Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

Brandnew Granddaughter

Our son and daughter-in-law had their first baby on Dec. 20th, at 3:46 PM. Her name is Abigail (Abby), and she weighs 7 pounds, 3 ounces. This is our seventh grandchild, and the third little girl born this year! First our second daughter had her first baby in May, then our oldest daughter had her fifth baby in August, and now our son had his first baby.

This makes five granddaughters and two grandsons. The poor guys are seriously outnumbered in this family! We have four daughters and one son.

My new avatar is the first picture our son sent us. Our daughter-in-law and Abby will come home tomorrow, and I will go and see her, and take some pictures of my own.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Awww what a beautiful baby!! :D. Congrats! Btw, dumb question, was the baby born elsewhere or something? Because today is only the 19th :P

~ lisa ~

...Flames vs. Panthers, and Lifehouse, were best experiences OF MY LIFE!!...

...26 years old...

...Look in my forum profile for ways to read my public sports articles...

R.I.P. Uncle Gus (Sept. 21, 1971 - Oct. 2, 2004) ... R.I.P. Baba (Oct. 12, 1911 - Feb. 28, 2006) ... R.I.P. Uncle Lawrence (Aug. 7, 1943 - Jan. 4, 2009)

Congratulations Ursula! She's beautiful!

Liz

Started Specific Carbohydrate Diet on 8-16-09 because son was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and want to give him moral support.

Diagnosed with Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome in 2003. Discovered that going completely gluten-free put me in remission.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Psalms 27:13

Oh Ursula... She's beautiful. You must be so proud! Congratulations to all!!

Nancy

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.

~Chinese Proverb

Congratulations! What a lovely baby ! Love the name too !

Diagnosed May 2006 - Hashimotos Thyroid after being diagnosed in 1977 and told it didn't matter.

Diagnosed June 2006 with adrenal insufficiency.

Diagnosed June 2006 as Gluten Intolerant after I failed the Challenge Diet. Negative blood test.No biopsy.

Diagnosed June 2006 as B12 low. Needed weekly injections for a year.Still have them every 2 weeks.

Trialled Dairy Free Diet and reacted positively to that challenge in January 07.

News Flash! Coeliac Genetic Testing done April 08 . DQ2 Positive !

Diagnosed July 2010 FODMAP. Limits on Fructose, lactose, polyols, fructans. NO ONION! But I can have hard cheese, butter and cream again!!!

Congratulations, Ursula! She's just beautiful :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Very precious!!! Congratulations!

Congratulations!! :)

Ursula, you are really building up quite a collection!!! :)

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required - Sir Winston Churchill

Nikki

Son diagnosed with Coeliac Disease Oct 2006 by biopsy (at age 13yrs)

black_cat.gif

Congratulations !!!! She is gorgeous ... marcia

Jan 1990 - Dx CFS/ME/FM (URI's, Ataxia, myoclonus, orthostatic hypotension, insomnia, brain fog, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat... ) Completely Disabled (housebound and bedridden at times)

2004 - Digestive pain all the time.

May 2004 - Hiatal hernia, erosive gastritis, gastroparesis (endoscopy)

August 2004 - Colon polyps, diverticulitus, internal hemorrhoids (colonoscopy)

No relief from Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Zelnorm, Miralax, Imodium, Lomotil ...

July 2005 - GP recommended WFDFSFEFCF + vegan (Also, anything that hurts free)

Immediately stopped needing naps and digestive pain reduced.

Sept 2005 - GFDFCFSFEF + chemical free - Immediately stopped feeling jittery / buzzing and digestive issues were much better.

June 2006 - Dx B12 and iron deficient. Started B12 injections and using cast iron pan.

August 2006 - MYOCLONUS GONE. (off Klonopin)

September 2006 - ATAXIA, INSOMNIA and Feeling like the floor was moving under my feet gone.

June 19, 2007 - Positive DQ2, Dx Celiac

October 2007 - Sleeping like a baby, waking up with energy, but still having fatigue/stamina issues

Nov 2007 - Started Paleo diet for chronic hypoglycemia

April 2008 - GTT normal. I'm no longer hypoglycemic. Started Low oxalate diet for kidney stones.

May 1, 2008 - Began salt loading for OI/NMH - noticed immediately muscle weakness was gone. I was sodium deficient but my labs don't reflect it. Still working on OI and PEM.

What a sweetheart Ursula! Congratulations!

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Congrats!!!!! She is beautiful! What an incredible holiday gift. xoxo

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Thanks everybody! Oops, I was looking at the computer calendar when posting, and it was after midnight and showed the 20th. Chalk it up to brainfog. :rolleyes::ph34r: Of course, she was born on the 19th. Thanks, Lisa, for pointing that out.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations! What a beautiful Christmas present! Holidays will be mayhem next year with 3 little girls toddling around pulling down the tree! :lol:

Linda, Mom to Ty (11 years old)

Ty was diagnosed by blood test June 7/05

biopsy Aug 11/05, diagnosis confirmed Aug 18/05

Mom, Dad and big brother Celiac-free.

Congratulations! What a beautiful Christmas present! Holidays will be mayhem next year with 3 little girls toddling around pulling down the tree! :lol:

Thanks, Linda! I haven't even thought of that! But it will also be so cute to have three toddler girls around next Christmas. All dressed up and as pretty as can be.

I love the picture of your boys, by the way.

Ursula,

She's adorable!! How lucky you are to have all these gran babies in your life! Congrats to you and your son and daughter-in-law. :)

Rachel