This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fitness and Dieting

Nikkiann

Nikkiann Apprentice

Hello! Two things for everyone here. I was recently diagnosed (through blood work, not yet have gotten the endoscopy), and have been super into fitness for a while. I always feel the best when working out. 

Firstly, almost all (except the peanut butter ones that are I think mixed with chocolate and stuff) are gluten free at LA Fitness! They do have yogurt for those who don't eat dairy, but for those who can its good. I've had it multiple times, and the workers by me in NY are usually pretty good with properly cleaning the smoothies stuff between each one. 

Secondly, I am wondering if anyone has found a good diet plan. I've lost about 75 pounds over the past four years through low carb dieting (it was 90 but I gained some back). I have been going to the gym during my lunch and after work every day, so about 35 minute session during the day, and an hour and a 15/20 at night. My diet consists of:

I have a quest protein shake for breakfast with almond milk (Quest powder is gluten free, low calorie, and ranges between 1-3 net carbs); Lunch I usually have a salad with ranch dressing, baked chicken, and sprinkled with cheese; Snack: another protein shake after my noon gym; dinner is usually eggs. 

I would like to create a gym routine that works going twice a day, and maybe if anyone has any suggestions about adding to my diet/changing it. I bought blackberries this week to try to add some fruit, but I am trying to keep my carbs down. 

I was wondering if anything else here has found a great routine/meal plan that would like to help me/talk about it. I want to keep my fitness going well! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TexasJen Collaborator

Wow!  That's awesome. Congrats on your success. In my experience, successful dieting, whether  it for weight loss, general health, muscle building, etc looks very different from one person or another. What works for one person may not work for another.  This is due to a number of reasons: finances, family, time to exercise, motivation, chronic health issues, food preferences, etc

The diet you are on is gluten free (as long as you verify that your shakes are gluten free). So, if it's working for you, it seems as though, to me, you wouldn't have to change it.

I will say that about 3months into my gluten free diet after my diagnosis last year I suddenly gained 10lbs in 1month.  My weight had been relatively stable (minus pregnancy) for the previous 10-15 years. I suspect it was because I was finally absorbing all of my food.   This was disappointing to me.  I am still working on getting used to eating less than I used to and I've only lost 5 of the 10 lbs. :) 

Good luck!

Archived