Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jharris

Possible Celiac Syptoms

I was diagnosed with indeterminate colitis a year ago. A very sensitive GI told me that I wouldnt get better and I would likely get worse. I decided not to go back to her. I was taking a drug called Asacol for inflammation in my colon. I still had cramps diarrhea bloating and bleeding. I also get raised itchy welts on the palms of my hands and frequently have canker sores in my mouth. When I learned of celiac I decided to cut out gluten and see what happened. My cramps subsided, I was going to the restroom less frequently and there was less blood and no bloating. I also stopped taking the medications and my syptoms didnt worsen. This was after only two weeks. I decided to get the blood test to know for sure so I ate bread two days ago and pizza last night. I woke up this morning with a lump in my chest, I can barely swallow (possibly indegestion). One of the lympnodes in my neck is severly swollen and over the past two days the welts on my hand have flared up worse than ever. One of my questions is, is it possible for symptoms to subside in two weeks and do my syptoms today sound like they could be from the reintroduction of gluten? Im really nervous about the swollen lympnodes.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Join eNewsletter