Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

A Question For Women

Hey girlies,

I havent gotten my period in 2 years, and was just diagnosed this past Monday with Celiacs...I was wondering if anyone else experience amenorrhea(loss of your period) and then went gluten-free and got it back? The doctors were calling me a medical mystery for awhile, but I do lose a lot of weight, and I know that having a low body fat % can lead to losing your period as well. So, having celiac disease may not be the reason for this, but I'm hoping that after being gluten-free for awhile that my body will start making estrogen again....I must say, it's going to be weird when it does come back....but I'd like to have kids in the future, and it's scary to think about it, like, HELLO?? PERIOD??? WHERE ARE YOU??? <_<

Self-diagnosed

Gluten-free since 3/15/05

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Mya:

Be careful what you wish for! Anyway, mine came back once I put weight on

Welcome to the board

Sally

Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"

"blood work show's a disease called celiac,

but it can't be that because it's rare!"

Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac

offering support, my

experience and advice

Thanks Sally,

I know, I don't miss buying "supplies!" But it is something that needs to be taken care of, I'm only 24 and my mom is always joking around and saying that we went throught menopause at the same time! HAHA

Self-diagnosed

Gluten-free since 3/15/05

Archived