Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Cbs News Story

(revealing my total non-techno saviness, here)

Can someone tell me what is a listserve? do I write to that email address and ask for something? :blink:

Yeah, usually just send them an email that says "I want to subscribe"

And I got an email about it too! I am so watching it! It comes on at 5:30 here (Texas). You can check at www.tvguide.com for your local time/channel!

(revealing my total non-techno saviness, here)

Can someone tell me what is a listserve? do I write to that email address and ask for something? :blink:

A Listserv is like a newsgroup or forum, but all communication is done via email. Members become part of the group, and posts are sent to all members via email.

Michelle

I'm glad I checked. It comes on at 5:30 here too (Sacramento, CA).

Nancy

Would that be 5:30 Chicago time, i have to watch this!

WOW-----this is a GREAT STORY! I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS. WOW. SO HAPPY TO SEE A REAL REPORT---AND GREAT TO SEE DR. GREEN

I agree! Short and Sweet! Enough to get people thinking and asking questions!

Good gosh you guy are fast.

It was the best coverage on national news that we have ever gotten. I CERTAINLY am no fan of Katie Couric, but someone put it out there and bless their hearts.

Lisa

Lisa--I feel the same way! After all the letters and emails we have sent over the months, it's just so gratifying to see something like that.

I like how the doctor said that when he was in med school, they were taught Celiac was a rare disease! He wasn't all that old, either ;)

Very good...but i wish it would've been alot longer, i feel like there were so many other symptoms they could've mentioned. But, i am super thankful they did a segment on us :D

omg... YOU guys made this happen with your e-mails? omg... you guys are HEROS!

Who knows what ultimately got them to do it--I just know that a lot of us have writen to every news outlet that we could think of--maybe someone finally listened :D

YIPPEE!! I thought the segment was great! I honestly didn't expect it to be much longer than a 5 minute segment. They touched upon a lot in a brief amount of time. In fairness to them, they *did* give Celiac Disease a major boost in mainstream media and couldn't possibly get into all of the symptoms and related issues in a "segment". Kudos to CBS for putting it out there.

Does anyone else find Katie Couric to be stiff and have little affect?? :huh:

I didn't see it!!! I was at a cubscout meeting with my son, and just got home!!!

DRATS!!!

I saw Dr. Green in Stanford, he was awesome....very funny, but he DID push the biopsy at that point. I'm kind of surprised to read that he didn't.

I wish I could have seen it. Heading to see if I can find a replay of it on the cbs website.....

Floridian,

Actually, for a national news segment (think, 30 min, minus commercials...what, maybe 22 min?) I was actually REALLY impressed that it got as much time as it did (lead in from Katie, story, then 'discussion'). My husband works in the news business so I pay more attention to that type of stuff....so I must say, I was impressed that they gave it so much time! I was afraid it was going to be a 20 second segment on a research study or something.

Laura

I was just watching the CBS evening news and there was a teaser for a story coming on tomorrow night. The teaser went something like this: this whole family has a disease but none of them knew it until little Emily got sick. It's thought a million Americans have it but most of them don't know it yet (end of tease). Chills went down my spine and I usually have excellent instincts so I think the story may be about Celiac. I don't even watch the CBS news so it was a fluke that I had it on. I can't be home tomorrow to watch but I'm going to tape the whole show tomorrow night, just in case I'm right. I'll post back if I'm right or wrong.

It was so on the mark I was actually starting to get tears in my eyes!

Tom