Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lookingforanswers17

Just Got Bloodwork (is This The Right Tests?)

I just went to the doctor today and he suspected celiacs. He ordered bloodwork but the test are somewhat different than what I've seen on here? Will these test show celiacs?

Sed rate (this one is always normal for me so I don't know why he is testing it again)

also,

C-Reactive Protein

and

Endomysial Ab? Is this one for celiacs? Should he have ordered other bloodwork or will this show it? I want to make sure I am getting tested for the right things?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just went to the doctor today and he suspected celiacs. He ordered bloodwork but the test are somewhat different than what I've seen on here? Will these test show celiacs?

Sed rate (this one is always normal for me so I don't know why he is testing it again)

also,

C-Reactive Protein

and

Endomysial Ab? Is this one for celiacs? Should he have ordered other bloodwork or will this show it? I want to make sure I am getting tested for the right things?

Hi, both these test are for inflammation, and will not show celiac. If he suspects pain in the bowel, he could be looking for inflammation there, as in crohns disease, which is possible. I am not Sure about the Endomysial Ab!!! I have been tested for SED and C-Reactive. My SED rate was 58 at the highest, and my C-Reactive Protein, was within normal range. I believe this one also shows heart problems, as I am not a doctor or nurse I can be mistaken. Google these different test, you will get more accurate infirmation.

Hugs

Gerri