This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Sequel

TriticusToxicum

Loey Rising Star

So I am trying my hand at digital art... here is my first attempt:

ee80229bdd950556785ee92488041d5a-d63pmr2

AWESOME!!!! I know I should be able to recognize these characters. Looking forward to seeing more artwork.

Well, apparently summer has arrived. Winter ended yesterday. The power company flipped to summer time-of-use charges today, and tossed in a rate hike to liven it up.

Lovely weather, so we mostly set up the back deck and had supper out there. The barbecue isn't set up yet. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow. Hit 20C (68F) this afternoon under sunny skies, and it is expected to stay like that until Monday, when it will be slightly cooler.

I think I'm dubbing you "Oh Great One" after reading that article. Yes, winter seems to have ended in RI. The trees have still not turned green but the temperature yesterday was 70 degrees. BTW, I have purchased several of your brother's books. Looking forward to reading them after finishing Vincent's special edition.

Ooo bbq weather, and it is a bank holiday here on Monday. Ours looks like an old steam locomotive, it is huge. Mr Mindwarp will be very excited.

we haven't BBQ'd yet but I think I'll suggest it to Superman (he's the BBQ'er in our house).

Isn't that an accept price you ladies pay for fashion? LOL

Got another one I am working on... liking it much better so far, hoping to to sell them via stock photo, or premade book covers or something. Right now just learning the tool and practicing.  I need raise money to by more textures and etc so that is why hoping to sell these. So my art can fund my art! :D

Can't wait to see it!!!! Loving my re-read of the first quartet. I was able to download the corrected version.  :) 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

• kareng

• jerseyangel

• VydorScope

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loey

Loey 271 posts

• kareng

kareng 222 posts

• jerseyangel

jerseyangel 212 posts

• VydorScope

VydorScope 184 posts

Posted Images

VydorScope Proficient

AWESOME!!!! I know I should be able to recognize these characters. Looking forward to seeing more artwork.

Can't wait to see it!!!! Loving my re-read of the first quartet. I was able to download the corrected version.  :) 

Thanks!

Well, they are not characters from the story (though might add them LOL). I am really liking how the girl is coming out in the second one. Right now its a couple... umm with fire. That is your teaser LOL. Textures, and objects and stuff are expensive. So need figure out the best way to monetize this... and then I can put some actual character sketches in up coming books :)

BTW- what was your preference with downloading the corrected version of the new novel? I do not have a kindle so no way to see it.

Loey Rising Star

OK dearest psillies, you have far surpassed any other forum I have looked at and the bar raised here is pretty darn high! I went to a forum devoted to my "ladyparts" issue (yes, it's still not healed). Well "if" they reply it is not with the support, compassion, intelligence and understanding (and love) that makes our forum the best! I deleted my account with them this morning. This is the best adopted family that anyone could hope for and I treasure you all more each day. No more looking to other forums. I can get everything I need (and more) from all of you and am eternally grateful.

Brief update on Superman: He still hadn't received the offer email from Sentient but yesterday the manager texted him to let him know that HR was slow and that he shouldn't worry** - he has the job. After all of the false starts and rejections DH has suffered, I think he's got a really good boss (actually his boss' boss). He is sleeping like a baby and is also cutting back on caffeine as he won't get pee breaks when he's in surgery. The commute will be long and hard and he'll be on call nights and weekends but he's looking forward to it. I now have 3 friends in the area (only took 3 years) so he's happy I'll be busy. The program in Boston wanted a second interview with him. Two of the medical staff who were supposed to be at first interview couldn't make it - I assume it was due to the Boston Marathon victims hospitalized there (Boston Children's Hospital - his interview was on Wednesday - only two days after the horrific bombings). He decided not to go to the second interview as he had the job offer and by him dropping out someone who may have been on a waiting list might get a chance.

I think I updated ou on Tony. He already set up his internship at the Public Defender's Office and seems fine about not getting the internship with Blizzard. He has to study for his LSAT's this summer and will also tutor for extra cash.

OK, time to go get comfortable (still painful to sit at the computer and my Kindle doesn't let me respond to the threads here). Someday I'll inherit DH's iPad  :) Thanks again for being such an important part of my life. 

Love & Hugs,   :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Loey

**  He got a call from HR this afternoon that the offer would arrive today or tomorrow  :D  :D 

Loey Rising Star

Thanks!

Well, they are not characters from the story (though might add them LOL). I am really liking how the girl is coming out in the second one. Right now its a couple... umm with fire. That is your teaser LOL. Textures, and objects and stuff are expensive. So need figure out the best way to monetize this... and then I can put some actual character sketches in up coming books :)

BTW- what was your preference with downloading the corrected version of the new novel? I do not have a kindle so no way to see it.

Phew - I was worried that my previous "fog" made me unable to identify the characters. Just looking at them I hope to see them in future books.

I went to the help section and had to email them to tell them there was an updated version. Then I just had to go to the "manage your Kindle" section and they deleted the first one and replaced it with the newer version. It was easier than I thought it would be. I usually receive emails when any of my purchases are updated but they did not have the first quartet on that list. Hopefully they added it.

VydorScope Proficient

So here is number two....

(now just need figure out how to market these)

please__don_t_go__by_vydorscope-d63vm7z.

Loey Rising Star

So here is number two....

(now just need figure out how to market these)

please__don_t_go__by_vydorscope-d63vm7z.

Way to go Vincent!!! You keep outdoing yourself!

Loey

elye Community Regular

OMG. . . ..another sash -- and around OPEN FLAME... . . ... :unsure:   . .. .. :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Loey Rising Star

Vincent, was yesterday the day you all tested for the next belt?

Loey

VydorScope Proficient

Vincent, was yesterday the day you all tested for the next belt?

Loey

TIm was sick so we had to miss. :( Probably do it next Thurs....

VydorScope Proficient

OMG. . . ..another sash -- and around OPEN FLAME... . . ... :unsure:   . .. .. :unsure:

hehe I love the flames! You will see more of them. Anyways... the sash on him is me cheating. I could not get the shirt and pants to look right where they met, so I covered it. ;)

I told my wife he is thinking "Man, how did I get stuck with this girly sash," and she is like "Aw, its cute! Can I borrow it?" That is what I see NOW, but was not the original thought lol.

elye Community Regular

Hmmmmm, let's see.....trouble with the area between the shirt and the pants....and the sash is, well, kinda girly.....perhaps this is why the bloke looks, well, sad...defeated...girlfriend has FORCED him to put this sash on, as she made it for him as a birthday gift. "Honey, why are  you looking so miserable? It really looks elegant and striking....it's the latest fashion element in warrior clothing,....TRUST me on this"...

Poor guy. He must be thinking, "I am going to be SO annihilated by the guys at the group jousting....they'll NEVER let up"....

VydorScope Proficient

Hmmmmm, let's see.....trouble with the area between the shirt and the pants....and the sash is, well, kinda girly.....perhaps this is why the bloke looks, well, sad...defeated...girlfriend has FORCED him to put this sash on, as she made it for him as a birthday gift. "Honey, why are  you looking so miserable? It really looks elegant and striking....it's the latest fashion element in warrior clothing,....TRUST me on this"...

Poor guy. He must be thinking, "I am going to be SO annihilated by the guys at the group jousting....they'll NEVER let up"....

Ha! Love it. That is the new official story! :)

Loey Rising Star

TIm was sick so we had to miss. :( Probably do it next Thurs....

Hope he's feeling better! All I can say about the covers is that I can't wait to see how they tie in with your upcoming novels. You've sure branched out with your talent - keep it up!   :) 

Jestgar Rising Star

Awesome graphics Vienna!  Like that the women don't have boobs big enough to shade a village.

Turks survived their first night outside after much wailing last night.  They had to appreciate being able to wander around this morning when they got up.  I let everyone out in the yard and came inside to make some warm high-protein mash for the tirkeys.  When I came out they were perched on the deck furniture waiting.  A few more days and hopefully they'll be too big to fit through the fence.

I have five freedom rangers (meat chickens) in my livingroom now.  Fortunately we're having a spate of exceptionally warm weather so I'll put them outside in a pen as soon as the sun comes out.  They're a week old and need it to be quite a bit warmer.

VydorScope Proficient

Awesome graphics Vienna!  Like that the women don't have boobs big enough to shade a village.

Thanks! I have a new version of that same pick with much better lighting, but now you can see how horrible the floor texture is so still working on it. I might just leave the bad lighting LOL

Celiac Mindwarp Community Regular

Woohooo Mr Mindwarp is firering up the bbq as we speak, so meat meat and more meat. Mmm

Been paddling in the sea this week, and life looks good :)

Loey Rising Star

Turks survived their first night outside after much wailing last night.  They had to appreciate being able to wander around this morning when they got up.  I let everyone out in the yard and came inside to make some warm high-protein mash for the tirkeys.  When I came out they were perched on the deck furniture waiting.  A few more days and hopefully they'll be too big to fit through the fence.

I have five freedom rangers (meat chickens) in my livingroom now.  Fortunately we're having a spate of exceptionally warm weather so I'll put them outside in a pen as soon as the sun comes out.  They're a week old and need it to be quite a bit warmer.

Yeah Turks!!!!!

Thanks! I have a new version of that same pick with much better lighting, but now you can see how horrible the floor texture is so still working on it. I might just leave the bad lighting LOL

Both look new covers look awesome! I can't believe you just started using this program.

Woohooo Mr Mindwarp is firering up the bbq as we speak, so meat meat and more meat. Mmm

Been paddling in the sea this week, and life looks good :)

So glad life looks good. Enjoy the BBQ!

Loey Rising Star

DH busy dealing with yard-work. He received the contract and start date (May 20th). :) He'll be on call several days a week and one weekend a month.They pay you a few bucks an hour to be on call. Also looks like there's overtime. We're ordering gluten-free Pizza tonight. I'm going to see the third man in my life tomorrow - Ironman. I would watch Robert Downey Jr reading a phone book. Superman and DS are fine with my crush. DS bought me an Ironman figurine for my birthday when the first Ironman movie came out. I guess I can agree life is good here, too. Getting use to my "issue." I don't seem to have a choice.

May life be good for all of you!

Love & Hugs to you all,  :wub:  :wub: 
Loey

P.S. it's Sunday and no Ironman for me today. I seem to have come full circle and have another UTI (in addition to other issue). Life is still good, I have much to be grateful for (like all of you psillies). 

:D  :D 

elye Community Regular

Things sound good for you, Loweeee.....YAY!   Except for that UTI.....now they are yucky....I have always found baking soda, ingested in several cups of water over a couple of hours, has stopped UTIs in their tracks....have you ever tried this? I'm sure with your history that you have.....

Jestgar Rising Star

Things sound good for you, Loweeee.....YAY!   Except for that UTI.....now they are yucky....I have always found baking soda, ingested in several cups of water over a couple of hours, has stopped UTIs in their tracks....have you ever tried this? I'm sure with your history that you have.....

Really?  Couldn't yopu substitute something made with baking soda, like muffins?

Loey Rising Star

I've actually never tried that. The only baking soda I have is in the refrigerator, warding off smells. I'll have to buy a fresh box.

Really?  Couldn't yopu substitute something made with baking soda, like muffins?

I'd love it in muffins!

elye Community Regular

Ha! No, unfortunately, the baking soda's gotta be straight up, stirred into a glass of water. I put about a tbsp. in a big glass, and drink about three glasses in a couple of hours. it's all to do with making your inner workings more alkaline...there is a lot to read about it online.... 

shadowicewolf Proficient

Ha! No, unfortunately, the baking soda's gotta be straight up, stirred into a glass of water. I put about a tbsp. in a big glass, and drink about three glasses in a couple of hours. it's all to do with making your inner workings more alkaline...there is a lot to read about it online.... 

That also works to help resolve acid reflux or so i've heard.

VydorScope Proficient

I am just going to assume this works and take some preventive medicine ;)

VydorScope Proficient

So I redid the image. All I changed was the ground texture, the skin on the girl, and complete redo of the lighting. Better?

lighttest_by_vydorscope-d647tzl.webp

Oh I moved them forward a bit because her face was getting lost in the shadow from the arch.