Pamela B.

"but You Only Have 'borderline' Gluten Intolerance!"

Rate this topic

Well, I did it again.

I went to Chipotle and didn't want to embarrass myself by asking them to change gloves for me since it was busy, so I ordered a burrito bowl like normal. Everyone's been telling me I need to not worry about cross-contamination because my test results said I "only have a borderline gluten intolerance", even though my gut (pardon the pun, haha) feeling has always been to be just as strict as someone with celiac disease. You would have thought that I would have learned my lesson last time about being careless with my eating, but noooooooo.

Hello once again, chronic fatigue flareup times 10.

I was kind of thinking that the first time MIGHT have been just a fluke, but now I know without a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't. I always have fatigue issues, but never this severe, except for these two times where I had not been careful with my eating the day before.

I HATE THIS CRAP. Really, really hate it. I hate having to watch what I eat all the time and having to avoid everything containing a key staple of the American diet.

Hugs would be very welcome right about now. ._.

If I knew where you were I would hug you! I definitely hear ya! I feel like if I had some sort of other food issue, such as peanuts, it would be better---like people would take me more serious and not be such a "burden" on them.

**HUGS**

Well, I did it again.

Everyone's been telling me I need to not worry about cross-contamination because my test results said I "only have a borderline gluten intolerance", even though my gut (pardon the pun, haha) feeling has always been to be just as strict as someone with celiac disease.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Being a 'borderline gluten intolerant' person is kinda like being a 'little bit pregnant'. Your gut instincts have turned out to be correct. Sorry you are feeling so badly and I hope it passes soon. Sometimes we have to let our body tell us how sensitive we are before we really know.

(((HUGS))) to you :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I have gone from 5 years gluten-free and now told gluten intolerant also and this fatigue is reallying getting me

I know we should just listen to our bodies.

fatigue and depression seem to be my side effects now as the dx of MC treated with asacol took care of the digestive issues

good luck

oh u r not alone!! I feel the same as u- 1/2 the time i ask them to change their gloves, and then other times im too embarrased. Cant tell if ive ever had cc cause i also get similar symptoms w/ fructans and if i overdo the peppers and onions, im in trouble. Dont beat on urself *hugs*

Hugs and a big chocolate chip gluten-free cookie!

If I knew where you were I would hug you! I definitely hear ya! I feel like if I had some sort of other food issue, such as peanuts, it would be better---like people would take me more serious and not be such a "burden" on them.

**HUGS**

I'm in the Kansas City area, but e-hugs are just as welcome! Thank you! *hugs back*

I have massive issues with being a burden on people. That, right there, is the biggest issue I am having with this diet. I'm high-functioning autistic and I was always made to feel like I was a burden on others while I was growing up. I tore myself to pieces trying to "learn how to be normal" to the point to where it's not that noticeable anymore, but it's really messing me up to think that I may have to deal with this all over again.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Being a 'borderline gluten intolerant' person is kinda like being a 'little bit pregnant'. Your gut instincts have turned out to be correct. Sorry you are feeling so badly and I hope it passes soon. Sometimes we have to let our body tell us how sensitive we are before we really know.

This is a very good analogy! Thank you! *hugs*

(((HUGS))) to you :)

Thank you! *hugs back!*

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I have gone from 5 years gluten-free and now told gluten intolerant also and this fatigue is reallying getting me

I know we should just listen to our bodies.

fatigue and depression seem to be my side effects now as the dx of MC treated with asacol took care of the digestive issues

good luck

*hugs* Glad you were at least able to get the digestive issues taken care of!

oh u r not alone!! I feel the same as u- 1/2 the time i ask them to change their gloves, and then other times im too embarrased. Cant tell if ive ever had cc cause i also get similar symptoms w/ fructans and if i overdo the peppers and onions, im in trouble. Dont beat on urself *hugs*

I'm glad I'm not alone, but I'm sorry you have to deal with this, too. It sucks. *hugs*

Hugs and a big chocolate chip gluten-free cookie!

Yum! Thank you very much! *hugs back*

I'm in the Kansas City area, but e-hugs are just as welcome! Thank you! *hugs back*

I have massive issues with being a burden on people. That, right there, is the biggest issue I am having with this diet. I'm high-functioning autistic and I was always made to feel like I was a burden on others while I was growing up. I tore myself to pieces trying to "learn how to be normal" to the point to where it's not that noticeable anymore, but it's really messing me up to think that I may have to deal with this all over again.

Hug from Leawood!

I hate to be a burden on people but I'm finding that lots of people don't mind being a burden on me! I think in the end it evens out.

Hug from Leawood!

I hate to be a burden on people but I'm finding that lots of people don't mind being a burden on me! I think in the end it evens out.

True that.

• Upvote 1