sorry. Chances are you will tolerate it since you have before. However, asking your doctor first is a good idea. Let us know what happens.

If you get to make the Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Pie before me, let me know how it goes! I hope to do that this week. We will see! Getting out to the store and getting what I need has to happen first. Plus, I need to have a regular pumpkin pie first, since I have not had one in so long!

Dear Julie,

I know I am weird! It is just I have issues with that type of stuff. I will not even eat after myself. It is gross. My grandfather is like that, too. I never was into sharing forks with people. Forks should be cold!

Sincerely,

Jin

tom Contributor
So, I have no idea if I said this or not, but... I officially have an appt. with an LLMD on Nov. 16!!! Wooohoo <happy dance>! :D

Yay Kassandra!!!!!!! :) :)

<tom joins in the Happy Dance> :)

. . . . It also has to be a Friday because we will have to drive up the night before, so my mom only misses one day of work.

Drive up? Does this mean it's Bay Area?

If there's anything I can do to help, pls let me know. I'm in San Jose now. For good! :)

confusedks Enthusiast

Tom,

Thank you for the offer! It's in Redwood city (I think...so many dr's I can't keep track anymore! B))

Everyone,

The Lyme DRAMA has escalated! We were using that Dr. who turns out to be a wellness director, and we used them to have Igenex send labs to them. Well, it turns out since he is not a Dr. and the Dr. in the office wasn't there on the day that we had the blood drawn, Igenex won't run the bloodwork without the MD's signature. So, we are trying to get the LLMD to sign for it, but I really don't think it's going to get there before next Friday. (I hope this makes sense, I am really out of it today.)

I have a question for anyone and everyone, first, chocolate has caffeine in it...right? Would that be the reason I may have been sleeping TERRIBLY the past 2 days? I think these are the only days I have eaten chocolate.

Thank you!

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I have a question for anyone and everyone, first, chocolate has caffeine in it...right? Would that be the reason I may have been sleeping TERRIBLY the past 2 days? I think these are the only days I have eaten chocolate.

Kassandra,

Its entirely possible! I posted about the same thing a few weeks ago. I definately dont have problems sleeping but when I started binging on chocolate I was pretty hyper during the day and waking up in the middle of the night not being able to go back to sleep.

It was only when I was eating the chocolate.

confusedks Enthusiast

Rachel,

Thank you! I think that is what it is. It's dairy, gluten AND soy free so I thought I was safe. I guess I was wrong! :ph34r:

Kassandra

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I am a genius. :ph34r::lol::lol::lol:

Rinne...YES YOU ARE!! :lol:

OK....so tell us about the new treats...are they a different type of treat or new flavors for Rinne bars??

I'm pretty sure that I'll be eating ALL of them someday. :D

Heck....you *know* you're gonna get rich once they show up in my area. The stores will have trouble keeping them on the shelves once I find them. :)

OMG...the sauna story just never gets old. :lol::lol:

rinne Apprentice

Very exciting rinne!!!!

I remember you getting locked in the sauna story, or did this happen again? :lol:

Thanks Julie, and yes this is the same sauna story. Fortunately. :lol:

Kassandra,

Its entirely possible! I posted about the same thing a few weeks ago. I definately dont have problems sleeping but when I started binging on chocolate I was pretty hyper during the day and waking up in the middle of the night not being able to go back to sleep.

It was only when I was eating the chocolate.

Thanks Kassandra and Rachel for reminding me that my chocolate consumption may have something to do with my not sleeping well. :P:lol: Seriously, it is so obvious but I just didn't want to see it.

Jin, I love your baked goodies ideas. I'd like to have gluten and dairy free restaurant with a bakery attached to it, there is no end to this taifunning. :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I am going to try this and see if it makes a difference, one girl wrote a testimonial about it helping her angioedema :o

Good luck with it, Julie. Wouldn't it be great if it helped with your angioedema attacks :rolleyes:

Rinne--so excited for you! Can I be your East Coast affiliate? :D

AndreaB Contributor
Isn't he taking Pau D'Arco? Are you going to try oil of oregano?

Didn't T get sick from chlorella? You said it did not test well. Can the children take charcoal? It is very inexpensive. Toxin binders are just not easy to come by when affordability is concerned.

Mitch and I are taking Pau d'Arco. We've just gone off the chlorella so we can save it for Seth and hopefully Talitha. I was taking 15 drops of oregano oil a day for the bladder infection. I'm now down to 10 a day. I'll probably cut down to 5 this weekend and see if this infections is gone. I tried dropping down to 5 this last weekend and it was too soon. The oregano oil hasn't phased me a bit so I must not have very fungal/yeast issues.

Talitha and I both got sick from the chlorella I had bought from the store. The stuff we are on now doesn't bother me at all so I'm hoping it will be the same for her.

I bought some Food for Life Rice bread for Mitch to try since it doesn't have sorghum in it. That should tell us whether that was the sole culprit or not. We are thinking it is because he doesn't do well with Enjoy Life or Perky O's either.....they have sorghum in them.

That sounds really good!!!! :D

I've been busier with the rinnebars, actually I've created another product and have begun to look for a copacker. I realize now that what I really love to do is make up new treats and that what I want to do is have a kitchen to do that in and have others produce them. I've also gotten much more ambitious for them, at first I was content to think of them as a regional treat but now I want them in every health food store in the U.S. and Canada and I am even thinking of the Asian and European market.

I can't wait til they come to the US! I'm hoping a few of them will be gluten, dairy and soy free. :D

We through the entire vacuum out (little dustbuster that mom wanted to replace anyway) and I'm airing out the room as much as possible. I ended up using the vacumm to clean out the vent and got it all out. I took a bath and the water turned silver. :blink: But now that I'm back by the computer (where it broke) I'm not feeling too well, again. I wonder if your suggestion of charcoal would work for the room? Putting out an open box of it?

I'll be asking my naturopath to test me for mercury toxicity at our next visit and then go from there.

You'll definately need to be tested. I forget, are you the one that did BioSET? Maybe you could go have them test you for chlorella or charcoal......unless your naturopath does muscle testing.

I'm not sure what would soak up the vapors. :(

The Lyme DRAMA has escalated! We were using that Dr. who turns out to be a wellness director, and we used them to have Igenex send labs to them. Well, it turns out since he is not a Dr. and the Dr. in the office wasn't there on the day that we had the blood drawn, Igenex won't run the bloodwork without the MD's signature. So, we are trying to get the LLMD to sign for it, but I really don't think it's going to get there before next Friday. (I hope this makes sense, I am really out of it today.)

Oh, Kassandra! That's awful. Please keep us posted on whether the LLMD will sign for it. Maybe Igenex can put a rush on it so it can be done by next Friday for your appointment. :(

Heck....you *know* you're gonna get rich once they show up in my area. The stores will have trouble keeping them on the shelves once I find them. :)

As much as you Rachel food I can believe that! :P

Archived