This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Omg...i Might Be On To Something

Rachel--24

AndreaB Contributor

Kassandra,

:angry: So now they are waiting on insurance. It seems to me like insurance isn't worth the trouble when you're chronically ill. :angry: Of course money is another big problem.

On that not, Mitch and I just had to drop ours. Couldn't afford the increase premium. He made more earlier in the year and they take the years average. Even with the state assisted health care we can't swing it right now. We can't reapply for at least a year so we are obviously hoping that nothing serious happens. One thing I started thinking about is what do the holistic/naturopaths do? Do they have insurance even though they don't even like allopathic medicine (western)? The only reason we wanted to keep it was if we ever had to be hospitalized.

Sherry,

That's interesting about the Chinese medicine doctors and your intestinal problems. I'd be curious as to what comes of the doctor that was recommended to you if you go in the springtime.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 33.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarlaB Enthusiast

Andrea, sorry about the insurance trouble. I don't know what industry Mitch works for ..... but I thought I'd just throw out there that the food and beer industries are pretty stable economy wise. Adam's business is linked to the food business and has a natural recession resistance. My dad was a beer distributor .... people actually drink more beer when the economy is bad, plus beer truck drivers are both union and local, so there's no out of town travel and they make good money. It's really tough when the income slows down .... I hope things look up, soon.

Kassandra, there have always been some foods I had to lightly steam -- broccoli, carrots, cauliflower -- as they tore me up raw. Sometimes I would have a whole day of raw food (or lightly steamed), but have turkey or another meat on my salad at night. I have done completely raw for as long as a week ... there is a cleansing benefit to it.

If you have a juicer, or even better, a Vitamix (which I don't have), then it all becomes a little easier to get what you need.

Also, soak the nuts/seeds in water for a while before you eat them, it changes their structure (they start to germinate) so they're easier to digest.

Once I get my braces off, I'd like to go back to eating more like this. :)

Maybe including undenatured whey protein would be a good way to incorporate more protein but in an easy to digest form. But I don't think that throwing a little turkey or other meat on your raw salad would take away the heath benefits of the raw food ... or maybe you could find some raw milk ...

Oh, I wanted to mention that I take a product called Blood Builder. It's a source of iron that is from whole foods and also has B12, folic acid, and vitamin C. I know you need IV, but maybe this will help you feel a little better until you can get one. I've been taking it for years.

Sherry, I use Dr. Zhang's Artemesia, it's very good. I'd be tempted to use the Chinese herbs if I were in China! I would say acupuncture, too, but there is a man from China here who is very good at it, so I guess I already have that available to me. :) Mainly, it's another expense if I were to do it. When I did have it, he had me on herbs for fatigue/diarrhea, but at that point we didn't know it was bacterial.

Everyone, my fever is gone, but the cough has settled in ... yuck.

dlp252 Apprentice
Yes! I'm relieved and scared all at the same time.

Yes, knowing what you are fighting is half the battle! Now that you know, you can address it. I'll add your numbers to our running list. If you PM me your email address I'll send you an excel file which has all of our numbers for comparison.

Chemicals are a problem for me too, can't stand the laundry aisle at the grocery store and I did do a fair bit of painting, house with latex mostly but I know some of it was toxic and I was never all that careful about not getting it on me.

Yeah, wish I'd been more concerned about that, lol.

The hotel was very posh ... the Ritz Carlton ... had better cars than a car show! It was always interesting to see what was pulling up out front. One was a 1.7 million dollar Bugatti .... I mean, what does someone like that do?

I went to the spa two days ... I bought a three treatment package, and they split it up. One day I got a mustard/euchalyptus bath, then afterward they rub oils on you that have essential oils in them.

The next day I got a red algae body wrap and a deep tissue massage.

As always, I'm jealous of your travels, lol.

On a positive note...I have been very busy with the whole raw thing and I LOVE IT!!!! It's only been today I have been 100% raw, but I really am enjoying all the "cooking". It's so fun!!! :P

Sorry about the waiting, but this diet thing sounds like it's a good thing for you!! Did I read in a later post that you ate nuts?! That's great.

Thanks. It's not the Lyme .... I woke up in the middle of the night with an unproductive, dry cough. When I got up this morning I had it any time I stood up or walked, then I'd get nauseous if I wasn't lying down.

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well.

Just got off the phone with Rachel a bit ago.

Thanks for updating us.

On that not, Mitch and I just had to drop ours. Couldn't afford the increase premium. He made more earlier in the year and they take the years average. Even with the state assisted health care we can't swing it right now. We can't reapply for at least a year so we are obviously hoping that nothing serious happens. One thing I started thinking about is what do the holistic/naturopaths do? Do they have insurance even though they don't even like allopathic medicine (western)? The only reason we wanted to keep it was if we ever had to be hospitalized.

Gosh Andrea, I'm so sorry!

CarlaB Enthusiast
As always, I'm jealous of your travels, lol.

:lol: That's funny coming from someone who just returned from a cruise! :lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Everyone, my fever is gone, but the cough has settled in ... yuck.

I hate coughs. Those things are such a sleep disrupter! :angry: I hope it doesn't keep you awake much and that it simmers down to a small annoyance quickly.

Mitch is in the lumber (primarily) industry.

CarlaB Enthusiast
I hate coughs. Those things are such a sleep disrupter! :angry: I hope it doesn't keep you awake much and that it simmers down to a small annoyance quickly.

My Ambien keeps me asleep, so it only bothers me when I'm awake, fortunately. If I'm still, I don't cough much .... I'm a little achey, too ... normal headcold. :)

I was supposed to go out yesterday and pick out faucets ... Adam took pictures on his phone and emailed them to me because I was too nauseous to go ... I could have just endured anything else, but when walking makes you feel, well, you know, ..... Today I do need to leave and pick out lighting and cabinet hardware.

There's still a chance we'll be functional by Thanksgiving ... the bad news is, I had to go into the storage half of the basement which I have avoided for over a year (remember, I moved over here a little over a year ago and Adam and most of the kids were already here) ..... now that it's fresh in my mind, I've really got to get that room cleaned! LOL

There's just so much that needs to be done here, I don't fully feel settled when I know the closets and storage are just thrown together by a man and a couple kids. <_<;):lol:

AndreaB Contributor
There's still a chance we'll be functional by Thanksgiving ... the bad news is, I had to go into the storage half of the basement which I have avoided for over a year (remember, I moved over here a little over a year ago and Adam and most of the kids were already here) ..... now that it's fresh in my mind, I've really got to get that room cleaned! LOL

There's just so much that needs to be done here, I don't fully feel settled when I know the closets and storage are just thrown together by a man and a couple kids. <_<;):lol:

Hope it will be done in time. :)

:lol: My hubby is mostly organized but I know what you mean.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

CarlaB Enthusiast
:lol: My hubby is mostly organized but I know what you mean.

Mine is NOT! I'm a perfectionist .... he's totally disorganized .... letting go of organization has been one of the hardest things about being sick .... but now that I'm starting to feel better, I'm planning :lol: ... I have several projects lined up in my mind .... I just have to be sure I do them as my health allows and not on some kind of time schedule.

I opened the coat closet on the first floor .... apparently I had never opened it .... well, I closed the door and have been pretending it doesn't exist .... :lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
Sure. Just slightly elevated.

SGPT 48 (Range 0-46 U/L)

SGOT 44 (Range 0-34 U/L)

This was last month's. I had a repeat this morning, and will post after I get the results.

Thanks Sherry.

Were they concerned with the numbers just slightly out of range?

It might have been me talking about Chinese herbs, I have done acupuncture for years and have taken herbs frequently.

I think you have to be careful about what you get in China, at least that is what my first acupuncturist told me (I don't know if anything is regulated?). He was Korean and studied all over China and Japan and he took great care and concern when choosing the products he gave out.

I actually asked my recent acupuncturist how TCM treated lyme and she said they do treat it, they would approach it as bacterial and treat the other symprtoms presented as well.

Kassandra, I would have to agree that protein is essential for a chronically ill person so just keep that in mind when your body calls for it.

Carla, sorry about your cough. Do you have a nebulizer? Or even a hot witch hazel pack over the lungs helps to draw that out and open it up.

Hope your kitchen is done by Thanksgiving :) I would be lost without my kitchen for turkey day.....Do you plan on cooking or will the kids help?

CarlaB Enthusiast

Julie, usually I cook on Thanksgiving .... Morgan makes the sweet potato casserole and Chloe makes the green bean casserol. Thanksgiving morning, Adam and I work together to get the stuffed turkey in the oven. After that, it's just the potatoes, and this other beet/red cabbage/pecans/carmelized, hmm, Lyme brain, all I can remember is I carmelize something ... and it's way too much effort, but it's fantastic and adds some red.

But, if there's no kitchen, we'll have to find a place to eat out!

I do not have a nebulizer ... how do you do witch hazel packs? I'm most concerned about detoxing because I don't want this to flare up the Lyme.

Green12 Enthusiast
I do not have a nebulizer ... how do you do witch hazel packs? I'm most concerned about detoxing because I don't want this to flare up the Lyme.

Well it might be too much for you then.

Witch Hazel has astringent, styptic, and anti-inflammatory properties

What I did, and there may be a more scientific way of doing it, was take a wash cloth and got it damp with water and then put it in a microwaveable safe bowl and poured some witch hazel on it.

Then I microwaved it for about 30 seconds until it got hot (be careful it doesn't get too hot because it could burn your skin) and then applied it over the chest/lung area. I repeated this several times throughout the day.

I found this remedy in a book I have written by a naturopathic dr, I think it's good for when infections go to the lungs and you have a lot of symptoms like coughing and etc.

I'm glad you have help for Thanksgiving. Whole Foods and Wild Oats have a complete Thanksgiving meal you can order, at least they do here. You could order in too as an option if your kitchen doesn't get done.

Then again, you guys may want to get out away from the construction....

dlp252 Apprentice
I opened the coat closet on the first floor .... apparently I had never opened it .... well, I closed the door and have been pretending it doesn't exist .... :lol:

I do that to my whole condo!!!! :lol: :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Thanks, Julie, I'll buy some witch hazel when I'm out. It sounds like something that might be nice before bed. :)

I think I'll be taking more of my parsley and burbur today ... already had some "coffee". I can't do the sauna when I feel like this though. So far, I think the Lyme is quiet .... all my symptoms can be explained by the cold and the Lariam I took last night ... Lariam is once every five days and makes me a bit "stoned."

CarlaB Enthusiast

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Green12 Enthusiast
Lariam is once every five days and makes me a bit "stoned."

:huh:

Just make sure you get a pure witch hazel extract.

FYI everyone: for children this remedy must be diluted.

Has anyone heard of Immune Science Labs? Or something like that? There are tests that can pinpoint exactly what part of your immune system is deficient/excessive and where your health problems stem from??

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Dunno what happened cuz my post got sent prematurely??

I deleted this one.....the whole post is below.

jerseyangel Proficient

Rachel--good to see you again! I was wondering what happened to you--until I saw Andrea's update.

It all sounds good--I remember that excretion has always been an issue for you--your doctor sounds like he has a solid plan for you that makes sense.

Glad you're back on-line :D

Green12 Enthusiast

Rachel, good to see you again!!

I was wondering where you had disappeared to.

Great news that your body is doing its thing with the chelation :D

Rachel--24 Collaborator

I'm back online!! :D

Andrea, I was able to get on here last night but it was too late to catch up and post. Thanks 4 updating. :)

So as previously mentioned I saw Dr. S. yesterday and got my results....FINALLY!

Jin...it was the longest 2 weeks ever!! I saw where you posted 5 days went by in the blink of an eye...ummm...I *wish* it had been that way for me! :lol:

So the results werent as bad as I feared but I was still very concerned because everything was in the reference range. My own opinion was that the "normal" results do not come close to what is actually there.

I was mostly worried that if I got these results Dr. S. wouldnt take the metals seriously since he hasnt been aggresive with any type of treatment in the absence of positive tests in the past.

I have my other Dr.'s but for chelation (if I want IV DMPS) I need his help.

Thankfully he felt that my results show a serious problem with the metals (esp. mercury) and chelation is necessary.

He said he doesnt feel that I excrete very well so the results wouldnt give an accurate picture of the actual body burden. Also I took only 1cc of DMPS....whereas most people take 3-5 cc's. He said if we multiplied my results by 5 (the full dose of DMPS) my mercury levels would be very elevated...although he doesnt think I'd be able to excrete that much.

He doesnt plan on ever giving me a full dose of DMPS.

He said Dr.'s who treat heavy metal toxicity see the same pattern with the challenge tests. The first tests with DMPS are usually low...not much is coming out. When you get to about 6 or 7 DMPS treatments mercury starts going higher.

This was exactly what I'd learned in my research so it made me feel good to hear that it was true in his experience. He said my levels should start increasing unless I have blocks in my pathways.

After about 6 rounds of chelation we will do Doctors Data again and if the levels arent rising...or if we have to stop because I cant handle it...he will send me back to Anna to have her treat my pathways. He said whatever she does works because the patients with blocked pathways start excreting after her treatments.

He does feel that there is significant amounts of mercury and its definately affecting my health. He's not sure how well I'll be able to excrete it though. He still says I'm a "special case" so he's unsure how well I'll respond to the treatments.

I have my first chelation on Thursday....it will only be 1cc again. Two weeks later I'll have my second which will be 2cc's. The next will be 3cc's if there are no problems. He wont go higher than that...he says we have to do this with low doses and people tend to run into redistribution problems with higher doses.

He said if everything goes smoothly and I dont have complications with the pathways I should be about done with DMPS in about 6 months. He said once the mercury burden is lifted my body will start repairing itself. All of the layers of disease....the allergies...the gut inflammtion, yeast, etc...all of these problems will start improving because we're getting to the source which he now believes is mercury.

I will most likely switch to DMSA when DMPS stops working. We didnt discuss that part.... but that is my plan. DMSA will get to the areas which the DMPS did not get to...particulary the brain.

He gave me my choice of chelation and I picked the IV DMPS. He does not recommend orals because of the aggravation of yeast and digestive problems that are common with those. He kind of wanted me to start with DMPS cream...which is absorbed through the skin and alot more mild in comparison to IV DMPS.

I didnt want the cream because its less effective....its slower. Its usually used for kids with Autism. because its less aggressive. He said if there are any problems we will stop the IV's and switch to the cream. I hope that doesnt happen!!

The key is keeping the IV DMPS at a dose that I can handle and not exceeding that. I plan on setting up an appt. with Anna to check on my tolerance for DMPS as well as my pathway function.

I will also be seeing Amy in about 4 weeks....I will have her check things as well.

He said the most common reasons for blocked pathways are the sensitivies, Lyme, a missing enzyme...stuff like that. The problems that kept coming up for me earlier this year was that I was reactive to many critical things involved in the methylation process. Those sensitivities were blocking the pathway. Most of my problems are likely stemming from the mercury burden.

I think there was more but I cant remember right now. :)

dlp252 Apprentice

Rachel, that is so exciting!!!! Just the fact that you are now moving along in actually TREATING something is amazing and exciting to me!

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear Andrea,

Thank goodness Rachel is alright! We were worried. She disappeared lately. What great news that she is finally excreting those awful metals! This is exciting!

How terrible that you had to drop your insurance coverage! I know the worry, too. Not having insurance is so scary, because if an emergency would occur, the cost could be very high if the treatment was particularly expensive. Those situations cannot always be planned for. I am scared as well, but luckily I do not have any children or a husband to worry about.

Dear Sherry,

I have been doing research on the acid/alkaline balance as well. If you need a list of foods, I can give one to you. All you need to do is ask! ;) I need to be more alkaline according to my blood type. I am AB positive. Now that I have been doing the lemon water, I have noticed a difference.

I react to gas stove fumes as well! When I stand over the stove cooking, or when I have the oven on, I tend to get dizzy. I am glad I am not the only one! Maybe one day I will get to move out and have an electric stove. For now, I have to use what we have.

That is interesting about the Chinese Medicine. I can see why you would be nervous about mixing it with traditional medicine. Things can get so complicated and confusing! Maybe your GI issues will be resolved soon. I know you need to see your doctor here in the U.S. for more help.

Dear truthsearcher,

I am so happy you finally got your results back from IgeniX! It is nice to know you are getting some answers. I hope to be next! I faxed the information Donna sent about the interpretations on the tests to her Friday. I am determined to get things going on this!

Positive results are good! Looking for answers is exhausting. In time, things will improve. Upon receiving treatment, everything will change. I know the frustration of waiting for improvement, as do most people on this thread. We are more than happy to oblige to your support needs! :)

Isn't it amazing how children are? They bounce back from things so well! I am glad your family is dealing with your illness the way they are. Strength is something we all get from adversity. We do not always become grateful for it until we pass the hurdles, but once things improve, we will be.

Dear Rinne,

A snickerdoodle is a cookie similar to a buttery sugar cookie, but with swirls of cinnamon and sugar in it. They are very good! A crust made from them would really accentuate the flavor of pumpkin pie. Do not feel bad about not knowing what snickerdoodles are! My father did not know what they were until after he married my mother! :lol: I suppose it is a regional thing, where some people eat them and others have never heard of them!

Psyllium husk is bad! That stuff is deadly. I will not take it for anything. My experience was like yours. Psyllium is heinous!

Yes, Rachel now likes pink a lot! It is so funny, because she never liked it. Things started going better for her after she began wearing it. October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month at Safeway. Showing support by wearing pink t-shirts with jeans was allowed. Ever since, Rachel has become a believer!

Neutracetical is something I have no information on. I wish I could help you with that. Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about it. So many different supplements are out there. It is difficult to keep track of them all! I think I have heard of that stuff, but do not know what it is for.

How awful IgeniX was accused of such a thing! The government always goes after the innocent people. They just do not want to acknowledge what is going on. Why would they care? Unless one of them gets sick, they do not really take an interest in this type of thing.

I know what those nightsweats and hotflashes are like! I get them, too! The thing is, I am not menopausal. I have had these since I was a teenager. Ever since puberty hit, they have been an issue. Interestingly, that was the same year I think I was bitten by a tick.

Dear Carla,

Thank you for the link to the PH info! I really wanted to see more about it. The list of foods I have should help a lot. Ask The Herbalist was where I got my list from. I am going to try to alkalize my system more and see if the yeast dies off some. I am also planning on taking a new supplement to kill it off every week on top of gradually eliminating sugar and other yeast no-nos.

I am so grateful that you can interpret the IgeniX tests, because I cannot do it! TS will finally be able to start recovering. We can celebrate now! The Lyme Clan has another member! Therefore, it is time for champagne! Well, maybe not considering how much Lyme messes up people when alcohol is involved! :lol:

Your trip to Naples sounded divine! I am so glad you enjoyed the trip! Of course, who could not have a good time at the Ritz Carlton? Everything from room service, the car show, the spa, to the heated pool must have been terrific! Remind me to stay there when I get rich!

How wonderful that your family has been brought closer together due to your illness! You wrote about it so elegantly! Good things do come from bad ones. Sometimes we just need someone to remind us of this. Thorns may make not make roses more beautiful, but remind us to be thankful for the beauty in the rose itself.

I am sorry to hear you were suffering with a fever and cough. That sounds miserable! You probably caught the flu or a cold from the plane. The air does not circulate well in them. As a result, germs can easily get breathed in. Hopefully, you will feel better soon and not flare afterwards.

ROTFLMAO! You never noticed that closet, or were you afraid to look in it? I know where you are coming from. What my parents have done to this house is scary. Like you, I am a perfectionist and cannot stand things being out of place. It literally drives me crazy.

I am glad your husband's line of work is so steady. Not many people are that fortunate. My father is a salesman, so things are up and down. I would not want to be a salesperson, because you cannot depend on a definite paycheck. There is always a variation, and planning for bills is difficult that way. I want a steady flow of cash. We always are left worrying whether or not we will be able to afford to pay the house payment or not.

Dear Donna,

That is terrible about the sensitivities found at BioSet! :( The stuff you react to is in a lot. This has to be terribly frustrating! At least you do not wear make-up that often. I am all broke out on my back, face, scalp, and neck. I think it is DH, but cannot afford a skin biopsy.

Dad appreciates the well-wishes! Things are improving every single day! The antibiotics were the saving grace. Had he not called the doctor when he did, it might have been like last time. He took six months to get over that nasty infection before.

I would not mind learning more about miasms. I do not really know what they are. You have discussed them some before, but not in great detail. Maybe I will Google them. Meanwhile, I hope you get to test for those next time!

Your poor doors probably feel so neglected! :lol: Our trouble is, ours are all full! Everything is loaded to capacity. It does not matter whether it is a closet or a cabinet. There is no room for anything else!

Dear Julie,

My chemical sensitivities vary as well. Sometimes, I get horribly nauseated by perfume. Other times, I am fine being around it. I never know how things will be. I am worried about getting my hair done possibly tomorrow for that reason.

Rachel has been missing lately. That is unusual for her. I hope her appointment goes well Thursday. I will be anxious to hear from her. Thank goodness Andrea was able to talk to her!

Have you gotten your Humaworm yet? I know you ordered it. When should it arrive? I am curious about how well it works. I will keep it in mind for future use.

I have not heard of that lab. It sounds interesting, though. Pinpointing where the actual trouble is can be difficult. If this lab could do that, it would be amazing! Testing is probably expensive, though.

You can use witch hazel to decongest? Thank you for the tips! Those might come in handy this year. Cold season is upon us. I hope to avoid colds, but I do have the elderberry extract as a back-up plan.

Dear Mia,

Anywhere in the store that has cleaners nearly knocks me over! I feel like I cannot breathe around the soaps and detergents. The whole situation is very unpleasant. Getting dizzy is typical for me, too. If you are like me, you want to wear a mask or hazmat suit when going into the store!

Dear tom,

Those chemicals are so hard to deal with! They are everywhere! Perfume is all over the place! My mother wears perfume, and my father wears cologne. I cannot escape it. These things even make my body ache all over when I smell them.

Dear Kassandra,

I am like Sarah, trying to figure out why these doctors have not moved their butts already! I am tired of waiting on these idiots to get well, too! They think everyone has their entire life to wait on them. You are in dire need of the IVs, and there is no reason they cannot try to fix the situation. My doctor is going to move, and I know I may drive her nuts, but oh well!

That is wonderful the Raw Food Diet is helping you! Apple pie sounds good raw, too! Food prep is exhausting. I have to go through a ridiculous amount of effort to make the most basic thing. I am going to start doing all of my cooking for the week once a week, because I do not have the energy for cooking and cleaning every day anymore. Besides, that is more energy I could spend doing things I enjoy, like artwork or something.

I have a theory why you get bloated when you eat cooked food. Since raw food is rich in enzymes, I believe you are enzyme deficient. This would make sense. When you cook the food, the enzymes are destroyed. At least, it is a thought.

Dear Nancy,

Welcome to the thread! Corn is not suitable for pigs according to some doctors. I hope I am not sensitive to it. The thought is scary, considering all it is in. My brother cannot tolerate it.

Carageenan makes me ill, too! They were putting it in my soymilk. Finally, after Rachel posted about it, I thought maybe it was a possibility. So, I got the soymilk without it, and some of the trouble stopped. I definitely watch out for it now.

I also have an overgrowth of yeast, could have Lyme, and even heavy metal poisoning. I hope to get some answers soon.

Dear Sarah,

I cannot figure out why doctors assume patients have forever for them to get on things! We have spent enough time sick. It is time we heal! They often hold us back by not taking action. This is so frustrating! What do we pay these idiots for?

Dear Rachel,

There you are! Sorry to hear your time did not fly like you expected waiting for the test results. I never wish time away, because it passed too fast. It honestly scares me how quickly it goes. The thought depressed me a lot.

This is great news! You can start chelation! Just think of all the wonderful things you will be able to eat once you are done with treatment! In six months, you may be well! We will be thinking of you Thursday!

Dear Patti,

How are you doing? Are you still unpacking? Settling into the new home probably takes a little bit. Meanwhile, I hope your stomach issues are not bothering you. I know you had been glutened a while back, and that was hard on you.

Sincerely,

Jin

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Jin,

Yup.....I was missing in action for a few days! It was kind of weird to be away from the computer for a few days and not really panicking about it.....I guess thats progress. :lol:

My mom's computer crashed and the new computer is pretty sketchy....already causing me grief. <_<

I kept myself busy over the weekend. :)

I skimmed through alot of posts....gotta go back and reply to some things but for now I just wanna add my thoughts about the chemicals.

Stupid chemicals!! :angry:

Donna....I could totally use your help with the Bounce!! :D

Right now the display is empty...a big void where the Bounce should be....they're all "hiding" in a box somewhere tucked away in the backroom. :lol:

Stupid Bounce! :angry:

Rachel--24 Collaborator
Rachel, that is so exciting!!!! Just the fact that you are now moving along in actually TREATING something is amazing and exciting to me!

Donna...I'm pretty excited but at the same time I try not to get too excited....its still not a fun process to go through but at least I'm finally THERE!! :)

You know how Dr. S. is...so it was really a big thing to hear him say that this is most likely the cause of my problems and we need to start chelation. Its something I've known for so long.... but the more confirmation I get the better I feel about it.

So yeah...its really exciting!! :D

I feel like I've been treating stuff for awhile now...the infections in particular....but obviously I didnt ever feel like the infections were my primary issue. The yeast is pretty significant but still secondary to the metals. My gut instinct has always been that the metals have to come out for REAL improvement to take place. Everything else (especially diet) has mostly been to improve my situation as much as possible...but definately not a cure...just "bandaid" treatments.

I hope I will get some good results with the treatments....I expect the first ones to really stir up yeast and I'll probably be expericiening some worsening of symptoms due to that. We'll see how it goes. :)

I cant eat sugar at all anymore because it will make detox more difficult. He said if I cant handle it during the holidays we can hold off on the DMPS until after the new year.

Ummm....there is NO WAY I'm waiting any longer....not even for some gluten-free pumpkin pie! :P

I guess we wont be duking it out over the pies this year...although you might find me standing there staring at them. :lol:

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Rinne...I know what I said about pink several pages ago....but I've had a change of heart. I LOVE pink now. :lol:

I think it might be my new favorite color. :P

Yeah....originally I said that pink has no place in my life....that it would probably cause me a setback or something. Then only a couple days later pink was EVERYWHERE!! :blink:

I had no choice but to embrace it or pass up the chance to wear jeans everyday for a GOOD CAUSE.

Pink was good to me...I felt really good everyday I wore it. :)

I think it truelly *is* a healing color. :o

Archived