This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

WardGirl Rookie

Good Riddance Harold. 

Lisa take care of yourself. Psillies having pneumonia is not good.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

kareng Grand Master

Bye! Bye! Bye, Harold!

Jestgar Rising Star

Yay!!  Your kiddo is livig alone in his bod again!

Loey Rising Star

Hmmmm....

Patteigh is leaking (not my fault......anybody had a phlipover?)

Bughnee is bangin' Yeti

Emmm is a disappointed phlasher 

I'm still suffering the side effects of pneumonia. Better, but still tired. Gotta get a new chest x-ray in a couple of weeks.

And now the good news....

HAROLD IS GONE!!!!!!!!! :D

Let me explain.....( and I will start from the beginning for all the newer psillies).....I'll try to keep it as brief as possible

Four years ago this month my son came down with leukemia. It was soon realized that he also had a growth at his brain stem of unknown origin that was in danger of bursting.

I flew down to Houston to be with him and my husband rode his motorcycle down. <_< (I told him not to....I had a bad feeling)

(Now, I must add this part to give you the full effect of this life-changing event in our lives)......When he arrived in Houston, he was in an accident and lost his right leg below the knee. :o  I left my sons hospital to be with my husband at his hospital, returning a couple days later to find my son in a coma, which lasted 18 days. We almost lost my son during that time. :(

The doctors couldn't test the growth for fear of killing him so they couldn't find out what caused it. :unsure: They bombarded him with antibiotics, and either that or the chemo slowly shrunk the growth.....named Harold. :rolleyes:  It has still been around as a small, insignificant lesion since then. But now it is entirely gone. B)

My son went into remission near the end of that same year, but his numbers still have not been completely normal.

Well....his platelets are still a little low, but his white blood cell count is normal for the first time. ^_^

And then there's Harold..........farewell :)

Oh my goodness, you make my past health issues look like a cakewalk! Good riddance to Harold! You deserve all the good luck and happiness in the world (as do all our psillies)! They say that what doesn't kill us makes us strong and you must be Herculean at this point! I'm proud to know you (and all the heroes & heroines I've met here)! I'll continue to kep you all in my (very powerful) prayers!

Good Riddance Harold. 

Pneumonia bad. Pleeeze take care of yourself!!!

Loey Rising Star

Update: I've been offline due to a weird medical condition (what other kind do I get?). As some of you already knowI had a serious UTI that went undiagnosed for 3 weeks (hospital lost my paperwork) so I was on two different antibiotics for 12 days. I assumed my problems were a yeast infection but it turned out to be an allergic reaction to something. Needless to say sitting at the computer is uncomfortable. I can read email on my Kindle but for some reason my replies from there get lost. I had joined the YMCA and signed up for a water aerobics class but had to withdraw before it started. I can't wait to heal and start exercising again!!!!!

Rob had a good interview for a job yesterday. He would be trained to do Medical Monitoring during surgery. You're paid during training but have to work for them for a year after training is completed. He's up for another position that would pay a lot more but right now he's been unemployed for 19 months and needs to take what he can get. If the company that's comparable to the one he worked for in NJ (Wyeth) hires him he'll just pay back whatever they invested in him. He really wants us to get out of Westerly and head to Mass. When I was sick I didn't want to leave but now I'm totally on board. Obviously we would not be able to sell the house in this market but we can rent something small in Mass. and come here on the weekends until we can sell. Or, if we're lucky, the new company would buy the house as part of the relocation packet. The house in Westerly is beautiful but the memories suck! I'm not even sure he would trust another Pharmaceutical Company after our experience up here. He might just stick to the Medical Monitoring because it's a relatively new field.

Sooo ... I remain the eternal optimist and truly believe 2013 will be good for all of us!!!!

Sending healing (((hugs))), positive energy and love to you all! :wub: :wub:
Loey

P.S. Vincent, LOVE the video and look forward to the celiac disease. Will email you about the Lost Wiki when I can sit at the computer for more than 3 minutes :wacko:

curlyfries Contributor

Yes ma'am. Spring break starts today and I have no plans.

Oh my goodness, you make my past health issues look like a cakewalk!

Girl! There's so much more to the story! I could write a book. The psillies went through it all with me. I even meet my angel Patteigh (who brought me gluten-free food) while in Houston. I still feel bad about that tearful message I left on Soozle's answering machine the day of Brian's accident.

You take care of YOURSELF (Patteigh, you too) and I'll do the same. Rob's prospects look pretty good! Keep us posted.

:wub:

Love my psillies

VydorScope Proficient

P.S. Vincent, LOVE the video and look forward to the celiac disease. Will email you about the Lost Wiki when I can sit at the computer for more than 3 minutes :wacko:

Look, I know you have lots of random conditions, but should you really be looking forward to them?

(for those that have not discovered this yet, the board translates the [c]ompact [d]isk initials into celiac disease automatically with out warning or recourse.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

curlyfries Contributor

(for those that have not discovered this yet, the board translates the [c]ompact [d]isk initials into celiac disease automatically with out warning or recourse.

I knew that but didn't make the connection when I read that and I was like... :huh: ...and  I was thinking..... well, that's our Loey! :P 

VydorScope Proficient

I knew that but didn't make the connection when I read that and I was like... :huh: ...and  I was thinking..... well, that's our Loey! :P 

Yeah, to be honest, at first I did not make the connection either, for the same reason :)

VydorScope Proficient

FIrst Night in the bag! W00T! Bed, where are thou?!?!?

VydorScope Proficient

Sold Out Audience!

882204_10151389999118655_255542240_o.webp

Both performances today went much better! Nothing like an excited and reactive audience to lift up a show!

elye Community Regular

Way to go, Vyncyeghnt....how exciting for you!  :)

Jestgar Rising Star

What a crowd!  Way to go!

VydorScope Proficient

Snow canceling performance for tonight :(

shadowicewolf Proficient

Gonna watch the live event for the sneak peak for the next movie in the Hobbit trilogy. Starts in 6 mins :ph34r: yay!

mushroom Proficient

Don't forget all them little hobbits are running around down  here in Middle Earth.  Funny little guys they are, too :blink:

Loey Rising Star

Sold Out Audience!

882204_10151389999118655_255542240_o.webp

Both performances today went much better! Nothing like an excited and reactive audience to lift up a show!

So proud of you Vincent!!!!!! Sorry about the snow.

Hugs,

Loey

Loey Rising Star

I prefer "that's our loey"   :) to our neighborhood label of "the unemployed-sickly couple." :mellow:

I have to attend an IEP meeting for the girl I tutor today and only had 2 days notice to prepare. Selia's mom is a lose cannon so I told her to let me talk. She's got a chip on her shoulder about public schools and has already gotten off to a rocky start with Selia's principal. The meeting is in the Superintendent's Office with an additional 6-7 people. I've attended over 125 IEP meetings and it never involved some of the personnel that will be here today. I know that having 2 children with learning disabilities start a school in March (right before standardized testing) is a teacher and principal's worst nightmare. The school is small and Selia and her brother can definitely impact the overall scores. Average class size is 13 students. When I was teaching I had anywhere from 19-30 (depending on the school). When I did Special Ed it was a smaller ratio. Selia was placed in 5th grade and she's reading on a 2nd grade level (and not fluently). She couldn't read at all when we first started working together. I feel for her teacher and hope the school will let me provide additional support. I would love to be able to volunteer to work with Selia in the school but have to be 100% healthy before committing to anything.

I'm approaching it like a practice job interview. My new goal is to get off of disability and get back to teaching in some capacity (like an aide). So, you never know what today could start. I can't believe how nervous I am. I also still have my "ladyparts" issue so that should be interesting. OK, time to read Ct. Core Curriculum Standards for reading. I spent Monday & yesterday looking up the people who will be at the meeting. I find that humanizes them for me. I know how to play nice within the school system but Selia's mother does not! Hopefully I'll be able to do some damage control today.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm also very excited about the meeting.

Sending you all positive energy, healing (((hugs))) and lots of love,

Loey

P.S. looks like DH might have a job. It's the one for Medical Monitoring that pays during training and then you owe them a year. It's a more stable and growing field that pays less than a pharmaceutical job but will have more security. I told you all that 2013 is going to be a great year for all of us so HANG IN THERE!!!!

Loey Rising Star

Well I just retuned from the IEP meeting and boy North Stonington is even less welcoming than Westerly! Selia only tested at a D level on the DRA which is early kindergarten (she's 12). I did get to meet with the principal and superintendent before the meeting and evidently Selia's mom, Nikki, never filed the yearly required homeschool paperwork with the state so I totally understand why the district is somewhat freaked out. I was honest with them about her problem possibly being a poor homeschooling curriculum rather than a special ed problem. I didn't have the resources to accurately test her at home. I think homeschooling is awesome with the right parent doing it (like our Vincent). Nikki has learning disabilities and so does her husband. There is no way Selia should have been taught Latin and cursive before she knew sight words, phonics, decoding, etc. They told me to follow her reading homework when I tutor her but my offer to help in school was not met with warmth. I think it will take a few more meetings to break through with them but I know I will. This isn't about a job - it's about helping Selia. Nikki was less combative in the meeting than I expected but I could feel her fuming.

AAARGGHH!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Love,

a frustrated Loey

curlyfries Contributor

GOOD LUCK, LOWEEE!!!!!!!

I know you are going to WOW them with your brilliance! Not saying anything about DH......don't want to jinx it!

I'm still waiting for this wonderful year of which you speak. Just got my car towed to the mechanic. It won't start and it's not the battery. We've already indebted ourselves with a rebuilt engine <_<

Loey Rising Star

GOOD LUCK, LOWEEE!!!!!!!

I know you are going to WOW them with your brilliance! Not saying anything about DH......don't want to jinx it!

I'm still waiting for this wonderful year of which you speak. Just got my car towed to the mechanic. It won't start and it's not the battery. We've already indebted ourselves with a rebuilt engine <_<

So sorry about your car. Try to hang in there and have faith. I really do believe with my heart and soul this will be a good year for all of us (eventually)! All is not rosy yet but I still have faith. We just got a bill from the IRS that we owe taxes from 2 years ago. Rob is dealing with it through paperwork but you can only imagine the mood he was in when he got a bill for $3000!

Love & (((hugs))),

Loey

elye Community Regular

Loweeeee! Selia (AND Nicki, in particular) is SO lucky to have you.........you are an angel to them, whether it is realized or not. .  :)

We're having car troubles, too......and, again, NOT the battery..... :unsure: ... . .. .....so I hear ya, Leeeeesargh....  ...

kareng Grand Master

Well I just retuned from the IEP meeting and boy North Stonington is even less welcoming than Westerly! Selia only tested at a D level on the DRA which is early kindergarten (she's 12). I did get to meet with the principal and superintendent before the meeting and evidently Selia's mom, Nikki, never filed the yearly required homeschool paperwork with the state so I totally understand why the district is somewhat freaked out. I was honest with them about her problem possibly being a poor homeschooling curriculum rather than a special ed problem. I didn't have the resources to accurately test her at home. I think homeschooling is awesome with the right parent doing it (like our Vincent). Nikki has learning disabilities and so does her husband. There is no way Selia should have been taught Latin and cursive before she knew sight words, phonics, decoding, etc. They told me to follow her reading homework when I tutor her but my offer to help in school was not met with warmth. I think it will take a few more meetings to break through with them but I know I will. This isn't about a job - it's about helping Selia. Nikki was less combative in the meeting than I expected but I could feel her fuming.

AAARGGHH!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

Love,

a frustrated Loey

Our schools use Youth Friends for school volunteers. The organization does background checks on in school volunteers that may be alone with a child. Then our school districts use these volunteers for one on one reading help, etc. it takes some of the liability out of having someone working with kids. Maybe the school district has something like that?

curlyfries Contributor

Well.....I guess I was a minute too late. Sounds like a tough situation. I am sure that achool feels they have all the resources necessary to take care of Selia. I have learned from experience they don't like to bring in outsiders, or pay for more help. I was surprised they let you sit in on the conference.

Latin??? Seriously???

Btw......can somebody fix this screen issue created by SOMEbody's oversized picture? :rolleyes:

curlyfries Contributor

Thank you!