This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What Happened To Spring?

blueeyedmanda

blueeyedmanda Community Regular

So we had a few lovely days and now it is back to a Winter Storm :blink: I mean it was 75 here yesterday, I was thinking of starting to put away the dreary winter clothes....guess we will need them a little longer....Anyone else wish spring was sticking around?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Its still looking alot like Spring where I'm at.....I dont expect it to last though. :(

kabowman Explorer

Well, here in Indiana it is cold and dreary again and I was so excited earlier this week when it was warm. I am going to have to wear my winter coat again and I thought I was done for the season!!!!

I so want it to be warm again.

Guhlia Rising Star

Spring... We're predicted to get more snow this week. Hrmph... Hopefully the forecast is wrong, wrong, wrong... I don't have many winter maternity clothes and I'm starting to get big. I really can't wait to switch to capris.

Rachel- It started out at 58 or so this morning now we are down to 42...and it is getting windy and rainy...chilly.

Last night I slept with our bedroom window open, it was 57 overnight. It was so nice. We turned down the thermostat an awful lot as well. Looks like we will be coming home to a very cold house. :)

Spring... We're predicted to get more snow this week. Hrmph... Hopefully the forecast is wrong, wrong, wrong... I don't have many winter maternity clothes and I'm starting to get big. I really can't wait to switch to capris.

If you bring out the Capris I will bring out my dressy sandals I wear to work...deal :)

jerseyangel Proficient

We hit 74 here yesterday, and this morning the weatherman said wet snow possible tomorrow afternoon! :o

I still have some windows open, but the air is getting cooler. :angry:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guhlia Rising Star

Capris and shorts are pretty much all I bought for maternity wear. I have two pairs of jeans and a pair of khakis from my last pregnancy. My long sleeved maternity shirts aren't fitting right anymore and I'm starting to have to layer my maternity tank tops with zip up front sweatshirts. It's getting frustrated. My big maternity clothing is all summer/spring since I'll be pregnant all summer. I shopped as soon as I got pregnant and got some crazy deals on Oldnavy.com. Now I'm just dying to wear the stuff!!! It sure would be nice if the weather got warm. Tori's itching to play outside again. I'm itching to sit outside again. This weather just stinks right now. March is a horrible month. :)

MurrayM Rookie

Up here on BC's north coast we've had snow on the ground since before Halloween, or put another way, for five months. Good thing I like snow! There's a few flowers poking up on the south side of houses and the odd p%$#@# willow, but that's it so far.

Murray

nikki-uk Enthusiast
We hit 74 here yesterday, and this morning the weatherman said wet snow possible tomorrow afternoon! :o

74!!! That's almost summer!! :)

Love, love love !! the (temporary) spring here in London (Around 17 degrees c, low 60's f)

It's bright and sunny and I even got out in the garden and cut the grass!! (I love that smell :D )

...but it gets chilly as soon as the sun goes in and is forecast to have a distinct drop in temp next week :angry:

Roll on summer !!!!!

Kyalesyin Apprentice

Its been raining for six weeks here. I'm not kidding. The only way I noticed that it was heading for spring was that the rain got warmer and had less solid bits in it. That and the wind had died down some. Saying that, I wear the same stuff all year round. Difference is, in winter I wear it all on the same day and in summer I wear it spread over several weeks.

Mango04 Enthusiast

I can't believe it can go from 74 to snow in some places. That's just crazy. It's 71 here today. Hopefully it will stay that way for a while.

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Yup, 74 degrees this morning.. now it is getting colder. We are expecting rain first then turning to snow. sheesh, make up your mind!!

LoveBeingATwin Enthusiast

I can't wait for spring to finally stay around! I noticed that my tulips are starting to come up from the ground along with my day lillies and irisis. I can't wait until they bloom. I really love this time of year..the beginning of nicer weather, because I love to garden and take care of my plants and flowers. However..I am enjoying that extra couple of hours of daylight! That sure helps beat the winter blues. I can atleast go outside when I get off work and work in the yard. Summer will be here soon!! :)

Jestgar Rising Star
74!!! That's almost summer!! :)

74!!!! Break out the air conditioners!! (I'm in Seattle) (where today we have "filtered sunshine") (which is a polite way of saying 'overcast') (which is a polite way of saying 'gray, but not raining at the moment').

Viola 1 Rookie
Up here on BC's north coast we've had snow on the ground since before Halloween, or put another way, for five months. Good thing I like snow! There's a few flowers poking up on the south side of houses and the odd p%$#@# willow, but that's it so far.

Murray

Spring is down in Southern BC :lol: Actually Murray, I spent 27 years in Prince Rupert ... anywhere near where you are? My family is still up there, in the cold :rolleyes:

Guhlia Rising Star
74!!!! Break out the air conditioners!! (I'm in Seattle) (where today we have "filtered sunshine") (which is a polite way of saying 'overcast') (which is a polite way of saying 'gray, but not raining at the moment').

Ah yes, 74 is nice if it sticks around... Yesterday it was 80 degrees here, today we're back down to 38 degrees. What a tease!!! I'm glad I didn't put my winter jacket away!!! To think we went from playing outside in t-shirts to this just makes my heart ache. I want spring.

All I wore to work today was a sweater over my skirt....I had to wear my lab coat home since it was so cold.

Jestgar Rising Star
I had to wear my lab coat home since it was so cold.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can relate!

CarlaB Enthusiast

Same here ... two days ago it was almost 80 degrees and I was having a good day health-wise, so I went out and cut down my perennials. I wanted hubby and the kids to mulch the beds this weekend because everything is starting to grow back in (it's so much easier to do before the plants grow!), but it looks like it will be too cold!

I'd rather have a good day or two sneak in and have to go back to normal, than not have the good day at all! It was fun while it lasted, but I look forward to spring.

MurrayM Rookie
Actually Murray, I spent 27 years in Prince Rupert ... anywhere near where you are?

Yup, I'm from Kitimat...much like Rupert weather-wise, but less rain and more snow.

Murray

I believe I heard the geese flying back south tonight...LOL

tarnalberry Community Regular

last week was snow at the beginning of the week - staying on the ground for a day or two - followed by sunny, nearly summer-like temperatures. now it's raining enough to keep me from going to the mountains for skiing. :blink:

DebbieInCanada Rookie

I'm in Saskatchewan. This year we've had the MOST snow that my kids can remember. It's the most that I can remember in a good 15 years (40% more than average, I believe). It's about 4 feet deep in my whole back yard. The city is sending us notices of how to deal with the melt this year, and avoid basement flooding. And it was NASTY cold for a good part of February. We actually had about a week of above freezing temps in early March, so things started to thaw, got a good layer of water all over everything, and now it's frozen solid again. -27C (-17F) yesterday (-35F with the windchill). They say it's going to +4C (39F) on Saturday, so at least we will be melting again. I bought some lily bulbs on-line last week, so the snow better melt in time to plant them!!

So, for all of you with tulips coming up - I envy you <_< .

Debbie

no tulips here....lots of mud from the previous thaws...and now it is snowing, and from what I hear going to get heavier all day long.

Angie-Tory might get to build her snowman we are looking at a foot...too bad it is going to be heavy wet snow.

Archived